• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 9/10

I really liked it. Best of the three post Avengers movies imo.

Manhattan Murder Mystery

Hilarous Woody Allen crime comedy.

Seeing this neutrotic man solve a crime,

8/10

The Quiet Ones

Says the opposite.

Based on a true ghost story.

7/10

Friday the 13th, a very new version, I think it was from about 2009, but I don't quite remember :) It was a 10/10, especially for the creative deathscenes :p Choice of actors were nice and they played their roles well, especially the Jason character :)

Belka i Strelka

Deserved an Oscar nom for animation.

9/10

Cabin Fever 3: Patient Zero

Some silly fun with great makeup.

7/10

Ghostbusters 2

A classic from my childhood. Love the actors and even though i've seen it countless times, really enjoyed it. When I was a kid I was terrified of the painting, still gives me the creeps. RIP Harold Ramis

9/10

The Kids Are Alright

While the basic story as okay, I had so many other problems with the movie that I was really annoyed with it by the end.

6/10.

Delivery Man 7/10

It's alright really, but the plot was too absurd for me to wrap my head around. It gave me a good laugh here and there though.

The Wind Rises

I saw this film in the very last showing of my Arts Picture House and the cinema was still packed with people from all walks of life. A wall in the foyer was also home to a collage of Miyazaki movie images, which really is a testament to both the film and Miyazaki to be honest.

Is it the best Studio Ghibli film? I wouldn't say so. However, it is the most intelligent and serves as the perfect send off for Hayao Miyazaki. It was thought-provoking, poignant and powerful. It was also brutally honest about Japan - it was a perfect fit for Miyazaki. It did have its flaws, such as Naoko not receiving as much attention as I think she should have and I felt that it did drag at times, but on the whole, it was a remarkable movie and easily one of the most powerful I have seen in a very long time.

Now, I have to see Frozen just to see how the hell it beat this film for the Oscar.

9/10

Godzilla- 9/10

Great, great reboot to the King of the Monsters, and it definitely makes up for that atrocious 1998 Roland Emmerich flick with the same name.

X-Men: Days of Future Past- 9.5/10

Retcons the atrocious X-3, and cleared up the X-Men movie continuity entirely= win movie

The Hulk (2003):

5/10

I get it, I get it; this is a comic book film but it shouldn't really look like one. The Hulk himself looks good, even if the green is a tad too bright and cartoonish but he does have a soul, even if he is only CGI. The love story between Bruce and Betty felt a bit forced and there was a lot of animal cruelty in this--Hulk beats to death a group of superpowered dogs, reducing them to pulp as they yelp in pain--that I found unnecessary and utterly repulsive. The sequel was a lot better and I'd definitely recommend it over this.

42:

9/10

Even if you're not a fan of baseball, I urge you to watch this film. This showcases an important moment in American history; namely when the color barrier was broken in Major League Baseball. It's both beautiful and frustrating, poignant and painful to see the treatment that Jackie Robinson was forced to endure from other teams and even other fans. It's hard to watch and certainly not for the easily offended but in the end, it's a powerful film that shouldn't be missed.

Unaware - 7/10

Scared the piss out of me. A couple goes on a weekend trip to the bloke's grandparent's ranch, but they're not home. They stay there anyway for whatever reason and eventually find something in the barn.

It's a found footage film which is always good. Nothing really happens at all until the last half hour but okay I've learned my lesson and this film is the reason I'm never watching a scary movie by myself ever again.

Final Destination 5

Good roundup of these movies.

7/10

Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever

More gore and sex but so silly too.

7/10

Godzilla: 9/10
A worthy reboot to the king of monsters. I squeed like a nerd when Godzilla fired his atomic breath. Though I kinda wish Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe had bigger roles and had more monster brawling.

Taken: 8/10
Liam Neeson killing his way through sex traffickers is great for the catharsis factor. Though the movie was too short imo and Liam Neeson was the only person in the movie who could get shit done unlike that useless rich guy and the even more useless bureaucrat guy. I also wish there was a scene at the end of the movie where we go back to the building where Neeson left the guy he was electrocuting that shows him still being shocked after all this time and lighting up like a Christmas tree. I know that would be mean but hey they're sex traffickers so they had it coming.

Cloverfield

Brings back some nostalgia of 2007 with the Slusho virals and the two people in the room

10/10

I've started my annual tradition of marathoning the Disney animated canon, so I thought, hey, why not post my ratings here? Starting of course with...

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
7/10

Not bad for a first film, but it hasn't aged completely well. Some scenes with the dwarfs go on longer than they need to and Snow White is a pretty bland character. But the animation is great, the evil queen is menacing, and the dwarfs are pretty funny. Still a good movie overall.

Back
Top Bottom