• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Rate the Anime Ending Above You

9/10- This makes me want to get the movie even more, and the book as well

I actually had to look up the group for this one, because I had never heard of them. It's by MAY'S, and while they it looks like they do quite the amount of TV themes, they appear to be all for dramas or variety shows. This is the only reference to an anime contribution I can find by them. Interesting!

Musically, this song feels very grandiose, and the singer (Maiko Katagiri, had to look her up as well :p) actually manages to fill it out splendidly. I wish the encoding did her justice...this is an upload of the full version, with a little better quality. From the sounds of it, though, I think her voice may be too rich to even be properly conveyed by that. I'll have to go digging for a lossless encode when I have time. ;)

The sequence itself is a little boring, just being panning over pastel art. I feel like the music would have gone perfectly with an event montage, as it would have the potential to make it especially emotional. Alas, this is an ending theme, so something like that might have been too spoiler-laden. The pictures are pretty cool, but I still feel like more could have been done here. Admittedly, I haven't seen Kimi ni Todoke, so I'm not sure if the creative decisions here have any special tie-in with the story.

In any case, I'm interested to listen to more by this group, as the vocalist is clearly talented. Overall, I'll give the whole thing an 8/10.

Well, now that I'm in the mood for some slow, beautiful music, I can't help but think back to this:

The first ending for Bokurano is called Little Bird, and it's sung by Chiaki Ishikawa, whose voice I absolute love love love. And I think this piece lets her showcase it wonderfully, as it's just her going at it on top of a light and relaxing string melody. You can tell she's a bit older than most of the girls you'd find doing anime songs (she was 38 years old when this was recorded, 9 years ago). If you like the sound of this, also check out the Bokurano opening theme Uninstall and the second ending theme Vermillion, as she does them all, and they are 3 of her best songs.

The sequence itself might look a little uninspired at first, but I think it's actually genius, if you're familiar with the show itself. Bokurano is about a group of kids forced to team up to pilot a giant robot to defend Earth. It sounds kinda generic, but the meat of this show is not about robots at all. That premise is simply a vehicle to catalyze an exploration of the minds and issues of each of the kids. It's an intensely psychological show.

The ending theme shows each of them alone in a dark space, sitting in a chair, with a light shone on them. To me, it looks like they're in some sort of interrogation, or maybe talking to a shrink, which of course makes perfect sense here. They look very isolated, paralleling the fact that although they're working together, they each have unique issues they have to work through themselves. This "together yet divided" mentality is only exacerbated when you learn what's personally at stake in Bokurano. Combine this with the fact that these are still adolescents with some degree of emotional immaturity and lack of empathy, and it makes for some pretty high tension. Also tying in, if you noticed, is how each of the character's different chairs is designed very distinctly for them, and the unique way each of them are sitting.

The sequence closes out with all of the chairs arranged in circle, devoid of life. This could parallel to a couple of different things, depending on your interpretation. I think you should go watch Bokurano and tell me what you think. ;)

7/10-I've heard of this before(while looking for shows similar to Eva) and I want to see it, also interesting to see she was in the group who did the .hack//sign intro, I never would've guessed.

7/10- Didn't notice the scenes playing in the notebook at first and I really like the voice of the singer

It looks like he had a hand in some CCS episodes as well

9.5/10- I just listened to this song earlier, strangely enough

7/10- I've never been into Yu-Gi-Oh or other card games other than WS and Pokemon(probably because I suck at making good strategies), might give it a shot

That was the only thing I've seen with her in it, and the way she sings it like Tomoko would is pretty sick

8.5/10- I keep saying I'm going to watch Howl's Moving Castle, but I never get to it. It's been recommended to me several times

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom