• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate my three teams I want to make for Wi-Fi please. :)

RaffStriker

Pokemon Master.
Reaction score
Okay, these are really the first Wi-Fi teams I've really thought of. I've only really battled the Battle Tower/Frontier. And theses team are in HeartGold. I don't play Black enough to make a team on there. These are just some of my favorite Pokemon I put together to make a team. Also, I've pretty much thought of these myself. And I just learned how to EV train. Although, I'm still a bit confused about it. Seeing as how I don't see any difference with my Pokemon's stats when I train them. And I haven't made these teams yet. I'm just putting it up before I waste my time and effort of making it. So here we go.

Blastoise
EV: 252Def/252HP/4SpAtt
Nature:Bold
Item:Leftovers
Moveset: Surf, Rapid Spin, Ice Beam, Roar/Aqua Ring.

Okay so here we are. My Blastoise. This is one of my favorite Pokemon, and he does really good at Rapid spinning. He is pretty bulky I guess. All in all, I think he is a good Pokemon. Now Blastoise can also learn Aqua Ring through an egg move. Which could up his health even more with the help of Leftovers. And It would make him last a lot longer in a battle. Or well, maybe not a lot, but it would help with him being there stalling. Surf is just for stab. And Ice beam is there for coverage. Rapid Spin is obviously for all those entry hazards. Pretty much, he's my utility.

Arcanine
EV: 252Att/252Speed/4HP
Nature:Adamant
Item:Life Orb
Moveset: Flare Blitz, Extreme Speed, Thunder Fang, Morning Sun.

Alright. so Arcanine is pretty much my guard Dog. And with this spread, he should hit hard and fast. Flare Blitz is for that awesome, impressive physical stab. And coming off Life Orb, it can put in a pretty good dent on a lot of things that don't resist it. Extreme Speed is for picking off the opponent if it's down to a pretty low amount of health. Or if I just need to outspeed them. Because it will do some good neutral damage as well if they don't resist it. Thunder Fang? Well, those pesky water types could get some pretty could damage. But most likely, I will be switching him if I can. Morning sun is for healing my little buddy.

Gliscor
EV: 252Hp/252Spd/4HP
Nature:Jolly
Ability:Hyper Cutter
Moveset: Stealth Rock, Roost, Taunt, Earthquake.

Now, this guy is very universal. Possibly one of the best. And I know he is good on Sandstorm teams. Now his ability does not matter in this situation. Seeing as how we aren't going to be using sandstorm. He will most likely be my lead. Starting out with Taunt. And then Stealth Rock. Or however the situation depicts. I could either Taunt, or Stealth Rock first. Earthquake is for the Primary stab. And Roost is for healing up when he gets low on his help. I was thinking about making him a baton passer. But I think he could be good as a lead.

Scizor
EV: 252hp/252Att/4Spd
Ability:Technician
Item:Choice Band
Moveset: U-Turn, Bullet Punch, SuperPower, Pursuit.

Scizor has always been awesome since he came out in Gen II. And he's been one of my favorites ever since. He's got pretty good stats. And he has massive upgrade from Scyther. Although he is slower. U Turn is for if I get into something I need to get out of. And coming off his stab, and the Att EVs he has. It would do some pretty good damage. Purusit is for those pesky switchers. Bullet Punch is just awesome coming off Technician and Stab. And SuperPower is just there for more Coverage.

Altaria
Ev: 252hp/226Spd/40Def
Item:Shell Bell
Nature:Careful
Ability:Natural Cure
Moveset: Dragon Claw, Roost, Heal Bell, Haze.

Now this is a very wonderful Pokemon. She is my favorite Dragon Type! Right there Beside Dragonite. She is beautiful, and is a very good healer in my opinion. But I'm going to mostly be using her to take special attacks. Seeing as most of my team is defensive. And I need a special defensive Pokemon. So pretty much her objective is take those special attacks, heal up, dragon claw, and stop some sweepers.

Unfortunately, I can't think of a Sixth Pokemon to fill this spot. So any of your tips can help in deciding this. So thanks for your help. On to the other two teams.

TEAM TRICK ROOM.

Bronzong
EV: 252hp/252Att/4spd
Item:Macho Brace
Ability:Levitate
Moveset: Trick Room, Explosion, Gyro Ball/Light Screen/Reflect, Earthquake.

This is my lead for Team Trick Room. His Macho Brace allows from him to be slower. Making him even faster under this Trick Room use. And his ability Levitate just makes him that much better. Heat Proof is good, but his ability to surpass those annoying ground attacks are better in my opinion. I don't see much use in Gyro Ball. For every time I've used it, it hasn't done much damage. But I wouldn't mind putting it on this set. Or maybe replacing it with a Screen. But then he only has one Attack, which is Earthquake. So it might not be useful to replace it. All in all, Bronzong MAY look like a Toilet, but he isn't as crappy as one.

Rhyperior
Ev:248hp/252Att/8def
Nature: Brave
Ability:Solid Rock
Moveset: Earthquake, Aqua Tail/Swords Dance/Hammer Arm, Stone Edge, Mega Horn.

Now Rhyperior is a definite threat in a Sandstorm, or a Trick Room Team. This Pokemon can easily be scary, for two reasons. One being how powerful he is. Two being is SEVERELY Ugly. None the less, this ugly Pokemon can still be used. Definitely. His set is pretty obvious. After setting up Trick Room, get in there and start whooping dents in the opponent. Now, Earthquake is good stab. Stone Edge hits those Pesky flying types. Mega Horn is good coverage. And Aqua Tail is as well. Hitting other Rock types for a very hard thwack. Now Swords Dance can be used instead. But then again, it makes me loose a turn of Trick Room. Meaning I don't have as many turns left to attack. Which makes SD USELESS if I run out of turns. For I won't have anymore Priority. And if I use Hammer Arm, I hit those Steel/Rock types hard as well without Aqua Tail. And also it lowers Rhyperior's Speed. Making him even faster in Trick Room. But, with his already slow speed, and Brave nature. He is already incredibly slow without Hammer Arm. So I might need some help with that deciding that.

Snorlax
EV:252Attack/252HP/4Spd
Ability:Thick Fat
Nature:brave
Moveset:Curse, Return, Crunch, Earthquake.

This a pure Attacking Trick Room Snorlax. This huge Pokemon may be slow, but in a Trick Room, he is one of the best Pokemon you could use. Just like Rhyperior. With a weakness to fighting, that's not so great. But he has very High Spd and Hp. And in a Trick Room, he goes first. And his attack is just way more shined. Curse is to pump him up. And it makes him slower, making him faster. Now I could use Belly Drum, but I don't really like using Rest/Sleep Talk/Chest Berry/Recycle. Return hits hard with Max Happiness. Letting this Happy-Go-lucky Snorlax just beat the crud out of things that don't resist him. Crunch is for coverage. And Earthquake is also for coverage. So it's pretty obvious what Snorlax does.

Slowbro
Ev:252hp/252Def/4spd
Ability:Own Temp
Nature:Relaxed
Moveset: Trick Room, Slack Off, Surf, Psychic.

This is my other Trick Room Pokemon. Slowbro. Now he is pretty good under Trick Room. And he is a good Special Attacker as well. With Surf and Psychic, he can put a dent in many things if they aren't careful. And Slack off is for healing up when need be. That's pretty much all I have to say(Wow is this my shortest entry?)

Machamp
Ability:No Guard
Ev:252hp/252att/4def
Nature:Brave
Moveset:Dynamic Punch, Stone Edge, Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Fire Punch, Earthquake/Bulk Up

So Machamp. Pretty scary Pokemon with it's No Guard ability. Nothing can miss. Making Dynamic Punch a very scary, yet annoying move. It causes confusion, and under trick room, this is very annoying for the opponent. Stone edge hits those Flying types that will be going second. And it's not going to miss. Ice Punch hits those dragons and other Pokemon for neutral damage. Bulk up is a pretty good move to use. But then again, it causes me to loose turns of Trick Room. So it might not be worth it. Earthquake is pretty much the most used/spammed move ever in Pokemon. So I guess I'll be like everyone else if I can't come to a conclusion.

Exeggutor
Item:(I haven't thought of one to go here.)
Ability:Chlorophyll
Ev:252Att/252SpAtt/4hp
Nature:Quiet
Moveset:Sleep Powder, LeafStorm, Trick Room, Explosion.

Well, Exeggutor is...Different. But he uses Trick Room pretty good. And I guess if any Water Types come along, Leaf Storm could get the job done. And if anything, Sleep Powder insures a definite Trick Room. And if anything, if I'm tired of Exeggutor, he gets Asploded.

TEAM RAIN DANCE.

Rotom
Item:Damp Rock
Ability:Levitate
Ev:252Spd/252Spatt/4hp
Moveset:Thunder, Rain Dance, Shadow Ball, Taunt/Protect/Substitute/

Okay so Rotom is a pretty good lead for Rain Dance. I don't like using Legendaries. At all. So I'm not going to use Azelf. I think these EV spreads are pretty good. And I'm sure a Jolly nature Rotom could get in there, and get the job done. Setting up it's Rain Dance, and if possible, thundering the crap out of anything that switches in. Shadow Ball is another good stab move. And I guess I could put Taunt for making those other Pokes think twice about trying to do something annoying. Protect since my little Rotom is a little..Frail. And Substitute. Because it's Substitute.

Swampert
Item:Damp Rock
Ability:Torrent
Ev:252Att/252Hp/4Def
Moveset: Rain Dance, Water Fall, Earthquake, Ice Punch.

Now Swampert is always a good Pokemon. And I think this set uses him pretty well. A Stab Waterfall in Rain Dance can knock a pretty good chunk. And he has Rain Dance in there as well to boot. Earthquake is another good stab move. And Ice Punch is for Coverage against other Pesky Pokemon such as Dragon Types. And with an Adamant nature, this Swampert can't go wrong.

Toxicroak
Item:Black Sludge
Ability:Dry Skin
Ev:252Att/252Hp/Speed
Moveset:Swords Dance, Sucker punch, Cross Chop, Ice Punch/Poison Jab.

Now Toxicroak is a pretty versatile Pokemon. And in a Rain Dance team, isn't half bad. I like this fighting frog counter part to PoliWrath. Swords Dance is for upping his Attack pretty quick so he can definitely unleash some havoc upon the Opponent. Sucker Punch is for Psychic types who THINK they can attack first. Or just for Pokemon thinking they are going to in the first place. Cross Chop is for some Definite Stab damage. And Ice Punch is for Dragons/Coverage. Although, Poison Jab can be another stab used for getting rid of Pesky Grass types trying to KO my Swampert.

Starmie
Item:Choice Specs
Ability:Natural Cure
Ev:252Spatt/252Speed/4SpD
Nature:Modest
Moveset:Thunderbolt, Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic.

Now, this may seem weird. But this Star is a pretty good force to use. Under Rain Dance, his surf is a very powerful thing. Knocking a dent in almost every Neutral resistance. And super effective damage is significant against Rock/Fire/Ground and such. Thunderbolt is for other Water types, and coverage and what not. Psychic is another coverage/Stab move. And Ice beam is also for Coverage.

Ludicolo
Ability: Swift Swim
Ev:252SpAtt/252Speed/4Hp
Nature:Modest
Moveset: Energy Ball, Surf, Ice Beam, Rain Dance.

With this set, the Dancing Ludicolo will outspeed lots of other Pokemon. Ensuring to go first, and to get some significant damage. Surf is Obvious Stab, Energy Ball is Stab, and Ice beam is coverage. And he has Rain Dance just in case I need to set up with someone else or something.

Kabutops
Ability:Swift Swim
Ev:252Att/252Speed/4hp
Moveset:Swords Dance, Aqua Tail/Waterfall, Stone Edge/Rock Slide, Aqua Jet/NightSlash.

Now, it's obvious what Kabutops does. And what he does it very good. He is a Offensive threat on a Rain Dance team. And a very good one in my opinion. Swords Dance to bring that attack stat higher then it is naturally, insuring all his moves get a good thwack on the opposing team. Aqua Tail/Waterfall is a good physical Stab. And Stone Edge is a pretty good Stab move as well. But Rock Slide could serve better with more Accuracy. And honestly, I don't see the purpose of using Aqua Jet. But I guess it could be good to pick off foes once they are done to low health. But NightSlash might serve as better coverage.

ALRIGHT! IT'S DONE! These are the teams I'm wanting to make. Let the rating begin! :)

It's a small comment but it's needed - Rotom needs to be Timid. Jolly negates its' Sp Atk so it's a terrible nature for it. It's not clear what type your Rotom is, either way, you should evolve it.

It's a small comment but it's needed - Rotom needs to be Timid. Jolly negates its' Sp Atk so it's a terrible nature for it. It's not clear what type your Rotom is, either way, you should evolve it.

Hm. I never thought about that. Your right. Thanks. ^_^

@RaffStriker ; I'm tired now, so I'll go through the first team. If you want feedback on the other two, just let me know

Team 1:

Overall, a nice team as it is, with what seems to be good synergy. Is there any one Pokemon giving you trouble in particular? Bare in mind that you won't get to use your full team of 6 in the BF so choosing the right Pokemon is crucial

For Blastoise, you can remove Rapid Spin in favour of Toxic (better than AR) and then put Roar in the other slot.

I'd put Close Combat over Thunder Fang on Arcanine if it's feasible, but TF is alright too.

Gliscor seems fine, but I'd suggest Stone Edge over Taunt

Scizor is perfect as is

I'd scrap Altaria completely to be honest. Consider either Salamence for sheer power or Dragonite for more survivability in its place.

For the final slot, I'd say go with a Special sweeper, considering the rest of your team is designed to physically sweep. Alakazam, Porygon-Z, Starmie and Jolteon are all fine candidates.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom