• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

10/10 - Terminator Genisys

Had to watch it before it went off the cinema
So much better than I had expected
Full of action just like all the other Terminator movies I seen

Had promised @Darth Darkrai; was going to see movie

Pixels: 3/5

It wasn't as bad as the critics claimed. Course, I'm like those people who enjoy a movie that ends up being "Vindicated By History", as TV Tropes would call it, where a movie doesn't get a high enough praise on release, but years later it's beloved.

Ant-Man

8/10

The movie is less serious than other Marvel movie, giving it 'fresh and light' feeling compared to other Marvel movies but just on right amount to not make it too cliche or comical.

Finally a movie that I can enjoy with my 10 years old brother without him keep asking me about complicacy of the story.

Jurassic Park

Great characters and soundtrack, with such an adventurous and fresh feel to the story.

4.5/5

True Lies

It's Ahnold doing his best James Bond. Pretty funny but takes a while to get to the action though it doesn't disappoint when it gets there.

7/10

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, the 1994 version directed by Kenneth Branagh.

It was really good! To be honest it was kind of a random find, I was flicking the channels at 11pm and there it was. The original book is one of my favourites, and the film didn't disappoint at all. The acting was brilliant (Robert De Niro played Frankenstein's monster and Kenneth Branagh played Frankenstein, so...) and it was just... really good. I don't know, I just enjoyed it.

9/10!

4/10 - Final Destination 4

At least the accidents seem realistic and gruesome, most of the movie was boring.

Back to the Future

Very fun with memorable characters and moments. Definitely something to look out for on TV or at a DVD store when you go classics hunting.

9/10

Astronaut: The Last Push - 8/10

It's not a Star Trek or Star Wars type of sci-fi movie nor does it try to be. It is simply a study of a human being alone while facing extraordinary circumstances, being stranded in space. Some may find this movie slow, but I thought it was beautifully well done and it accomplished this without having: lasers, time warps, aliens, big name actors and other things typically found in science fiction films that takes place in space.

Bee Movie: 3/10

The character models are unappealing to say the least, the plot is one big fat cliché, and all the "jokes" are boring.

The Giver - 2/10

I saw it in a video store and I figured I'd rent it. It was terrible - it has barely anything in common with the book and they turned it into a ripoff of The Hunger Games. (At least it was better than the Percy Jackson movies.) I actually took it back to the store the very day I got it since I thought it was awful.

9/10 - House on Haunted Hill - 1999 remake
trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-HA1Y5m2pY

The_House_On_Haunted_Hill.jpg

Love that horror movie, at times it does make me scare
It's how horror movies should be scare
The deaths and gore aren't as gruesome as some of today's graphics
Some are
why not 10? - like with many movies, it does have it's slight boring 'talking only scenes'
It also featured Marilyn Manson's cover 'Sweet Dreams' sound very awesome and horrifying in the film

Love seeing that movie, wouldn't mind seeing it again
One of the few horror films I rate higher than 8

Last edited:
Dead Poets Society - 7/10

Caught it on television yesterday for the first time, and I can already say that it made it into my top twenty.

From pretty much any aspect it is comes out perfectly rounded. The plot -- though I admit it is a bit clumsy at points -- is provoking, the characters I found to be mostly compelling despite being a tad categorically generic, and the music and setting really drove it home. My only big complaint is that Robin Williams's character didn't receive as much focus as I felt he should have, but maybe that was the intent.

Regardless, a movie I'm almost tempted to watch a second time.

Space Twister

7/10

For a SyFy movie, it was okay. The special effects were nothing special, but it was entertaining. It's obviously not made to win any awards, but hey, I found it better than Sharknado.

This movie, however, had something in it that really bothered me a lot. Spoilers below.

There was a scene in this movie where a woman becomes severely injured and one of the characters tries to transport her to safety. While a lot of the acting in this movie is not Academy Award special, this woman's acting was a little too good. You can tell she was in a lot of pain and she acted out that realism very well. They drag this scene on for a good minute or two only to have her killed from an electrical spark that ignited the vehicle's gasoline and setting it on fire while she was still inside. While I'm not one to be a prude for this kind of stuff, it really does rub me the wrong way when they drag a scene like this for so long only to kill a character off like that, and in a brutal way like depicted in this movie. It's a trend I'm noticing nowadays in these disaster movies and it's not pleasant nor pleasing to see stuff like this. This is something I would expect to see in an R-rated movie or a violent exploitation film, not a made-for-TV popcorn movie. It's gross and unnecessary.

Home - 5/10
Not awful but definitely not one of DreamWorks' best. Felt pretty average in every aspect; it touched on several different themes but didn't bother to explore them in any level of detail.

Lava - 4/10
A short about singing volcanoes. Yeah. It was supposed to be cute but I found it vaguely disturbing. The way the mouths were animated reached uncanny valley territory, and I didn't like the (very tired) implication that a life without romance is a life not worth living. At least it was pretty.

Inside Out - 9/10
So beautiful and heartfelt. I adore this film.

Straight Outta Compton:

This is one of those movies that's pretty easy to know if you're going to like it or not. If you're a fan of rap (especially NWA) and / or are interested in the history of the rap genre, you're going to like this movie. It's well acted and as Ice Cube and Dr. Dre were executive producers (and in fact Ice Cube's son plays Ice), the story is very true to life. With some exceptions (which I'm going to ignore because I do not want to get sucked into that debate).

What the movie does well is really display the anger and hatred that was bred in their hearts due to the injustices they faced every day. And how their music gave them a voice (it shows when multiple of the white characters say something along the lines of 'I know nothing about rap music but I know you guys are special') that would spread far beyond their childhood neighborhoods.

9/10

9/10 - Critters 2: The Main Course
trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJGAuvCNXi0
Critters_two.jpg

One of my most favorite Science Fiction films of all times, I do prefer it over the other 3 films made of them. I first saw it back in 1992 (movie come out in 1988).

Hilarious, lots of great action scenes and some horror scenes as well.
a few graphic scenes

Why not 10? - like with many movies, it does have it's slight areas of 'boring moments'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom