• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

^I couldn't sleep for a day after watching that movie.

Wreck it Ralph 10/10

This is one movie that I really really enjoyed. The animation was masterful to say the least and I liked the way they made the video game characters come to life, kind of like Toy Story which is a big plus for me. Ralph and Vanellope are likable characters that make it hard for the movie to get boring and the backstory that it presents on the characters and how their world works is very interesting and original. So if you're looking for a movie with great plot, great characters and moments of heartwarming and sadness that'll make you shed a couple of tears here and there then this is the movie for you. Also you don't need to know anything about video games to watch it either.

Megamind
9/10

Props to the filmmakers for completely throwing my expectations out the window. A nice parody of the superhero genre with an interesting message. I may or may not have teared up once or three times.

Jurassic Park 9/10

A classic movie and a groundshaker in terms of visual effects. It's in its 20th year and the studio is re-releasing it on big screen, in 3-D. It made me want to go into paleontology back in the day.

The life of Pi
Really good! Had me tearing up on a couple occasions, visual eye candy with a very cute story. I love castaway stories and big kitties lol and this was perfect.
8/10
Also,
A little belated but... Mama 7.5/10, better than the average horror movie imo, sloppy ending but pretty solid throughout. Go see this one in a loud theater for a better effect.

CZ12 (or Chinese Zodiac, whatever you want to call it) 6.5/10

Shame this is supposedly Jackie Chan's last action movie. Really going to miss his signature fighting style. Though compared to his previous movies, this isn't nearly as enjoyable since the plot progression was really bumpy/amateurishly written. It lacked a bit in the humor department too (as in verbal humor. Physical humor is a given since it's, well, Jackie Chan xD)

Though, you know what the best part of the movie for me was? Jackie Chan going around the world in search of 12 MacGuffins based on the Chinese Zodiac. Now where have we seen that before... Seriously, I loved JCA when I was little and whether it was intentional or not, I'd like to think JC was also paying a homage to the series with the film. xD

Last edited:
GI Joe: Retaliation

8 out of 10

For something that was retrofitted with 3D, this actually looked pretty darned good. The story wasn't the absolute best but it did hook you and Dwayne Johnson is just perfect as Roadblock. Bruce Willis does a great job of stealing scenes as Joe Colton, the "original" GI Joe. There are some problems, such as:

-Why is GI Joe now US-centric rather than multi-national as it was in the original film?
-Where are Scarlet and Ripcord?
-No one noticed until just recently that the President wasn't exactly acting like himself?
-Channing Tatum is an actor? Really?

But other than that, this is a solid action film and I recommend seeing it. Especially in 3D.

007 Skyfall - 9/10

It was a really good, action-packed movie the acting was great, and had the cheesy joke or two. Had a very sad ending, but overall, it was one of the best movies of 2012.
@Satoshi-kun;

007 Skyfall - 9/10

It was a really good, action-packed movie the acting was great, and had the cheesy joke or two. Had a very sad ending, but overall, it was one of the best movies of 2012.
@Satoshi-kun;

Glad you enjoyed it! And, actually, I don't think that I've seen any movies since Skyfall either.

I'd have to give it an 8/10 myself. Good movie, lots of action, lots of James Bond goodness, and lightyears better than the last current Bond film that I saw, Die Another Day (I saw Die Another Day in the theater when it came out, was so excited about it, and was so disappointed with it that it kinda turned me off to watching any new Bond films until Skyfall).

I do agree that it did have a sad ending, but hopefully it will be for the best in future Bond films.

It doesn't hold a candle to some of the classic films, but it's not a stinker. That's what counts!!!

Evil Dead (2013) - 7.5/10
It was a good movie with good actors, but as it stuck so close to the original, it should've tried to be more over-the-top like the original.

The Call - 7/10
Much better than what I expected. Halle Berry's still got it, and I'm still a sucker for crime drama.

The Hunger Games. I'd give it a 9/10. They did a good job adapting the book (which of course is much better) and they changed a little trivial things, but it's ok. The casting was great. Come on, Jennifer Lawrence RULES. Another acting I just have to stress was Isabelle Fuhrman's portrayal of Clove. Her mentally unstable demeanor made her become an even more interesting character than she already was. Alexander Ludwig's (Cato) acting right before he was killed wasn't too great, but he did ok in the rest of the movie. The soundtrack was excellent, especially Panem's main theme: The Horn of Plenty. Breathtaking. It made me interested in the series and now that I've read all three books I declare myself a huge fan.

Jurassic park 1993 (3-D)

7/10
I love dinosaurs, and it was really cool, with all the dinosaurs popping out of the screen with the 3-D glasses on. I would have liked it if more dinosaurs were introduced (or have the triceratops have more screen time). Overrall I liked it (well, I'd like almost anything that includes dinosaurs)

007 Skyfall - 9/10

@Satoshi-kun;

Glad you enjoyed it! And, actually, I don't think that I've seen any movies since Skyfall either.

I'd have to give it an 8/10 myself. Good movie, lots of action, lots of James Bond goodness, and lightyears better than the last current Bond film that I saw, Die Another Day (I saw Die Another Day in the theater when it came out, was so excited about it, and was so disappointed with it that it kinda turned me off to watching any new Bond films until Skyfall).

I do agree that it did have a sad ending, but hopefully it will be for the best in future Bond films.

It doesn't hold a candle to some of the classic films, but it's not a stinker. That's what counts!!!

It was soooooo sad at the end!!! Especially when
M was shot. I nearly cried.

Lion King

Enjoyable, if childish. I'm not a fan of musicals, even if the animation is pristine and colourful. The voice acting was well done, the animation is flawless. The colours jump out from the television. The plot was ok, nothing remarkable, it's a coming of age film.

6.5/10

Looper 10/10
Yeah I liked it that much. It was not at all what I expected and was a bit confusing at some point but boy was it worth watching.
Can't avoid plot holes in a time travel flick so I'll forgive those. It's clever, original, imaginative, so I give it a ten!

The Place Beyond the Pines

Ambitious and absorbing, if somewhat uneven and overlong. I imagine that some may be alienated by the film's unusual take on the three act structure (which switches perspective from character to character, in one instance quite abruptly), but the performances are strong enough to keep your attention and the film's pay-off is, overall, rewarding.

8/10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom