• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Your Name. - 5/10

Apparently Makoto Shinkai is not for me, though I will say this is easily the best of the three films I've seen from him.

I enjoyed the wacky body swap shenanigans in the first act, and the extreme tonal shift ~45 minutes in was a bold move, but then the film gets so wrapped up in plotting details I just stopped caring. And maybe I'm just cold and unfeeling but the love story didn't get to me and I found the thick melodrama (it gets VERY sappy) in the second half at odds with the quieter approach of the first half. I also don't like how it raised this postwar parallel and never actually addressed it or did anything interesting with it – why bother?

Overall, I found it to be nothing more than a decent blockbuster, not the profound meditation on human existence I was expecting. Maybe if I adjust my expectations for a second watch I'd get something more out of it. And I'm always glad to see non-Disney/Pixar animation click with audiences no matter what.

The Exorcist (1973) - 9.2/10

This move gave me enough chiller for a night because the amount of graphical scenes and shocking sequences. Criticisms from me is, the pacing was too slow in order to build up momentums towards eerie happenings, but I have to say, it is the most f*cked up props they ever used to freak me out and I applauded them upon it.

Office Christmas Party - 3/10
It's pretty much what you'd expect. You watch it on a lazy afternoon, laugh like three times, and forget the whole thing within hours. Best/worst title for a studio comedy since Hot Tub Time Machine?

The Prince of Egypt - 9/10

I don't have a religion, but I think it told a biblical epic with fantastic animation. I loved the visuals, the music, the acting, etc... Why Dreamworks did not continue working on serious movies like these when they have a lot of potential... *sigh*

Return of the Jedi (remastered): 8/10
Definitely worse than both A New Hope, and The Empire Strikes Back, but still an over all good movie that shows the evolution of both the main protagonist, Luke, and the main antagonist, Darth Vader.
The whole "Ewok" thing was kinda hokey, but it is still amusing to see "an entire legion" of Palaptine's best soldiers defeated by a primitive tribe of Teddy Bears. Seriously, though, is Stormtrooper armor good for anything?

Yu-Gi-Oh: Bonds Beyond Time
5/10
It was ok, nothing amazing, but not terrible. It's weird since I'm not a fan of 6 episode duels in the anime, but I don't think they gave the duel at the end enough time. We saw some fun plays, but none of the protags got enough time to properly do their thing. Paradox's plan also doesn't make much sense when you think about it. I couldn't resist shouting a certain Dragonball meme when Stardust Dragon's attack points hit 10000 though.

It also now occurs to me just how few movies I watch. 'cuz this was like, a month ago.

Seriously, though, is Stormtrooper armor good for anything?
Of course it is! It's a good disguise to sneak onto a Death Star in.

Wonder Woman 7/10
Cg was cringy but not enough to ruin the movie. Liked everyone's performance except for Gal Gadot's. Other then a few other nitpicky things (Like no one getting dirty throughout the whole movie) not a bad movie. Definitely the only current DC film out worth watching a second time.

Despicable M3
7.5/10
Much better than Minions was, although I feel like it got bogged down with too many plots. What with the main Gru and Dru plot, the Minions quitting, Lucy's "good mom" plot (which really didn't get anywhere), and Agnes' unicorn plot, I feel like there was too much going on.
All in all though it was a good movie, and at least worked better than Minions.

A Goofy Movie
11/10
Oh. My. God. I forgot how great this movie was. Seriously, I haven't had a movie give me feels like this for a long time. Both Goofy and Max are done super well and the emotional plot actually really got to me. Plus the songs man! Arrgh they're so good!
Mulan! You have been deposed! A Goofy Movie is now my favourite Disney movie of all time! A'hyuck.

Last edited:
Transformers5
2/10

Classic Michael Bay film is classic. It is everything a Michael Bay film is supposed to be.

Pros:
The cars were pretty, the car chase scene was cool, and there were so many explosions.

Cons:
BxxORf5CYAAcK7B.jpg

Transformers5
2/10

Classic Michael Bay film is classic. It is everything a Michael Bay film is supposed to be.

Pros:
The cars were pretty, the car chase scene was cool, and there were so many explosions.

Cons:
BxxORf5CYAAcK7B.jpg
So, the only reason I was remotely intending to watch it for the potential to see Primus (my brother also says Unicron's in it). Please save me the potential disappointment (even though I'd mainly be going to see how horribly they screw them up) and just tell me: Are Primus and/or Unicron in the movie?

So, the only reason I was remotely intending to watch it for the potential to see Primus (my brother also says Unicron's in it). Please save me the potential disappointment (even though I'd mainly be going to see how horribly they screw them up) and just tell me: Are Primus and/or Unicron in the movie?
Nothing too spoilery, but I put it under tags just in case
Well... Unicron is technically in the movie, but probably not in the way you'd expect.

I am not entirely sure about Primus (a lot of things happened in the movie) but the main plot does have to do with the creator of the Cybertronians.

An Extremely Goofy Movie
8/10
A pretty good sequel all things considered. People say the X-Games plot is kinda out of nowhere, but it makes sense to me based on what we know about the kids. It does kinda gloss over some rather large points (I mean PJ's girlfriend doesn't even get a name, not even in the credits), but I still liked the movie.

Nothing too spoilery, but I put it under tags just in case
Well... Unicron is technically in the movie, but probably not in the way you'd expect.

I am not entirely sure about Primus (a lot of things happened in the movie) but the main plot does have to do with the creator of the Cybertronians.
Well, I'd expect him to be going around eating planets, and being pretty much concentrated evil, anything else kinda just isn't the same.

Well, Primus did make the Cybertronians (his vehicle mode is Cybertron itself), so it should be him, otherwise they're going even further from source material.

Back
Top Bottom