• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

@Lone_Garurumon I don't mind at all. It all just seemed really lazy to me. The story felt really disjointed and all of the humor fell flat for me. Particularly all of Harley's jokes. With all the characters introduced they couldn't spend the whole movie introducing them but way to much time was spent on Floyd and Harley. The action sequences were also just too cheesy for me. Also I know it was a Suicide Squad movie but with all the advertising they did for the Joker I would have thought he'd been in it more then a handful of minutes. Basically it just didn't feel like Suicide Squad to me, more a Deadshot and Harley movie.
I guess that's fair. Deadshot and Harley did kinda hog the spotlight. I also got that disjointed story vibe from the beginning but felt like they pulled it together one they actually got into Midway. It was a little weird that Puddin only got a few minutes though, I've gotta agree there. Maybe it would've worked better if it was more like Avengers, pretty much everybody got their own movie beforehand so you already knew who everyone was.

Little Boy (2016) - 3.5/10
A movie about a boy that tries to be a better person so his father comes back from the war. The movie provides a nice discussion about faith, but the main character is an insufferable selfish child and all he does is for himself. And there's the implication that he...ugh.

Courageous (2011) - 5/10
A Christian movie about a group of policemen who have to learn how to be better fathers. It was made with some love and his message could resonate with some people. But the script is really sloppy, some subplots don't get the time they deserve, and the way some messages were handled felt like going to a church.

The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) - 4.5/10
A movie about a stockbroker that makes a lot of money using inmoral methods. The first hour is a decent "descent into darkness" story, but the other two hours is just the same structure of "Jordan is normal->Jordan gets crazy->False climax->Jordan is normal" a thousand times. I would have prefered to see the victims or some other characters getting development. I learned more about drugs than about economy watching this movie. It's a bit enjoyable through and the acting is nice.

Lady Snowblood (1976) - 9/10
Very artistic film with great narrative. I'll give the visual effects a pass (probably great at that time) but I can't help but chuckle every time I see a torso being sliced. It's so 70s lol

Nintendo Quest (2015) - 5/10
It was entertaining enough to make me finish the whole film. But it's just one of those documentaries that tries too hard to be "deep" when it's not.

Just got back from seeing "Sausage Party". Holy cow, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Yes, I finally saw that. I didn't really have interest in it, but people kept saying YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS so I did.)

5/10. Wasn't as good as everyone says it is, which I expected as I'm not exactly a huge Star Wars fan. But was entertaining, and Han Solo combined with Finn provided some solid laughs. Otherwise though, a fairly standard modern movie. Nothing really stood out.

Kubo and the Two Strings
10/10
I've been hyped about this movie for the last 6 months now, and it sure didn't dissapoint. In fact I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
First of all, the animation was brilliantly done, and the scenery was beautiful. I loved the character design as well.
Secondly, I thought it had a really good storyline with a nice meaning behind it. Some bits got pretty sad though, and I felt myself starting to tear up on a few occasions.
Thirdly, I thought the voice acting was good as well, and the soundtrack.

It's kinda sad seeing that not many people are going to watch this movie. Seriously, the movie has only been out for about a week in my cinema and there were only about 6 other people with us when I saw it with my family last night.
So go and see it guys, I highly recommend it!

Watership Down, haven't watched it in probably..something over five years. Brings back good memories of not being able to sleep after I first watched it. It's just one of those stories I naturally gravitate to, 9/10

Dude, Where's My Dog? - 6/10. A kinda generic movie with kids being alone, pets, getting into trouble. Nothing really special.

I can't remember the LAST movie I watched, but if my memory serves me, the title goes to Zootopia. Great story and amazing animation. 9.6/10.

I haven't really watched any movies lately, but I believe the last one was The Legend of Tarzan... If you could call what I was doing "watching it".
1/10

I had no real interest in watching it, but went with my mother anyway... Big mistake. It did absolutely nothing to keep me interested, and just bored me to bits. I ended up just sitting there thinking of other random stuff. I remember a few bits, but beyond that the movie hasn't persisted in my memory at all. I won't watch it again, that's for sure.

Train to Busan (7/10)
A horror film from South Korea, and it was very intense (well worth it's MA15+ rating here in Australia) with people being turned into zombies while on a train to Busan (a zombie apocalypse on a train if you will). But the ending was a bit rushed, with the end coming when a woman and a girl came out of a tunnel (after getting off a train after the girl's father became infected and jumped off the train) and then the credits. Did they make it to Busan? Who knows. It was the rushed ending that lowered the mark I gave the film.

I've been watching Super Mario Bros: The Movie, (like 10-20 mins each day) and so far, I actually like it. Especially props for making Mario, Luigi, and Peach-equivalent more human and not the flanderised characters like they have been in the post-GC games. (I'll choose any other Nintendo character over that wimpy dago and that stupid bitch in those main games any day.) Given how Bowser is also generic-evil in the games, I appreciate the effort in him having a slightly sympathetic exposition - of wanting to escape from the dump that is Dinohattan. It's a shame that other characters couldn't be translated as well onto the live screen. (Yoshi! NOOOO! What did the film producers do to you!?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom