• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

I do not see how exactly that is derailing when yes, this is a film thread about rating the last movie you watched and someone else may wish to chime in with agreement (or disagreement), spawning more discussion on the film at hand. Such discussion would only further aid another person in scouting recommendations - which is part of the reason why this thread from its inception is so useful.

I don't see the problem.

The Golden Compass: 7/10. I haven't read the books, but I enjoyed the movie. The polar bear fight was great. ^.^

I watched Howl's Moving Castle yesterday.
10/10
One of my favourite films of all time in the history of ever. It follows the book (which is also awesome) very loosely, but it's still an amazing movie.

Mystery Train

Another great one from the master of understatement, Jim Jarmusch. It's an anthology film telling three stories which all take place on the same night at a seedy hotel in Memphis, Tennessee, and which are all linked, in some way or other, by the common theme of Elvis Presley. Really entertaining. 8.5/10

Drag Me To Hell (2009, Sam Raimi)

drag_me_to_hell_poster.jpg.728x520_q85.jpg

One of the best horror films of the last ten years. Raimi proves that he still has 'it,' reverting back to his Evil Dead days and providing us with one hell of an homage to his earlier work, as well as an amazing stand alone piece. The beautiful Allison Lohman does wonders with her performance. She has the makings of an icon.

The Crow (1994, Alex Proyas)

190972.1020.A.jpg

Finally got around to it. I quite liked it. 8/10

The Postman

Yes, well...

Naturally, it’s a ridiculously portentous would-be epic, which probably sounded great on paper (and was adapted from what I hear is a pretty decent book), but which suffers from clumsy execution, to say nothing of its truly cringe-worthy sense of jingoism.

As a mindless piece of popcorn fun, however, it’s quite entertaining, so I hold no real grudges. 5.8/10

Following (1998, Christopher Nolan)

following-movie-poster-1020254730.jpg

7.5-8/10

Gets better as it goes along.

Spirited Away 100/10 ^^,

199.jpg

-Superb! Everything is so awesome in this movie. I love the soundtrack!

Black Swan

The dark side of ballet. I was surprised at just how intense this got in places. There were points where it felt like an out-and-out horror film (be warned, if you have issues with self-mutilation then there are a couple of scenes which will really make you cringe). Natalie Portman's performance was just amazing.

8.5/10

Black Swan was my favourite film of 2010 (but I've already detailed why, HAHA). Glad you saw it!

As for me: Saw The Fighter, which was decent. A bit run of the mill, but enjoyable nonetheless. 7/10

Tangled

In painfully unnecessary glorious 3D!

Well, this had only half the plot of The Princess and The Frog and the songs were kind of meh (disappointing for Alan Menken's involvement), but it was cute and entertaining enough. The animated scenery was absolutely stunning, and it was nice to see a 3D animated film more interested in capturing the feel of a traditional Disney film than in piling on the pop culture references, playing up the celebrity voices, etc.

The story and characters are largely by the numbers, however. Maximus the Horse was probably the best of the bunch - he was very well animated and characterised. Pascal the Chameleon, on the other hand, has to be the most blatantly superfluous animal sidekick I've seen in a Disney feature - sure he's cute, but he doesn't exactly do a lot besides provide a few reaction shots now and then. He feels more like a merchandising afterthought than anything else. And the villain is very underused, which is a tremendous shame, because Donna Murphy's voice-work had a really nice, pantomime evil quality which should have been given a lot more presence.

Not a great film, but a perfectly pleasant one. 6.9/10

Last edited:
Family Guy: It's a Trap

Much better than the second Family Guy parody of Star Wars, Something, Something, Something Dark Side. Not only that, but it's actually slightly better than the first, Blue Harvest. I'm terrible at describing movies, even if they are only the hour long special that this actually is, but oh well.

7.8/10

Yesterday, I watched two movies:
The first was Machete... I can't really put my feelings for the movie in words, all I can say is that it was a bizarre experience... 8/10

The second was Fanboys, now that's a movie I love!.. I've watched at least five times without even get bored or anything. 9/10

The last movie i watched was a Korean movie: See you after school.

It was really funny XD (like most awesome Korean comedies). I give it 9/10. If you want a laugh, i recommend it! Actually, i recommend Korean comedy movies in general :)

Get Smart. Even though I saw it twice before, Steve Carrel's humor never gets old.
9 uranium cake-cakes out of 10 (makes sense if you saw the movie)

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels - 9/10
Brilliantly atmospheric, action-packed, and funny to boot. You'd never expect a film like this to have such an engrossing, intricate plot, and yet it does, without sacrificing its scuzzy appeal.
"Just one more thing. It's been emotional."

Back
Top Bottom