• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Inception-9/10
This Was Quite Possibly The Most Confusing Movie I Ever Saw.
Once You Understand It Though, It's Really Good

The Other Guys, 9/10.

Hilarious, but also delivered great action scenes. I even liked it better than the Expendables.

The Expendables
9.5/10

It was one hell of an action movie, I must say. Kept my attention :3

The Expendables.... 9001/10

"This movie was pretty much all about BSU... 'Blowing Sh** Up." ~My dad

Amazing, and the ensemble cast worked well with each other. :)

I watched A History of Violence on TV. I think it was Friday.

The movie itself is pretty straightforward, delivering through the main character (viggo Mortensen) rather than plot. Perhaps the plot could be more worked out and complex. But the true complexity is hidden in the character's personality, and its theme is somewhat along the lines of "survival of the fittest". For me, one of the focuses I like is Tom Stall's family's struggle to understand the truth about him and living as normally as possible at the same time. Some of the shooting scenes were in my opinion a bit too unnecessary because of the direct approach used.

Bottom line is, the movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as the critics said back then. Overall, I give it a 7/10.

Sailor Moon R: The movie
-------------------------
Watching it with the subtitles, I found it to be very telling about the character Tuxedo Mask. Granted that not all of his reasons for why he does the stuff he does in the series are explained, but it is just enough to feel a little bit more sorry for him. The Sailor senshi of course take the main spot-light and kick arse like usual (it is their movie after all) but it is Tuxedo Masks back-story that sets things into motion. Plus, this is the debut of the "Moon revenge". or at least, I think it is.
Overall I give it 4/4 Zebra Cakes.

Stomp the Yard: Homecoming. It was actually better than its prequel and the dancing was done better. The music was great. 9/10

Well, the last i saw was "Being John Malkovich". I could finally see it and i give it a 8.5/10.

The Matrix Reloaded: 7/10

Despite being the start of the decline of the series, and ending on a BS cliffhanger, this movie had an interesting plot and some of the best fight scenes in cinema history.

Inglorious Basterds. It kinda dragged, but it was a good movie overall. I give it an 8/10. I also loved the Bear Jew! He was totally epic!

The Italian Job. Awesome is all I can use to describe it. 9/10

Tron is next...

"Life is Beautiful."
My main problem with the film, is sometime the comedic scenes feel out of place, and shouldn't be there, but it's still a fantastic film.
It's rather sad the way he lies to his son, telling him the concentration camp is all game.

The Fourth Kind:
My dad got it from a friend at work who thought it was super scary and he thought I might like it. I thought the "real" footage was better than the fake footage, but overall it was meh. The story could have been interesting, but without any decent characters it fell flat for me (Plus I really don't care for Milla Jovovich aka the Mary-Sue in the live-action Resident Evil films.) The only thing that interested me was the owl, and that's because it reminded me of Twin Peaks, so it gets 1/10 owls.

Back
Top Bottom