• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Ivysaur

SoFloFoSho
Reaction score
Approved by GrnMarvl13.

Thread title says it all. Simply review and give a rating to the last movie you've seen. Remember, this isn't limited to whatever is airing at the cinema.

Well, have at it!

hmm... well I'd like to share my opinions of a few movies.

The most recent movie I've seen was Dinner for Schmucks. I'd rate it 7/10. It was very funny to say the least. If you like comedies, go see it!

Before that I saw Inception. EASY 10/10!! Hands down the best movie I've ever seen in the theater. (My favorites are still the Star Wars movies though)

Jaws 4(1987), utterly terrible in nearly every way. I know absolutely no money went into the script, actors, or mechanical shark. And apparently other people think so. It was nominated one of the worst movies of all time.

Jaws 4(1987), utterly terrible in nearly every way. I know absolutely no money went into the script, actors, or mechanical shark. And apparently other people think so. It was nominated one of the worst movies of all time.

A disgrace to the original.

Saw Dinner for Shmucks...8.5/10 FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked the Expendables. Went in expecting a graphic action movie, and it delivered with a decent plot even. 7/10 Mainly cause it took a bit for me to get into the movie, and the glaring "Breaking the laws of Physics" parts >_>;

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Best movie ever/10.

All I have to say is WOW. See this movie. Even if you hate Michael Cera (which this is my first Cera movie I've ever watched, so I don't really have an opinion on him), the supporting cast really shines, particularly Mark Webber and Kieran Culkin.

The fight scenes in this manage to beautifully weave comedy and intense action, with an amazing score generally playing in the back by Nigel Godrich. In particular, the scenes vs. Lucas Lee and the Katayanagi Twins are quite epicly scored/a visual treat.

Also, the not-score soundtrack is absolutely amazing as well. Beck, Broken Social Scene, and Metric contributing, as well as the other assorted music.

Overall, this is quite honestly, the best movie out right now, my current favorite movie of all time, and worth your money. Plus, it's currently not making a lot of money. That's an absolute travesty.

(Note, all things in my opinion, but I also wasn't that huge an Inception fan either.)

I saw Super Hero Movie not at my own will, and I expected it to be stupid, but no. It was mad funny!
10/10

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Best movie ever/10.

All I have to say is WOW. See this movie. Even if you hate Michael Cera (which this is my first Cera movie I've ever watched, so I don't really have an opinion on him), the supporting cast really shines, particularly Mark Webber and Kieran Culkin.

The fight scenes in this manage to beautifully weave comedy and intense action, with an amazing score generally playing in the back by Nigel Godrich. In particular, the scenes vs. Lucas Lee and the Katayanagi Twins are quite epicly scored/a visual treat.

Also, the not-score soundtrack is absolutely amazing as well. Beck, Broken Social Scene, and Metric contributing, as well as the other assorted music.

Overall, this is quite honestly, the best movie out right now, my current favorite movie of all time, and worth your money. Plus, it's currently not making a lot of money. That's an absolute travesty.

(Note, all things in my opinion, but I also wasn't that huge an Inception fan either.)

I so want to see it, I've read all the books and everything..I think I'm seeing it over the weekend.

Anyway, on to business:
The last movie I watched was Kill Bill vol. 2. Of course it was fantastic, and in the typical Tarantino style. Intense violence all the way through in Quentin Tarantino's take on Samurai and Kung Fu films.

The movie isn't a sequel to vol. 1, as much as it's a completion. It finishes the story of The Bride and her quest to kill Bill.

Though the movie could be watched by itself, I would recommend watching the first one before. This movie gives a lot of background information to the events that happened in the first film such as how the California Mountain Snake lost her eye, and the training The Bride received from Pai Mei in China.

The Bride is reunited with her daughter, and does end up killing Bill, using an ancient technique only known by herself and Pai Mei. I must say, I loved how the film came together at the end, leaving nothing open, but giving the closure it needed. I also hear that Tarantino is working on a third chapter in the series, and if you have seen the current two flicks, you should know what it will be about.

The fight scenes are perfectly executed, Tarantino's signature dialogue is ever-present, and the characters are some of the most memorable of any film I've seen. I HIGHLY reccommend watching both of these movies, though I did enjoy the second one better. Note: I really only enjoyed the second one better because of the first one though.

Overall 9.5/10. Not Tarantino's best work, but still an incredible film that you shouldn't miss. By the way, the phrase "not his best work" does apply here, but the film is nothing short of incredible. If you enjoy insane violence and gore, Kung Fu, or QT, see this movie.

NOTE: I have to put the Kill Bill movies just behind Inglorious Basterds and Pulp Fiction as far as QT Films go. Pulp Fiction being his best.

Lost Highway: Generally a good mind frag. I give it 4 tasty Zebra Cakes.

Well, having seen some of the action movie genre and getting mixed feelings, I was sure The Expendables would suck. But I watched it the other night, not too bad. The action was good, it had some humor, and overall, wasn't trying to be anything but what it was intended to be. I give it 8.25/10.

The Squid and the Whale.
It was good, but I had problems with the resolution.

**Ending Spoilers**
I thought the movie was rather good, but I had a few problems with the resolution of the film. The resolution to the older brother was fantastic, but the one for the little brother bothered me. Through out the film he is wiping his semen on books and lockers, and passes out from eating the tequila worm, but when the Principal tells them, the parents never do anything. They never address it again in the last 15 minutes, it just ends.
I was also bothered by why it took so long for a gym full of people to learn the older brother did not write 'Hey You' by Pink Floyd.

I... guess the last one I saw is Inception, which was a 10/10 easily... although that would mean I haven't watched a movie in several weeks. That's unusual. I guess what little free time I have nowadays is spent gaming.

The last movie I saw was Salt. It was pretty confusing for me to tell which side Salt was on, but the action made up for it. I'll rate it 4.5/5 stars.

The last one I saw was The Karate Kid, with a 9/10.

They focused too much on things they didn't need to. And they ended it a little badly. ....

Does it have to be theater/

SImpsons Movie

10/10

It kept me laughing a lot and I loved the spider pig/Harry Plopper

Back
Top Bottom