• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

How To Train Your Dragon

10+/10

This movie was so amazing. Words fail to decribe it.

As You Like It (2006)

7/10

Based on the Shakespeare play of the same name, people unfamiliar with the play may have to do a lot of pausing and pondering here. I wasn't sure about the setting change at first (seriously, the beginning almost looked like a parody at first, with the ninjas and all) but as it went on it grew on me. I disagree with a few of the scene interpretations and the continuous camera turns got irritating at times. Acting was pretty good though, especially the actress' performance of Rosalind. And I think the overall fun spirit of the play is kept intact. Also, the epilogue was pretty clever.

Last edited:
Summer Wars

10/10

It was the first time I had seen it and I watched it on a Blu-Ray Disc. I liked the popular culture references of everyone was using DSs near the end of the film, Wabisuke had an iPhone and I saw that one of the account symbols was the triforce from the Legend of Zelda.

The Room.

I am a fan of bad movies so I had to see this one. And damn it was the worst freaking movie I have ever seen in my whole life! The acting was just horrible and the plot was even worse. Everything single thing about this movie sucked. And that is why I found it to be so good. It was just amazing to see this bad of a film that takes it's self seriously and just fail at every single thing. I was nearly in tears from laughing when it ended. Tommy Wiseau is ether the greatest troll ever or the worst film maker/writer/actor ever! This film just shows what will happen if you give that creepy man on the subway 6 million dollers and a camara.

I will rate this film 10/10 for truely being the greatest fail to film making ever!

La Casa Muda

9/10

Handheld cam horror movie from South America I hope will be Oscar nominated.

And Your Mother Too!

10/10

Mexican erotic comedy

The Prestige - 9/10

Huge twists pretty much all the way through. Fails to get full marks due to me always getting annoyed, being all like "OH I SO GET IT!" and then "WHAT. WHERE DID THAT COME FROM." a few minutes later. Still one of my all-time favourite movies.

The Lion King

It's been so long since I've seen it before I got it on Blu-Ray, and it's just as amazing as it was before.

10/10

Charlotte's Web 9/10
Home on the Range 8/10
The Powerpuff Girls Movie 9/10
Shadow of the Vampire 10/10

Jane Eyre (2011) - 8/10

I've been waiting to see this for a while because I love the book. And this was a wonderfully successful adaptation. I was worried they would amplify the drama to the point of cheesiness and/or whore out all the costumes and scenery so that it takes over the story, but they didn't, and yet it was such a pretty movie. Mia Wasikowska's performance as Jane is just perfect.

Three things I didn't like, though.

1. The beginning somersaulted like crazy. There was no room to breathe. I don't think anyone who hasn't read the book could have easily kept up with the pace there.

2. Climax was oddly rushed.

3. Lack of an epilogue. I guess it's just a personal preference rather than "something wrong". But I really wish they included one, as the epilogue is one of the most heartwarming parts of the book and the credits appearing was rather sudden.

Also, this movie has some awesome music.

Last edited:
The Room 10/10
BEST COMEDY EVER!
...what? it's supposed to be a dark romantic drama?! xD
in that case 0/10

The Life of Brian - I give it a 7/10. I can't believe I hadn't seen it already. Not as funny as I thought it would be, but it still had its moments, and it was a lot better than The Meaning Of Life. Favourite parts were the overeager people at a stoning, the man who broke his long vow of silence and of course, the ending song.

Last edited:
Burn After Reading.

This gets a 8/10 for sheer "what the fuck am I watching" value.

Last edited:
Black Swan:
7/10

Ive been waiting to watch this movie after hearing about how good it was and all the awards it got, but I was dissapointed. It wasnt as good as they say. It wasnt a happy movie and wasnt supposed to be and for me it just seemed odd, a movie about a ballet dancer that goes crazy.

Back
Top Bottom