• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Rate the Last Movie you Watched

lordfridge

Welcome Home, Good Hunter
Reaction score
What We Do In The Shadows. I'm not usually one for movies, but I loved it. A mockumentary based around socially inept vampires? Sign me up.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
I Am Somebody's Child: The Regina Louise Story - 7.5/10

I have this weird, morbid thing for stories about children who were abused and facing adversity for some reason. Always did, even as a kid. Wanted to watch this for a while, and it did meet my expectations, so I liked it. I did feel the abusive foster families were glossed over, though, and some characters were just there to be mean, nothing else.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
To Kill a Mockingbird - 9/10. Yeah, I will admit, this movie is pretty good. The acting is superb, the music is very atmospheric, and THANK GOD the movie cut out Alexandra and reduced Ms Dubose to a cameo. I hated those two in the book. My dad says its his favorite movie ever, and I can see why it's so revered. This one deserves its popularity.

Mirai - 7/10. Not one of Hosoda's best IMHO, but still pretty good in my book. I actually didn't hate Kun and his constant tantrums as much as I thought I would, and this is coming from someone who tends to hate kids, especially kids like Kun. I guess part of it is because I knew what I was getting into. Some parts of the initial premise do ring a little false to me, but it does have a lot of heart, so I'll give it that. Still prefer Summer Wars, though.

Sixteen Candles - 2/10. Ugh. Absolutely terrible. Worse than Breakfast Club. It's little more than a bunch of sexually depraved people who get off on being complete jerks to each other and treating girls like objects to be won. The Asian character is an offensive stereotype, the characters are all bland and despicable, the premise is poorly executed, and I just wanted the whole thing to end. This movie has NOT aged well, and I don't think nostalgia can save it, either. Don't watch this. It's absolutely not worth it.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Avengers Endgame (2019) - 7.5/10
Overall, a very satisfying finale to the famous franchise, with good action, epic moments and well-developed character arcs that go from beginning to end while all that action is happening. However, it's not without its flaws, as it has many plot holes and contrivances. I would've liked to look deeply into the effects on the snap, and the second act drags a little too long and complicates things a lot. Also, it's less thematic focused than Infinity War.

Justice League vs Teen Titans (2016) -7/10
The plot is a bit too complicated to be handled in what was apparently these Titans' first adventure, so character development is a bit rushed and I'm not sure if Damian learned his lesson about teamwork. However, the characters are fun and have great interactions between them, and the league superheroes have good roles too. It's worth watching for a fun adventure.

Loev (2015) - 6/10
The movie is very slow, specially at the beginning and many scenes don't have much of a purpose, with some characters behaving differently in many scenes. But it's a nice reflection on what a toxic relationship actually is and how you should not use people as an escape.

Kyriaki

Steven Stone For Life
Reaction score
Aladdin (2019)

8/10

Spoilers about the movie
They expanded upon the animation Aladdin story so there's a lot more information that ties scenes together. Jasmine gets her own solo - which is GOOD. I liked Will Smith as the Genie, and I liked that addition about the Genie turning into a human when set free.

I hadn't seen any spoilers or trailers about Jafar so I was really looking forward to see how he was going to appear, and personally... he felt out of place. I did like his mystic persona and his back story about him being a thief before becoming the sultan's adviser (providing a reason for him recognizing Aladdin's potential). However, I guess it must have been me expecting someone much older like animation Jafar (and broadway Jafar - but I think broadway Jafar was animation Jafar's voice actor anyway...) and since the movie mentions that Jafar has been the sultan's adviser for many years, Jafar should have been older. And there was no 'Prince Ali Reprise' where the animation Jafar sang as he revealed 'Prince' Ali's disguise. I did like how he used his magic to make Iago a monstor parrot.

Last edited:

WilliG

Reaction score
Searching (2018) 8/10
Great mystery, thriller which most computer geeks with a few years under their belts will appreciate.
;)

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Reaction score
Mowgli: legend of the Jungle.
7.8 out of 10.

This Netflix exclusive interpretation of the Jungle Book was easily the closest ever adaptation to the source material, which I'm pretty sure was their intent. The motion capture technology didn't really work though.

Tactician Karina

lazy crest enthusiast
Reaction score
Shadow on the Wall (1950) - 8/10

As an older black and white movie I, obviously, loved it. I've actually seen it once before when I was younger but didn't remember too much of it, so I finally got the chance to watch it again when it was on TCM today.

It's about a young girl, Susan, who witnesses the murder of her stepmother, Celia, at the hands of her [stepmother's] sister Dell, but her father, David, is falsely accused of murdering her and put on death row. A psychiatrist, Caroline, helps Susan try and remember the events of the murder after Susan, in her shock, develops amnesia from the event. We start to see Dell getting paranoid, not wanting to be caught for the crime she committed, so she starts to take her clothes she wore on the night of the murder and throw them into a river (inside a bag with an iron to help it sink). She also tries to kill Susan by putting poison in her chocolate milk at the hospital but that fails. She admits her guilt though at the end, when Susan recognizes her shadow on the side of the house (the same shadow she first saw in her bed during the murder), because of this David is now free and reunited with his daughter.

The reason for Dell murdering her sister? Celia was having an affair with her own sister's fiancé. David knew of this too not long after he came back home from the war, by seeing Celia in the same car as Dell's soon to be husband and both of them kissing. Personally I definitely recommend this movie for anyone into older films and psychological thrillers, it's also based on the 1943 book Death in the Doll's House for those interested.

Kyriaki

Steven Stone For Life
Reaction score
Captain America - The First Avenger
8/10

Iron Man 1
6/10

Big Hero 6
10/10

Nicolas721

Reaction score
X-Men, Dark Phoenix - 5/10
Well, it feels like an X-men movie, as the characters behave how you would expect them to after what happened in Apocalypse, and some even go through some very welcomed changes and it has nice pacing. However, it's more bleak than the other films, there are almost zero moments of fun, and the ending doesn't make it clear what they wanted to do with Jean and is a bit rushed.

Murder Mystery - 7/10
The beginning is rather weak, as the main characters aren't exactly appealing and it's rather boring. But once the mystery begins, everything flows in a great way, with a cool climax, and at the end everything makes sense. It feels like watching a stage play.

WilliG

Reaction score
Brightburn 8/10
Kept me interested all the way through, however with the way it ended It seemed like there should be some kind of ending that's missing.