• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Black Beauty (1994) - 8.5/10. I thought I had seen this in my childhood, but it turns out I didn't. But it's still a very good movie and I'm very glad I saw it.

Pokemon: I Choose You! - 8/10 Definitely one of the better Pokemon movies in recent years, and I absolutely love that it actually took some massive risks and went against the grain. It could have been better in some places, but I'd definitely rewatch this over and over again.

Terminator (1984) - 6/10. I thought it was a bit boring, actually. Sure, when he's a metal frame chasing her through the factory it gets pretty 'aaagghhghghghhg' but besides that... blah.
But he's a homey, so thumbs up, man. Yeah, we're got you

Ready Player One 6/10
Did I have fun watching the movie? Yes. Was it a good movie? No. Lots of plot holes, poor representation, and a pretty ridiculous "romance".

Full Metal Alchemist (Live Action) 5/10
It was an experience that's for sure.

Fantastic Four 7.5/10
Pleasantly surprised I still enjoyed this. It was corny in the right kind of way.

Fantastic Four (2015) 3/10
WOW

Coraline 10/10
It scared me sleepless for three days straight when I saw it as a 9 year old, and I've come to love it after rewatching it in later years. Sadly, it parallels many aspects of my family life, but things be that way sometimes.

Captain America The Winter Solider 7.5/10
Very entertaining and had some great funny bits. Didn't really care for Black Widow in it. Out of all 3 Cap movies I think this one comes in #3 for me.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D

3/10

It's not as bad as The Beginning, but that's not saying much. Also, unlike The Beginning, I didn't see this in theaters.

Two of my biggest problems with the horror genre in modern times are these things:
1. They rely too much on jumpscares. I HATE that.
2. The violent scenes are disgusting. They're not scary. They just make me want to squirm uncomfortably, pause for a moment, and brace myself for more grossout scenes.

They should just let the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise die. The Beginning is where it should have ended. This was just unnecessary. The same thing with the Saw movies.

A Silent Voice - 8/10. Really good. A way better bullying PSA than most I've seen, and the English dub is amazing. I seriously hate Naoka for not only her adamant refusal of admitting to her own part in everything, but relentlessly blaming Shouko for EVERYTHING, even going as far as to claim it's Shouko's fault that she's being bullied because she thinks Shouko is deliberately using her disability to fish for pity and play some sort of tragic heroine, and she even has the NERVE to claim Shouko is being selfish!! Seriously, I cheered when Shouko's mother slapped her and got into a catfight with her. Easily the best part of the movie for me.

Last edited:
District 9 7/10
It was a little over hyped to me. I enjoyed it but the documentary like parts just weren't that interesting to watch.

Ready Player One-7/10

It's too family-friendly and condescending at times, and the characters are as developed as you've probably heard, there is something missing in their interactions. However, it's very creative and fun, it has a good message and has great pacing. And you'll find yourself cheering for the characters and invested in the story. If you go with the right expectations you'll be glad you watched it.

Murder on the Orient Express (2o17) - 6.5/10.

It wasn't very good, and the order of events threw me off since I had just read the book. You don't get to explore the characters, either, which is what made the novel interesting. The interactions were so limited, and so the noteworthy cast didn't really matter - you didn't couldn't see anything of them past Poirot's moustache. But Judi Dench was good casting. She made a great Princess Dragomiroff.
Some themes of the movie did provoke some emotionality in me. Unexpectedly, in the oddest of places. It gave me some inspiration and narrative running through my mind, and I enjoyed myself so yeah. I'm thankful. It's not a waste of time to watch or anything, but if your enjoyment depends on quality then... you may not have the best time. But as I'm an Old-Fashioned-Things addict, I liked it.

And Daisy Ridley? If I could rate the movie on her alone, I'd give it a 10/10 but hey, I'm biased. And Michelle Pfeiffer's song in the credits was great. (I had no idea it was her and I'm deeply ashamed but whatever)

Avengers Infinity War 10/10
It was absolutely spectacular. There wasn't a single part of the movie I didn't enjoy and there really weren't any slow parts. It also perfected the art of cliffhangers. It also gave us the memes that are spoilers without context.

Spiderman Homecoming - 7.5/10

As someone who usually isn't a massive fan of superhero movies (I find them boring most of the time), I actually didn't mind this one. Had some really cool scenes in it, and I loved the awesome wings that the Vulture (?) had.
Also Tom Holland is definitely my favourite Spiderman so far.

Last edited:
Planet of the Apes (1968) 8/10

Awesome, but I'm tempted to knock off a few points for killing the black guy off and having him stuffed and then put in a museum. The other guy just got some faulty head surgery, for crying out loud! Such discrepancies, lmao.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 8/10

Most of the reason I liked the movie was because of the subject matter and how it’s handled. Police not giving themselves the same rules as they give everyone else, “us-vs.-them” mentality on both sides, that sort of thing. Frances McDormand is a treasure, as usual, San Rockwell gives a very strong performance as a jerkass racist cop, and the events of the plot never go against the point of the film.

I didn’t like it as much as the friends I saw it with, though, for a few reasons. I get that this is a 2017 “Oscar bait” kind of movie and it uses dark humor to try to separate itself from the rest, but I didn’t think it worked all the time. Sometimes characters acted in ways that were almost cartoonish, for the sake of one joke, and then returned to normal. Another thing is I felt the movie was weirdly brutish for no good reason. Characters throw fits and break stuff when you think they’ve had enough time to cool off, one of the more sympathetic characters in the movie damns god in every sentence he speaks to his two little girls, why? Most of the ugliness in the movie is necessary, but some of it seemed tacked on to up the edge factor.

Anyway, I think this is gonna be looked back on fondly when it comes to movies of this decade, it’s a distinctly 2010s kind of movie.

Black Panther (2018) - 7.9/10

I enjoyed it. I felt that everyone had a good and fair representation, and that a very powerful message was the undercurrent.
Especially when Michael B. Jordan's character said how his ancestors jumped off the boats because they knew that death was better than bondage.
That statement fell with presence on my shoulders, you know? And I found his character to be very awesome. I know that comparisons are odious, but he was very reminiscent of Kylo Ren and all other souls like him - someone who got let down by the world, by those who should have saved him, and his guiding light was to fix it or tear it all down. But when your heart is full of hate, it can only ever be the latter. I found him relatable not because I know of hardship or hatred (not the crippling variety), but because I know that if I had been in the same situation... it'd be the Dark Side time.

The female representation was epic. Womanly, yet not over-sexualized - a good balance. Their fighting sequences were awesome and Lupita Nyong'o was mindbogglingly beautiful. Actually, the movie as a whole made me want to learn how to fight properly. Also, thumbs up for handling Africa respectfully. It's sort of hard to explain... but basically, cool. Cool movie.

One of my few qualms was that the dialogue wasn't exceptionally original. Some statements were good, but others were a bit obvious and lacklustre. The deliveries managed to negate the worst of it, though, so yes. Brilliant. Hurrah. Chadwick Boseman is one awesome dude.

And I'm just going to come out here and say it... I'm aghast that there were many, and still are, who can't see the beauty of those with dark-skin. I regard these blind souls with the deepest pity, because I can't imagine anything worse than looking on a fellow brother or sister with contempt or aversion solely based on the differences between us. So yay for 2018 - close the gap, people!

Back
Top Bottom