• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Star Wars Ep 3 Revenge of the Sith. 10/10
In preparation for Ep 7. I say this is one of the best Star Wars movies atm.

The Good Dinosaur

8/10

I thought it was a cute movie, but it lacked that Pixar polish that Inside Out had. I think the time it spent in development hell kind of hurt it. There was just something off about it. Personally, I felt it was too basic with nothing really thought provoking. Still, it was heaps better than Cars and Brave; more likable and adorable characters than the former and slightly better plot than the latter. I recommend seeing it just because it's a nice, fun film. =)

Spectre

9.25/10

Sam Smith's caterwauling was godawful at the beginning, and I felt like I needed earplugs for those few minutes. Then again, considering Sam Smith sucks, this is no surprise.

As for the movie itself, it was a good movie with many callbacks to previous Bond movies. I'm not enamored with Daniel Craig's James Bond and personally think that Pierce Brosnan was a better Bond. Part of that is the writing of some of the movies Daniel Craig has been in sucked, which isn't his fault.
Q was a most entertaining character, although I wish they had asked John DeLancie to play Q, but I think I'm the only one that would find that funny.

The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar

8/10.

Stayed relatively true to the rest of The Lion King series, so it had some good nostalgia.
Also... I could never imagine Rob Lowe as Simba's new voice, until now....

2/10 - Cabin Fever

Supposed to be horror movie, don't see the horror.
Kind of in the boring side.

@Kung Fu Ferret; got me curious and had to watch it, loved it.
can't wait for the series.

7/10 - Mars Attacks

A hilarious comedy film about Martians invading earth, the earthlings fighting back.
I always burst out laughing at almost every scene - or as they say LMFAO
The Martians look horrible in the film, giant brains
Trailer:

Just realized that the film was actually released on my birthday - Dec 13, 1996

Cool Cat Saves The Kids - This one's so bad, it's good.

1/10 in terms of quality, 7/10 in terms of enjoyability.

9/10 - Pelle Svanslös

It's funny animated movie, made me laughs a lot
Pelle being treated differently mostly by Måns (and his 2 cats assitanse)
the movie is in Swedish, seen it with English subtitles

Star Wars Film Ratings:
A New Hope: A+
Empire Strikes Back: A+
Return Of The Jedi: A-
Phantom Menace: B-
Attack Of The Clones: D-

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

It had its ups and downs. Some things felt really skipped over, and towards the middle things slowed down tremendously. The dialogue felt a little awkward at points, and I didn't really get the hang of the soundtrack. There were some weird character dynamics, and just some weird characters in general.

The ending was too much of a cliffhanger for a Star Wars film. In the past, every film was almost entirely self-contained, this one cut off without the proper resolution that I would have expected. It's a whole new trilogy though, so it gets some slack on that.

The biggest things of all was the lack of CGI. Maybe I had just gotten used to the way things looked in the Prequels or to the small scope of the settings in the Originals, but seeing actors standing in actual places, along with sweeping landscape shots of said places, just felt a little jarring.

To sum it up in one sentence without giving anything away, it had a very -- emphasis on very -- New Hope-esque vibe to it, but it had some excellent twists to mix things up just enough.

Definitely a movie worth catching, but I wouldn't say it's worth braving the crowds at the theaters just yet.

3.5+stars.jpg

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. Initially, I thought that Disney would ruin Star Wars (I mentioned it in another thread about Star Wars), but in the end, The Force Awakens is up there with the original trilogy as a classic. I would love to see J.J. Abrams to do Episode VIII and Episode IX. I won't tell you who dies in the end. 9/10

F.Y.I. It is so popular that the Gold Class in Sunshine (where I went) was full for all the 2D screenings (including the 20:00 screening). I went to the 13:00 screening in a regular cinema though.

Now You See Me 9.5/10

It's about a small group of magicians who stage live performances while simultaneously robbing someone, an FBI agent who relentlessly chases after them and seems to hate magic tricks, a female agent sent from France to help him, and a man who seeks to debunk the magicians.

Seems like a pretty basic plot until you actually sit down and watch it. There are plenty of "Oh!" and "No way!" moments. The tricks they used were pretty intruiging and quite clever to be honest. Humor is definatetly present as well as a few action scenes. I couldn't help but think of Kaito Kid (and, arguably, Conan himself).

Some parts I liked:
The way they twisted the roles, like Morgan Freeman appearing to be a protagonist only to be an antagonist; the subtle hints they sprinkle throughout the movie, like how they tricked their agent into giving them his password; the quarterback scene (hehehe); and how they revealed the agent was behind everything.

The Good Dinosaur

I absolutely loved this film, and all those 1/10 reviews on Imdb are just really disappointing. I honestly don’t know why people hate on this movie so much. Anyway now for my review on the film.
First of all the animation was stunning, and the scenery was amazing. Some of the best I’ve ever seen in an animated feature, especially the shots of the mountain ranges. The character design wasn’t the best, especially with Arlo’s awkward-looking legs, but I can look past that.
The storyline was pretty good in my opinion, although it may not have been as deep as other Pixar movies like Inside Out or Up, it was still very heartwarming, and at times gut-wrenchingly sad .
I also really enjoyed the darker scenes in this film, which I know was one of the biggest complaints from viewers (and the main reason for those 1/10 reviews, although I still find those reviews really unfair). Unlike other Pixar films which are ‘sugar-coated’ in a way, this one is more ‘in your face’ dark, like little creatures being eaten right in front of you, and a lot death and violence, and whatnot. I know a few kids were a bit scared in the cinema I was in; a few actually left about half way through as well. But like I said, I really liked that this film was on the darker side, as I do enjoy darker films.

The only real complaints I have is the lack of dinosaurs and the lack of screen time some characters got. The only dinosaurs you saw in the whole film were the main and supporting characters. That was it. You’d think that there would be at least some more dinosaurs in the background or something, but instead we get this rather ‘lifeless’ world were the only other living things beside the main characters are a few smaller animals here and there, a human family, and the herd of Longhorns.
And as I mentioned above, some characters got a pretty poor amount of screen time. The Velociraptors (my favourite characters in the whole film) and Forrest Woodbush for example, who got barely 6 minutes each. So disappointing since they had so much potential to be awesome characters. Too much time wasted on Arlo, his Dad and Spot in my opinion. Even the T-Rex’s had a smaller amount of screen time than what I expected.
Complaints aside, this film may be one of my new favorites from Pixar, up their with Inside Out, Up and Brave. I really fantastic job by Pixar in my honest opinion.
Well, I guess that just about wraps up my review.

Score: 9.8/10

Caught a Harry Potter marathon this weekend.

Sorcerer's Stone: 4/5
Chamber of Secrets: 4.5/5
Prisoner of Azkaban: 2/5
Goblet of Fire: 3/5
Order of the Phoenix: 4/5
Half-Blood Prince: 3.5/5
Deathly Hallows, I: 3/5
Deathly Hallows, II: 3.5/5

Back
Top Bottom