• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Four Christmases

Not particularly funny but it does the job of making you feel festive I guess. Not a big fan of the actors, felt like it would have been a much more enjoyable movie with a more likeable cast but it wasn't terrible either.

5/10

Guardian of the Galaxy

8/10

Just the right amount of funny scenes, not too much Dark theme and drama. But still dramatic and make me cry on the right scene.

Overall, a really good movie, recomended to watch it with family.

The Master

Starring Joaquin Phoenix as the primary lead and Philip Seymour Hoffman as the secondary. Post WWII solider is a drunk walking through life. One fateful night he lands himself on a ship commandeered by the charismatic leader of a new spiritual movement he dubs The Cause. The film explores the relationship between the two, the effecst of the cult and spirtual thinking.

The two actors are fantastic, this film pulls the best of their acting ability, the two are completely believable as their characters and it's gripping to see both of them give their career best.

However, I wasn't hugely interested in the cult aspect, the main characters were phenomenal, whilst I felt the story wasn't the best that director Paul Thomas Anderson has told. Anderson is a fantastic director, but I felt this film was a little weak. Certainly recommended if you want to see two actors give the performance of their life, but the story really didn't hold me.

7/10

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014, Directed by Jonathan Liebesman and Produced by Michael Bay. I'd say other then Will Arnet trying his Best, this Movie was HORRIFICALLY BAD!!! Had NO Enjoyment whatsoever, D+

Night at the Museum 3. First off I'll just say this, children will probably like it and find it funny. There was one character in particular who even gave me a nice chuckle every once in a while.

But for the adults, it's pretty lame. Corny jokes and attempts at humor around a pretty weak and rushed plot imo. Maybe 6/10 at best.

Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas:

Oh, Lord perserve us. This was horrible on so many levels. Where do I begin?

Let's start with the acting. It made Star War's prequel trilogy's love plot look deep and realistic. The "antagonist", who really has a point, is just shafted off to the side as "wrong". Furthermore, the apparent "symbolism" really stretches far, far too deep.

On a lesser note, there is the ending, specifically, the 10 freaking minute dance sequence. It was cringe worthy. Also, the constant commentary by Kirk, especially during the apparently "dramatic" sequences, was obnoxious.

Overall, this film deserves the 0% rating it has on Rotten Tomatoes.

0/10

Frozen:

So, I finally had a chance to watch “Frozen” and I’m admittedly very mixed, with these questions and thoughts hanging over my head:

1) What was the point of Anna having her memories altered to make her forget about how Elsa accidentally hurt her if it wasn’t brought up at all? I was at least expecting Elsa to finally reveal it, only to be told by Anna that she doesn’t care. Anna never found out that the reason for Elsa's cold shoulder (oh, I said it!) was to protect her, which could have been a huge bridge to them patching up their relationship.
2) In addition to that, she was made to forget about the existence of magic but didn’t even flinch when made aware of the existence of Elsa’s magic, Olaf or the trolls?
3) What was the point of Olaf? Seriously. He wasn’t really that funny, he didn’t add much to the story at all. I felt like he was just there so Disney could make snowman merchandise. Considering Olaf’s appearance earlier in the movie, I saw potential for him to be used to remind Elsa of her childhood innocence that helps bring her and Anna back together, but nah, let’s have a yellow snow joke instead - that’ll do.
4) Why was Hans, the prince of a foreign territory, placed in charge of Arendelle instead of the advisors who would have looked after the country’s affairs before Elsa and Anna were considered “of age”?
5) How would Hans’ plan have even worked in the first place? He never married Anna, so surely he would have had no claim to the throne at all?
6) Everyone in the movie had serious issues that were never really addressed. Anna was so naive that she would agree to marry a guy she had only just met and I was never made to feel that Anna wisened up or that Elsa managed to overcome the fear over her powers (the whole “love solves everything” miracle ending was extremely lazy), Kristoff is still a weirdo who talks to a reindeer and Olaf still never had a reason for existing.
7) The whole “love solves everything” deal. Look Anna, you turning into ice and being brought back by love was cute and all, but Ash Ketchum turned to stone and was brought back by the tears of Pokémon 16 years ago.
8) Considering the whole Hans thing, I found the romance between Anna and Kristoff at the end to be really odd. Sure, Kristoff actually went out of his way to save her and had no ulterior motives, but who’s Anna going to fall in love with tomorrow? Olaf?! I bet there’s fanart of that somewhere on the internet.
8) Again, what was the point in Olaf?

The animation was pretty good (even when watching in standard definition - even if Elsa’s face did bug me for some reason) and the songs were pretty nice (I’m admittedly not a huge musical fan, so of course I wasn’t going to be raving about them). The “Let It Go” sequence in particular was particularly neat. I felt that the story needed a lot of work though. Ultimately though, I don’t feel that the film was Oscar worthy, especially considering the competition it faced - “The Wind Rises” for example, was so much better. Shame the majority of people voting for that category hadn’t even seen any of the films - never mind only watching “Frozen”.

Also, to make the film 10x more interesting - listen to the songs with the mindset of them being about dicks. “Conceal, don’t feel” is the best advice you could give a teenage boy.

4/10

(P.S. how cool would it have been if Elsa had went full psycho? I’d pay to see that in the sequel).

Also, the first one to say “Let It Go” is getting shanked with a rusty hatchet.

Last edited:
Eight Crazy Nights

Crazy Adam Sandler cartoon.

8/10

Deliver Us From Evil 2014

Best horror movie this year.

9/10

The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies

7/10

Confusing. This isn't trilogi, this is one movie seperated on 3 episodes. I watched both of first and second movie but still confuse for split seconds. Iirc the second have pretty opening that remind me to the story before. Miss it on 3rd movie.

But the battle and graffic are awesome.

I guess it will be awesome to watch the 3 movies on a run...

Toy Story 3

I'm hyped for the 4th.

10/10

Skyline

Messy alien invasion movie.

7/10

The Darkest Hour

As if Michael Bay made a 80 minute low budget thriller.

7/10

Robocop (the old one)
8/10: It tells you just what you need to know and hurries over to the awesome stuff, none of the over complicated family and politics crap that took up most of the remake. And it being rated R for copious amounts of blood makes it better.

I received my Blu-ray/DVDs of Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service a week ago. I've been telling my brother to watch Princess Mononoke for a while now, but the word "princess" in the title kind of deterred him from watching it. I finally got him to watch it with me and he actually enjoyed it!

Princess Mononoke is my favorite Studio Ghibli film and one of my most favorite films of all time.

You will probably become attached to many characters in this movie, just as I did. Prince Ashitaka is the definition of a hero; he's brave, noble, solemn, and sympathetic. His sense of justice is prominent and he's willing to help those who have polluted minds, even trying to make peace between two sides. His companion Yakul is loyal and watchful of Ashitaka, even refusing to leave him! San is the daughter of the wolf goddess Moro and also the titular character. She's strong and agile and bears an intense hatred towards Lady Eboshi of Irontown, whose orders were to destroy the forest.

The animation and forest settings are so beautiful. Every time I watch this movie, I feel like I'm actually there, enjoying the relaxing atmosphere and watching the little Kodama. Seeing the forest in Princess Mononoke even makes we want to explore an actual Japanese forest! xD

I can't ever talk about a Studio Ghibli movie without mentioning the music. The music of Princess Mononoke was composed by Joe Hisaishi and it's really engaging. Some of my favorite pieces are "Tatarigami" and "The Legend of Ashitaka". I often have many pieces from the soundtrack stuck in my head from time to time; it really shows how memorable the music is!

Princess Mononoke deserves a 10/10!

Back
Top Bottom