• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

[video=youtube;mTarJ0Op7W8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTarJ0Op7W8[/video]

Outer Space (1999)
Fantastic experimentation in using the media as a delivery for a very short out of this world horror. Film corruption and noise coupled with scenes taken from a forgotten horror turn what could have been a messy and pointless exercise in avant-garde film making, into a truly wonderful and singular attempt at pushing the boundaries of film and cinema.

10/10

Macgruber 8/10

It was a stupid and ridiculous movie but very funny. The ending just killed me.

American Sniper 9/10 (made me cry my fucking eyes out)
The Terminator 10/10 (who doesn't love a bit of Arnie?)
Aliens 10/10 (get away from her you bitch!)
Bowfinger 9/10 (it's a shame it's a cult thing, I have nobody to talk to about it)

I had a movie night the other night, that's why so many are here

Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water 9.5/10.

Overall it was pretty entertaining. I loved pretty much every minute and was surprisingly pleased with the CGI scenes. I'm taking off half a point only because there were a few scenes that, while funny, seemed totally random.

First Plankton's little adventure in Spongebob's brain just seemed really out of place and unnecessary. The time machine scenes were also a bit weird to me; Bubble's introduction in particular, but also Patrick bringing back the "Squidasaurus. Lastly, the Rap Battle between Bubbles and the Seagulls seemed awkward since Spongebob is typically geared towards young kids while the Epic Rap Battles aren't therefore they probably wound't have gotten the reference.

But like I said, it was a pretty good film overall and I'm so glad I finally got to see it.

Agent F.O.X. - 10/10!! (trailer)

It's fun, has it's great moments,hilarious moments, suspenseful moments, it's just plain hilarious!! It's animated movie - no surprise, one of the main reasons I love the film is that one of the main characters is a... Fox. I love animated/cartoon movies! First time I saw the film, I knew it would be an instant favorite of mine.

I recently watched these 3 movies earlier today with a friend :).

The Flintstones and WWE: Stone Age SmackDown! (2015)
Scooby-Doo! Moon Monster Madness (2015)
Penguins of Madagascar (2014)

I just watched the second Austin Powers movie for the first time (I watched the first one a couple of years ago, so it's not exactly fresh in my mind).

On the whole, I enjoyed it. Something I wasn't expecting was that a lot of the jokes fell REALLY flat, which I don't remember happening much in the first movie. These scenes were pretty boring, because there's not much else to the movie other than its humour. That being said, the 'foreground/background object/sillhouette' gags never get old, Fat Bastard is great, and the 'Johnson' joke is an absolute classic.

I'd probably give it a 6.5/10.

Gone Girl - 7.5/10

Cinematography and themes were amazing, and I'll admit it was intriguing to watch. But why would she do all of that to her husband...

X Files: Fight the Future

This film really is a big budget two-hour long episode, and really needs to be seen after season 5, as season 6 continues directly after it, the film is not for non-fans, you;re really are going to have to watch, at least, the alien conspiracy episodes from the first 5 seasons, and thankfully I really enjoy those.

Some good light humour, some much needed light-swearing that the TV series lacks, and some really fantastic special effects for the alien as well as the UFO interior. Really solid additon to the X Files franchise, but really falls flat if you're aren't already familiar - do not start here.

8/10

The Equalizer with Denzel Washington, JUST FINISHED it 2 Minutes Ago, Give it a 9/10 A- VERY GOOD Action Film, Denzel is VERY BELIEVABLE as an Action Star, the Direction was Good, Liked the Script. Probably my ONLY Complaint is the Pacing, it's a BIT of a Slow Burner in the first 2 Halves of the Film.

11/10 - Iron Man
@Darth Darkrai; 100% approves and likes

One word to really describe it: Awesome!!
Loved the movie, from beginning to end, full of action. Iron Man weapon-suit looked awesome!
Great selection of music too - AC/DC at the beginning, Black Sabbath near the end credits.
I actually waited almost 2 hours to use the restroom just because I didn't want to miss any minutes.

So far every Marvel movie I seen has been Awesome (still have many more to see)

Edit!! - Apr 8th!!

11/10 - if possible 100/10!!! - Detroit Rock City!!

Love the movie, what else to expect from another Kiss fan.
So many hilarious moments in the film!!
So many Kiss puns and expressions!!
my favorite quote: "Disco's Dead"!!!
most important: All the Kiss Music

Last edited:
The Interview 8/10

Really surprised I liked this at all. For the most part it was pretty funny except for a few of Seth Rogen's jokes. Probably the only thing I truly disliked was how gory the ending got.

Perks of being a Wallflower- I really liked it, very sad and overall a great movie 9.5/10

back to the future. 9/10

i've never seen this movie before but i'm really glad i finally managed to sit down and watch it. though there was a particularly aggravating continuity error at the end that dropped this film from a 10 to a 9 for me, other than that, it was really good!

Back
Top Bottom