• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the last game you played/completed/got bored with

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Holy cow, Batman! I'm surprised no one has done a rating thread for video games yet.

Winnie the Pooh's Rumbly Tumbly Adventure (PS2):
2.5/5

Winnie the Pooh's Rumbly Tumbly Adventure is to the stuffed bear what Truth or Square was to SpongeBob and Heavy Iron Studios... a bit of a letdown and a disappointing stepback compared to the previous title Piglet's Big Game. With only five birthday adventures (compared to Piglet's seven) and not even any stuff to do afterwards (if you went back to the dream worlds in the Piglet game, in various rooms there would be a challenge where you would have to catch the Heffalumps and Woozles) I found the title to be surprisingly mundane and dull which is absolutely not what anything related to the franchise should be. There are a few fleeting moments of fun here and there (the return of Piglet's scary faces) but even those are few and far between.

Oh bother indeed.

Pokemon Sword and Shield - 6.5/10. I don't think it's as bad as some people are making it out to be, and there is a lot about it that I genuinely like. But the story is a major step down from Sun and Moon, the final reveals at the end were completely pointless and never amounted to anything, and the game makes it unnecessarily hard to get certain berries and evolution stones. Bede is a jerkface who really needs a good kick in the nuts, and I admit, I'm kinda bitter about a bunch of my favorite Pokemon getting nixed, but I'm not gonna let that kill my enjoyment of the game. GTS being gone, on the other hand, is still a major sore spot for me. Regardless, I still enjoy it for what it is.

Trials of Mana - 8/10. Not gonna lie, I'm starting to see why people like this game so much, and now that I've gone through three different playthroughs, I find myself liking it more and more. I do find myself liking Final Fantasy Adventure more, but the replay value is great, the story is much more streamlined and has a tighter focus than Secret of Mana, the various job classes are fun and entertaining to use, and so on. I do wish that the characters' outfits, particularly for Angela and Riesz, weren't so needlessly skimpy. The remake is only amplifying how skimpy they are. But oh well. Still gonna buy the remake when it comes out.

I do hope to God they fix Charlotte's English voice for the dub of said remake, because she sounds awful!

Super Mario Odyssey, I will stop playing it soon when I have 100%ed the game. The problem is that it became way too grindy to be able to do that. I already got all available Power Moons and completed the VR stuff, it's just the hats and suits left to buy. And that's the grindy part, a full set can cost 8000 coins, it feels like a chore to get those because of such a high price. While grinding for coins in Bowser's Kingdom's beanstalk is a very effective strategy, it still doesn't make it less of a chore when it comes to stuff that equal 8000 coins.

Scooby-Doo Unmasked (PS2):
3/5

It's a Scooby-Doo platformer... no more, no less.

At least it does more with it's short play time like the ability to change costumes with the whole Mubber thing going on unlike the Pooh game which repeated itself over and over again to the point of making me want to fall asleep. Nothing special compared to other platformers but it gets the job done and is very faithful to the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom