• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Rate the Anime Opening above you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
8/10- Nice visuals and the art style is distinct, but I like it

10/10- Everything is so cute, it fits the show to a T

Ah the nostalgia... even though I've only seen a few episodes of Rayearth, it still left a strong impression 8/10

8/10- I love the song, and the lyrics being shown at the beginning was clever

7/10-I have seriously no idea what I just watch, and pretty sure Mako from Kill la Kill had control over this opening.

This is from the Anime I am currently watching, "Nijuu Menzou no Musume(The Daughter of Twenty Faces)," absolutely fell in love the song. Warning: Don't Read the Comments on this video(SPOILERS).

View: https://youtu.be/6RR1Fed6LBY

7/10- Never heard of this before, I'll have to check it out

I love the sequence for the Steins;Gate opening. It feels very lonely, as the characters are mostly shown by themselves. In the shots where they are together, they're always focused elsewhere, as if they don't even notice each other. I think it's fitting, because I can only imagine how Okabe ends up feeling lonelier and lonelier as the plot progresses. As he's one of my favorite anime characters, and Steins;Gate is one of my favorite anime of all time, it definitely resonates with me. The gears and matrix-esque graphics in the opening also do well to set a general sci-fi feeling.

Where it falls short for me is the music. To continue setting the tone, I think either a desperate and frantic piece, or a lost and forlorn piece could have both worked well. I don't feel like this composition goes far enough in either direction. Neither do I think the vocal performance was fitting for the style of song they ended up going with. Nothing about it is horrendously bad, but I do think it was a missed opportunity. For that reason, I give the sequence as a whole a 7/10.

Now for mine: this is the opening sequence for the currently airing 91 Days. This apparently is getting taken down frequently off of YouTube, so apologies if this ends up being a dead link. :p Although this song doesn't sound like something I would normally be drawn to, I think it works perfectly here. In fact, I think this same vein of music would have worked splendidly in the Steins;Gate opening. It's no surprise that I then find some parallels to that opening in here as well. You definitely get that lonely feeling of the main character, Angelo, against the world. I love how it tells its own abridged version of Angelo's story and motivations, as well, rather than just being a random mashup of images. You can really feel his desperation, and the content of the scenes themselves should tell you the risks and what's at stake.

With the music selection playing, it makes the whole thing seem really tragic. And actually watching 91 Days, it kind of is really tragic as a whole. Most of the events involve individual acts of violence being met with even further escalated violence in retaliation, often devolving into a bloodbath. But before I ramble on too long, here's the actual video. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom