• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Rate the Anime Opening above you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. I kinda like it. Pretty nice sounding music, it's got a good sound and rhythm to it. Animation is high quality. Something feels off, but Idk what it is. I'll give it a 6.8/10

Heh.

7.5/10

Not sure if ^ qualifies as an anime op, but going by song alone, it's quite good. 7/10

It probably doesn't lol, it's a meme/joke.

Yo, that's pretty sick. I should probably watch it at some point! 9/10.

Now, I couldn't find a separated full version of the opening anywhere, so you've got the GundamInfo YouTube upload of the full episode instead, with a timestamp of 1:40 (that should automatically play at that point, hopefully) marking the beginning of the opening. In any case, here's the OP to Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096, featuring the song Into the Sky.

Edit: Also, my first post in this thread! Enjoy it, everyone!

That sounds super sick. 9/10.

Today, I bring you guys the second opening to Mobile Suit Gundam Wing. There's two variants of it - the Type B one was implemented a few episodes after Type A was, as the OP itself debuted relatively late into the show's lifespan. Both of them are animated to TWO-MIX's Rhythm Emotion.

The chanting at the start was nice; 7/10 for the Capra Magus!

7.5/10. The visuals were quite nice and interesting, something I've never really seen before in an anime opening. I wasn't too into the song at first, but I started to like that they did with it around the 1 minute mark. Overall, a decent opening.

EDIT: didn't realize it was already posted here sorry...

Last edited:
Soundtrack dissonance at its finest, perfect looping point. 9/10.

Now, I'm technically cheating with this one as it's the opening to a game, but it's animated by the same studio that does the anime property it's based on! You can tell the production values were high on this mobile game when you see this - the opening to Senki Zesshou Symphogear XD Unlimited. Accompanied by another opening song by Nana Mizuki, the game launched shortly before the premiere of the fourth season, Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ, and the music is no less fantastic as it is in the series itself.

Just a small, warning, though - for those who haven't seen the first three seasons of Symphogear (the original, G and GX), there's gonna be some out-of-context spoilers shown throughout the second half of the video! You've been warned, now enjoy the video!

Opening Song:
UNLIMITED BEAT / Nana Mizuki
NEOGENE CREATION

A bit of trivia while we're here: UNLIMITED BEAT was also featured in Episode 11 of Symphogear AXZ as an insert song!

5/10 The song's not really my thing but there are some cool action scenes in there.

I don't even know what's going on, but it looks batshit crazy with that legion of demons or whatever. The song is pretty damn rockin' as well. 8/10.

It pains me to say this, but this is probably the best video I could get on this opening, for two reasons:
  1. The 60FPS video on this opening has screwed up audio (and it's also too smooth looking, honestly)
  2. Other uploads of this opening on its own don't have the best audio quality either.
So you get the Twitch chat reacting to it during the Crunchyroll marathon that was held on Twitch. But hey, at least you can count along with them! Today I bring you the opening of Mob Psycho 100!

Mob Psycho 100 Opening (w/Twitch Chat reaction)
Song: 99 / MOB CHOIR

Well, that was trippy. 8/10.
The video says its unavailable.
Shoot. Looks like the uploader might have bit the dust, haha.

In that case, this is what I'll do next! Again, technically cheating since it's from a game, but like the Symphogear XDU opening above, it's animated by the same guys who do the series proper - in this case, this opening was animated by J.C. Staff! Today, I bring you the opening to Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On!

Opening Song: Get Ready!
Performed by: Index Librorum Prohibitorum (CV: Yuka Iguchi), Mikoto Misaka (CV: Rina Satō)

禁書目録 (インデックス) (CV:井口 裕香)、 御坂 美琴 (CV:佐藤 利奈)

Yeah, I still can't believe this crossover exists, either.
I admit, though, for my money, I wish the opening had a bit more action packed into it. Considering the story mode of this game apparently retells the events of the light novel this game is based on... some serious stuff happens in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom