• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

No need to leave another review, third time I seen it at the movies - my review could be one or two pages ago.

11/10 - The Martian
much better than perfect
a must see for all space fans
this time saw it in 3D

Zulu (1964)

During the 60's there was a craze for adventure movies set in exotic locales. A lot of them ended up stored away in dusty archives, but not Zulu.

This is a good old fashioned military/adventure film through and through. The movie is based on the actual Battle of Rorke's Drift fought in South Africa in 1879, and though it deviates from its source material, as any historical film must do, it really does tell the tale splendidly. It also does so with minimal, as in just about no, gore. Something war movies can get a little carried away with.

Though it was a bit difficult to remember all of the characters they introduced, by the movie's end they had been developed and -- though I never actually learned most of their names -- they really felt like dynamic characters. And in a genre featuring a lot of cookie-cutter protagonists and villains, that's a nice plus. In addition to the individual actors, the movie was made well before CGI, so the battle scenes literally featured casts of hundreds. It's little (or big rather) touches like that that give these older movies their distinctions.

Mentioning the lack of effects, one of the biggest detractors of the movie are some of the death scenes. For some reason, the actors make the silliest noise when the get stabbed by bayonets and spears. It almost makes the dying part a little hard to take seriously.

And then the little surprise at the end, it really had me going for a second, something that few movies can genuinely pull off. On that note, if you plan on watching the movie don't read the historical account of it first; it'll completely spoil any suspense. Mentioning suspense, this movie pulled of another difficult task. In most movies, it is very easy to tell which characters will survive to the end. This is one of the few movies where it seemed like they could have killed off just about anyone. Though that may just reflect on the fact that they featured so many characters you knew some of them would die.

It's hard to beat a classic like this though.

four-stars_0.png

Last edited:
11/10 - Thor

Where to start, Thor is my favorite from Marvel, so had to rewatch the movie.
So awesome - so awesome just seeing Thor!
Better than perfect movie.

Jarhead

8/10

Pretty good film. Interesting to see the Gulf War from a veteran's perspective.

Dragon ball z: Resurrection of F
10/10
It was an incredible film. I have nothing bad to say about it.

Revenge of the Nerds (1984)

Sometimes a comedy can be so corny that you don't mind its complete lack of substance. That normally works, unless the movie tries to be both a corny comedy and a deep inspirational film. When that happens you start to see the deficiencies.

Revenge of the Nerds is one of those movies.

The movie centers around a group of misfit intellectuals who attend college and then compete for their place on campus by outwitting the established athletic students. The story in itself is actually pretty good. Once you get past the story, which isn't perfect either, the troubles start to pile on. Aside from the healthy amounts of nudity that an early-80s movie could get away with, the two main characters are the biggest problems. The movie establishes that they are oppressed geniuses, but never really gives them much real personality. The rest of the cast is great though, so that deficiency can be excused.

My only other big qualm is how these two main characters accomplish their goals. In both of their cases it seems like they're going to fail, when a practical ex machina comes out of virtually nowhere and saves the day for them. That is what I am most bothered by in this movie. It makes you wonder just how significant their achievements really were, a question you should never have to ask in a movie like this.

I won't deny that I got several good laughs out of the movie, but in terms of real entertainment I don't plan on ever watching it again.

2-star.png

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010) 7/10. I know it's based on a video game series (which I never played), but I still enjoyed this one. It's one of the few movies that's based on a video game (as opposed to vice versa) that isn't completely terrible.

The Night Before 8.5/10

Pretty solid on the humor and emotional parts. The best part of the movie is definitely Seth Rogen's texting scene. XD

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO LATE on this but I have seen Multiple Films and I HAVE to give a Shout out to them.

Spectre, I find this VERY UNDERAPRECIATED by Critics, I LOVED IT, A+

The Peanuts Movie, EVERY SECOND of it is just AMAZING and Super Adorable to watch, A+

Now Today I saw 2 Films at the same Theater. The 33 and The Hunger Games: MockingJay Part 2. The 33, I think it was good, based off of the Chilean Miners Trapped underground for 2 Months, good drama, B+

MockingJay Part 2, an AMAZING Finale, Biased, yeah maybe but AMAZING A+

Spectre- Dear god where do I begin with this one, the plot was an absolute train wreck and made absolutely no sense from the directional perspective of the previous Daniel Craig bond films, the action scenes were so lifeless and boring, Christoph Waltz's role as the main villain was utterly wasted (If you want a good movie with Waltz, watch Inglorious Basterds). The whole perspective with Bond not wanting to kill or be a secret agent anymore fell flat on so many levels (For pete's sake it's Bond's JOB that he does on a daily basis). Also worst bond girl I have seen to date in the Bond franchise. 1.5-2/10 (Because Christoph Waltz at least tried his best to make the movie less painful)

Peanuts the Movie- It's Peanuts, what more do you want me to say? 7.5/10

Frozen 10/10

Saw it for the first time on TV today, it's actually not bad despite from what I've been hearing about it. Since it's confirmed to get a sequel, I'll definitely be seeing that in theaters.

Knock Knock - 5/10

After watching John Wick I once again became a firm believer in Keanu Reeves. I watched this film hoping it would continue Keanu's pattern of greatness. But damn was I disappointed. What a trash movie. There was almost no point and no message behind it. I feel as though the viewers were supposed to take away some deep message, but it just didn't quite communicate. It was meant as a thriller and it sure does make the viewer anxious, but it did not deliver a thoughtful conclusion.

10/10 - Pokemon: The Power of One

The second Pokemon film, I'm sure by now, just about everyone here has seen it. It's my 3rd favorite Pokemon film, really well made.

Back
Top Bottom