• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Obsolete: Rate the Anime Opening above you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
First off, that's an ending theme, not an opening theme. You need to post openings in this thread. Second, 6/10. It's okay, but not my thing. I do like the video game style scene in the very beginning.

Brutally Honest
Reaction score
Sounds really good and matches the visuals really well.
9/10, I'll have to check out the series, looks interesting.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Please do! It's wonderful!

As for the song you posted...5/10. The very beginning was fine, but the rest of it sounded a bit too repetitive for me.

I actually uploaded this one on YouTube myself recently.

Last edited:
Given power
Reaction score
8/10. Maybe a bit too plain sceneish with the visuals but does have that retro anime feel to it. Beautiful song too.

In the spirit of the day, even if it's not the day where you are yet, it is on the forums. So I am posting the opening of perhaps the most famous western anime ever. Full version of its opening too, at that!

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Seeing as it's an April Fools Joke, I'm not going to count it. But just for the sake of good sportsmanship, I'd give it a 5/10. Not a fan of the song.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
7/10 I'm not a fan of the song, but the animation is just sublime. But I do wonder about the intense focus on Tai. I do like how they briefly reference the kids falling down a void in the original show's opening.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
8/10 Funny you posted this opening in particular, as I just finished writing a review of it on my blog.

Standing Out
Reaction score
9/10
It's just a really solid OP. I'm not a fan of that last "Fighting Gold!" at the end, since I feel like it's not a natural note for the song to go out on, but aside from that the music and visuals are all masterful.

"This is the Monado's Power!"
Reaction score
7/10-While I like Dragon Maid and the the song of the intro, it's probably one of the weaker of the KyoAni openings to me and I've never get the flying spinning thing of the extra characters. Also 6/10 to Ghost in the Shell seriously?

Since Dynazenon is getting the SSSS anime treatment.
View: https://youtu.be/IMVH4bvG5GM

Für Immer
Reaction score
7/10
Trigger has plenty of opening bangers like this one, and I sense a nostalgic early 2000s vibe from the instruments alone. Not what I considered their best (sorry, Kiznaiver has taken that spot) as I heard few similar songs that has the youthful tone before, though it doesn't come up waaaayyy too cheesy for me to enjoy it.

And now, one of the best of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.