• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

None other than Spiderman: No Way Home. Amazing, it's everything I wanted it to be and more. It executes everything so well, was such a good time in the theatre. Cannot recommend it enough given how much it had to do. 9/10 and the end of an awesome trilogy.

None other than Spiderman: No Way Home. Amazing, it's everything I wanted it to be and more. It executes everything so well, was such a good time in the theatre. Cannot recommend it enough given how much it had to do. 9/10 and the end of an awesome trilogy.
You think The Suicide Squad is good

"Don't Look Up" 9/10
Very very good, I like movies based in the future, and this one portrays what our future will look like very well. I can't really explain, but it's just a very good movie.

"The Matrix" 8.5/10 I'm bad at reviews, so I'll just leave it at that.

Clifford the Big Red Dog: 7/10
The CG really isn't that good for a lot of the movie, and of course I'm pissed off about taking yet another beloved illustrated/animated classic and turning it into live action because reasons. But Clifford in a vacuum is fun and expressive, and it's just an incredibly sweet movie. It gave me the warm fuzzies and in the end isn't that really what you're here for with a Clifford movie?

Flushed Away: 8/10
Starts off pretty rough by frontloading most of the shitty, gross-out humour you'd expect from a movie about a mouse flushed into the sewers, but once it gets going Aardman's magic really starts to shine through. The Soundtrack Slugs are fun.

American Beauty - 2/10. This sucked. The whole movie is literally just a middle-aged, married man lusting over a teenage girl just because he's butthurt about how his life turned out and is unnecessarily cruel to his family. None of the other characters are likeable either save for Jane, and do I even need to mention the underage nudity and overly pretentious monologues? And considering what we know about Kevin Spacey's actual conduct in recent years...yeah, don't even watch this one.

Encanto - 8.5/10. Disney's latest offering and it's...actually pretty good! Fun and colorful, but no less moving and sad when it needs to be, and I could relate to Mirabel's plight, even though the circumstances are vastly different. My only real gripe with it is that I actually felt it was too short. I kinda wish it was longer. The end credits alone are 18 minutes long, for God's sake!

The Best Years of Our Lives - 9/10. Wow, this turned out a lot better than I expected for a movie about World War II veterans struggling to return to mundane life. The stories were intriguing, the characters were all well-developed, I could actually tell who was who even with the black and white filmography, and it didn't feel cheesy or condescending in any way. Plus, all the drama was surprisingly nuanced and well-handled, never falling into any of the typical melodrama or cliches. Definitely watch this if you can.

Belle - 7/10. Sorry, Mamoru Hosoda. I really wanted to like your newest movie, and it does have good stuff in it. But the story is littered with plot holes, there's extraneous subplots that don't go anywhere, moments that could have been really good barely get the development they needed, the ending is a cheesy, melodramatic mess, and the villain character is just...lame. At least the animation and soundtrack are great.

Lawrence of Arabia - 7.5/10. Well, this certainly was an epic if I ever saw one. I liked this okay except for two things, with the biggest flaw being its sheer length. It didn't need to be this long! That, and some one-off actor in brownface. But other than those two things, I thought this was decent, though not the best movie ever. Do love the sweeping vistas and cinematography though.

Ordinary People - 8.5/10. I had to watch this in high school once, and back then I wasn't too fond of it. Rewatching it now, I understand it a lot more, and I actually really like it!

Watched the Wuxia movie "Yīngxióng" (Hero) with the star studded cast of Jet Li as "Nameless" (blatantly Jing Ke), Chen Daoming as Qin Shi Huang (interestingly Jackie Chan was offered the role but turned it down), Donnie Yen as Long Sky, Tony Leung as Broken Sword, Maggie Cheung as Flying Snow and Zhang Ziyi as Moon.

Something of an atypical film as the bulk of the story is just the Emperor in his chamber talking with his servant about how the latter bested the assassins who tried to kill the Emperor in the past - with the typical bold usage of colours as per director Zhang Yimou's signature style with each set of flashbacks being dominated by a different colour such as Red (Deceit), Blue (Romantic) and White (Truth). Definitely feels like the director might have been inspired by Rashomon given the premise. As a Wuxia flick, there is a lot of beautiful fight choreography and naturally some impressive wirework, I particularly liked the fight scene between Jet Li and Leung where the pair are clashing swords over an eerily still lake (filmed in Jiuzhaigou national park) and when they are both in danger of falling into the water, they thrust their swords onto the water's surface with enough force that it rebounds and pushes them both back into the air to continue fighting. Lastly, the movie brings up some interesting ideas with the characters each trying to argue their case of whether the ends justifies the means and if revenge can ever be meaningful.

Overall a very good movie and I would rate it two whole katanas...if you don't get the joke, in their infinite wisdom, the Americans thought it would be an improvement to edit the poster to have the two leads holding Japanese katanas instead of their Jian swords.

The Gold Diggers of 1933 - 7.5/10. Actually pretty good, surprisingly enough. All the songs were catchy and fun, and while the narrative was kind of weak and some of the drama a little dumb, even the company that made this and other movies after this were pretty upfront about it. Plus, with it being black-and-white, I could barely tell the characters apart. But I still like it well enough.

Sing a Bit of Harmony - 8/10. Now this was a banger! Not gonna lie, I actually like this more than Belle. Sorry, Hosoda-san! It could get really cheesy at times, but the movie made up for it by having endearing characters, a killer Disney musical-style soundtrack (With all the songs dubbed in the English version!), a surprisingly low key sci-fi plot that didn't rely too much on technobabble, and a surprisingly heartwarming twist at the end. I can't wait for this to come out on Blu-Ray so I can own it and rewatch it!

Blossoms In The Dust - 5/10. I actually saw a part of this on TV once when I was a kid, and it stuck in my memory for years. It was only this year that I finally found out what this movie was called and watched the whole thing. My verdict? Meh. It's very heavy on the saccharine sweetness, sappiness, and cheesy melodrama, along with several egregious cases of very jarring mood whiplash. So it's a bit too treacly and sugary sweet for my liking, but it's alright for what it is.

Turning Red - 9.5/10. Hot damn. I think I found my favorite Pixar movie of all time now. I wasn't into going to concerts as a kid, but man, this movie really captures what it means to be a nerdy, cringey teen girl in all the best ways. From the anime crushes to doing silly stuff with your friends, and the rest of the story is great, too! Also, the floofy red pandas are great. Disney, you really need to let people make more stuff like this.

Unfriended Dark Web

It's a comedic masterpiece. Legit one of the funniest movies of all times.
Collin Woodell's performance is the highlight. He's brilliant with facial expressions. You can pause the movie at almost any moment he's in and he's gonna make a hillarious facial expression.

Watch this movie and spread the word
1648320309759.png

1648320319451.png

1648320337386.png

1648320589475.png

1648320434813.png

Encanto 9/10
Honestly, after my growing disillusionment with Disney... this movie made me feel like they somehow still have some good left in them.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: 9/10
A great time and very enjoyable movie. It's definitely a lot more confident and comfortable in doing more overtly Sonic stuff, like the Death Egg Robot and literally just adapting Labyrinth Zone for the temple the Master Emerald is kept in. I also particularly enjoyed its interpretation of Knuckles. A very refreshing take on the character. However, once again I am let down by the lack of Sonic music in the movie. You have failed me twice now Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Musical Team, I pray that you do not fail me a third time. Seriously with the direction set up for Sonic 3 I'd better hear Johnny Gioeli singing his god damned heart out for the climax of the next film. Though, I suppose we're probably getting the Knuckles series first, so like, I dunno, use his percussion line from Sonic 3 somewhere, or make the opening theme Unknown From M.E. or something. Come on people, it's not that hard.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: 9/10
A great time and very enjoyable movie. It's definitely a lot more confident and comfortable in doing more overtly Sonic stuff, like the Death Egg Robot and literally just adapting Labyrinth Zone for the temple the Master Emerald is kept in. I also particularly enjoyed its interpretation of Knuckles. A very refreshing take on the character. However, once again I am let down by the lack of Sonic music in the movie. You have failed me twice now Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Musical Team, I pray that you do not fail me a third time. Seriously with the direction set up for Sonic 3 I'd better hear Johnny Gioeli singing his god damned heart out for the climax of the next film. Though, I suppose we're probably getting the Knuckles series first, so like, I dunno, use his percussion line from Sonic 3 somewhere, or make the opening theme Unknown From M.E. or something. Come on people, it's not that hard.
Welp, there goes the reasons I was gonna watch the movie...

Back
Top Bottom