• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

22 Jump Street - 8.5/10

Like this a lot more then I thought I would. Best part was all the scenes in the credits.

I am good at finding horrible movies.

Walking With Dinosaurs 3D: 4/10

The animation was great, but the writing was ATROCIOUS. "Did you just take a poop shower?" Without the good animation to back it up, it would've easily been a 1.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 remake
4/10

Not as bad as The Beginning, which was basically this movie with more gore added to artificially make it "scarier," but it had a lot of problems. The main problem, it isn't scary. This movie relies way too much on jump scares, probably because they wouldn't be able to scare anybody with their stupid crap storyline otherwise. I actually saw the unrated versions of this and The Beginning on TV and they still failed to scare me! It's just more mindless violence added to pretend it's a scary movie. Mindless violence doesn't equal scary! Can anyone please tell me when this trend started where disgusting scenes are trying to be passed off as scary? Was it this movie? Saw? The Hills Have Eyes? The Beginning?? Somewhere something went terribly wrong. Maybe I'll just be sticking to horror classics instead...

Get Hard 1/10

This was absolutely terrible. Lots of naked Will Ferrel in the beginning and Kevin Hart is not funny. At all. It also based all of its humor on stereotypes. I had to stop watching about half way through it was so bad.

Mad Max: Fury Road (8.5 out of 10)

You might not believe this, but I am a bit skeptical of models moving into acting (I think I voted for an underwear model to win Worst Actress or Worst Supporting Actress one year in the Golden Raspberry Awards), but they were very good in the film (and in particular Megan Gale). I might watch the original Mad Max films this (or probably) next weekend.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 10/10

If you consider Rise of the Planet of the Apes to be a prequel to how the Planet of the Apes films started, than Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is an actual, legit sequel to how a prequel storyline would go in such a situation. It continues the storyline set up by Rise of the Planet of the Apes's credits scene, in which it basically tells us what happened next after several years had passed by between the previous film and this one. Even though it's a sequel, the storyline is pretty self contained to where you won't need to see too much of the prior film to understand what's going on here (although I still recommend watching it as it establishes how the world has ended up the way it has in this film).

Transformers: Age of Extinction -6/10

It's not as bad as some make it out to be but it definitely could have been better. My overall complaint was that the movie was much longer than it needed to be. The first half of the movie had an okay plot and potential character development but it all fell apart in the second half.

Worth watching only once but not worth buying on Blu-ray or even DVD unless you are a huge Transformers fan.

Ant Man 7.5/10

A good, compact movie. Paul Rudd as a super earnest dude works really well and he doesn't have to do any serious stuff, which is great. Film's built more around the supporting cast, which causes scenes to bounce back and forth between goofy/awkward humor bits with Rudd and then serious/emotional bits with Douglas and others. The climax has some strange pacing and ends a bit deflated but everything leading up to it is good.

Operation Godsend 2: 1.5/10

The original was a bad movie but this was even worse. In fact, I don't see how this has anything to do with the original. It gets basic historic facts completely wrong and has terrible writing, not to mention the acting. Ugh.

I'm going to became an usual comenter of this thread from now on, and my reviews will contain spoilers, so be careful.

Teen Beach 2
A nice Disney movie...THAT CAN BLOW UP YOUR MIND, because the writers put a reset button at the end that retcons this movie and the first! While the first movie had many flaws, its symplistic style was the reason why many people would want to watch it over and over again. But this one tries to expand upon the world and the characters when it wasn't needed, and the reset button leaves a lot of questions unanswered for both "universes". I liked the expanded characterization, but it lacks some charm. As for the music, there are many earworms as usual. 5/10

Ant-Man
A very enjoyable movie. The main trio composed of Scott, Hope and Hank is very engaging and each character has some deepness to it. The story is pretty light-hearted, not totally comical and not totally dramatical. However is has a few flaws: The villain is pretty cliché, and his weapon of turning people into lifeless tissues only shows up once. The same happens to some of Ant-Man's weapons, many of them are Chevkov's guns and nothing else. The Avengers references are rather forced, and those expecting an stand-alone movie will be disappointed. 7.5/10

Saw Ant-Man last night. Now about a Year Ago I had my doubts on this Film because of the WHOLE Edgar Wright Departure Debacle, but fast forward to one year later now and... I FREAKING LOVED this Film!!! :) It was VERY ENJOYABLE, and the Comedy is GOLD!! I thought Paul Rudd was Good here, he did REALLY WELL with the Dramatic Scenes I thought. Evangeline Lilly and Michael Douglas are GREAT. And for Back up... Michael Peña... HOLY CRAP is HE HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!! I think one of my VERY FEW Complaints with this Film is... the Villain... I still DON'T Understand WHY Marvel has PROBLEMS with their Villains!! I thought when Scott Shrank to the Ant Size, it was BEAUTIFUL to watch him shrink. And the Ants... have a different view on them personally. And on a side note, as a Thomas The Tank Engine Fan, I think people will get a HOOT out of that.

There are 2 Scenes, Mid-Credits and a Post Credits Scene, so I'd stay for it. REALLU WORTH IT!!! I REALLY LOVED this Movie, I'm still stuck on my Grade, but it's either an A or an A+ from Me! :)

10/10 - Ant Man

just came back from seeing the movie!
Loved agreed with what @Darth Darkrai; mentioned above and also what @glik; mentioned earlier too
Lots of awesome scenes and lots of hilarious scenes too (one person next me burst out laughing in a few scenes)

10/10 - Inside Out

I could really relate to Riley and the movie was entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom