• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Detective Conan Movie 13 - The Raven Chaser

keyword - Versus The Black Organization

Rating - 8.5/10

This was a great movie in terms of action. The mystery solving was just among the average usual, nothing too thrilling or unexpected. The fun part was the last ten to twenty minutes where Conan climbs the Tokyo Tower (...right?) while escaping all the bullet shots from snipers on a helicopter.

Yeah, the action was great and all, but just how that kid survived is a mystery itself.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - 8/10.
Funny, silly, had some sad moments. Good mix of stuff in general.

In Time - 8.1/10

Thought it was good, though I think the ending should have been different.

Undocumented - 2/10

This movie was absolute shit. It tried to have to have a Blair Witch project theme to it, but in the end the movie just seemed like propaganda about illegal immigrants.

Last edited:
In Time - 8.1/10

Thought it was good, though I think the ending should have been different.
I recently saw this movie too since in my sprite comics I call myself the Spellblade of Time. Kinda sucks that the ending cuts you off right before a potentially actiony scene, like you sorta mentioned. (I don't want to spoil too much.)
What I was going to dock this movie's score on, however, was the WTF feeling I had somewhat early in the movie when the main character escaped via a hostage. Then again, less than an hour later, the WTF feeling had subsided...

I ended up doing a short comic about my experience at the theater, although I don't think I spoiled anything, even in the description.

Anyways. I'll give In Time an 8.5 out of 10.

Sin City.

Deserved some Oscars - 8/10

Everyone's Hero

One note up for being an animated baseball movie - 8/10

Breaking Dawn

5/10

Yeah...wasn't expecting too much, but I watched it anyway because I had free tickets specifically for that film. At least it had nice sets and costumes.

12 Angry Men (1957)

10/10

What a great adaptation.

The Muppets (..good lord I feel like a dork for admitting that)

9/10

Corny as the Muppets should be with a great script and abundant with clever humor. Was real surprised how good the writing was actually. Loads of good fourth wall jokes in there. Pretty warm hearted too. And it seriously says something when you can get me emotional over damn sock puppets. Christ.

Arthur Christmas

I REALLY enjoyed this seasonal offering from Aardman...which is remarkable really, given that anyone who knows me knows that I pretty much universally loathe Christmas films. This is a decidedly more sentimental Aardman than we saw in, say, Curse of the Were-Rabbit, but its take on the Santa mythos is pretty inventive, the voice cast is very strong, and there were quite a number of moments which made me laugh out loud. My only real nitpick was that some of the actions of the Grand-Santa character didn't always sit well with me - namely, how much of a jerk he is to Byronny (he nearly gets her killed twice), which I didn't feel he properly atoned for. Other than that though, this movie's great.

8/10

Last edited:
the chronicles of mothman
5/10

i fell asleep about halfway through
but from what i saw it was like... the acting level of the room with a better set and lighting xD

Poltergeist II: The Other Side
8/10

Dated but worth a watch

Paranormal Activity 3

8/10

Worth the wait

Recently watched Hanna

Not really a great movie cause there wasn't an actual story to it. I kept waiting for some huge twist like... Hanna is really Cate Blanchett's character's daughter or she's gonna go back to that family and be adopted by them but the movie never really goes anywhere, doesn't really have a purpose and at the end, I'm left wondering what the point of the movie was.

5/10

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. I give it 8/10. I had seen it before, but it was on telly last night and I couldn't resist watching it again. After seeing the awful 15th season, it was great to the past South Park again. Favourite parts typically involve Cartman; the song about Kyle's mom, and the DBZ style smackdown near the end.

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

The full episodes of Cowboy Bebop I'd been watching on YouTube got pulled from the site, so I decided to sit down and watch a playlist that divided the movie into 11 parts to cure my case of Bebop withdrawl (it didn't include the awesome opening with the hostage crisis in the shop, but I'd already seen that scene elswhere, so that was okay).

I'm really glad I did that. This movie is truly amazing.

9/10

Princess Mononoke

Epic anime.

10/10

Free Willy 2

Not so bad of a sequel.

8/10

Osama

Golden Globes worth drama from Afghanistan.

10/10

Toy Story 3

Too much hype, but another Pixar masterpiece.

9/10

And Now For Something Completely Different

Not exactly a substitute for watching these same Monty Python sketches in their original television incarnations (the sketches are, more-or-less, faithfully recreated, but a number of them run a lot shorter here - "Self-Defence Against Fresh Fruit", for example, cuts off at the point where the original sketch had just gotten going), but still hilarious.

8/10

Recently watched Last Night with Kiera Knightley, Sam Worthington, Guillaume Canet and Eva Mendes.

The critics weren't that good for it but I really loved the movie which deals with physical versus emotional infidelity. The movie starts with a fight between a young married couple played by Knightley and Worthington over whether or not the husband is attracted to a female co-worker (Mendes). The movie then spans mostly through the following night where Worthington and Mendes' characters go on a business trip while Knightley's character meets an old flame (Canet) with whom she's still very much in love. The scenes between Canet and Knightley are incredibly emotional and at times amusing, at times heartwrenching, but the scenes between Mendes and Worthington never really sell the physical attraction.

8/10

Film 1:
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows 9/10.

Loved this movie, it was a big blast of pulpy fun!

Blast from the past film:
Top Secret: 7/10

Big dumb fun with loads of visual pranks. Probably unheard of to most of the young'ins here. :)

Back
Top Bottom