• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Just came out from watching Star Wars Episode VII. Overall, it is a pretty cool movie; it kept me interested and played with my emotions at parts. However there are parts that seem to be... there. Fortunately, that didn't do too much to detract from the film. The new protagonists are pretty neat, and some of the classic characters are there too, which was sweet.

I give it a 9/10.

*makes saddened expression - just about everyone seem the new Star Wars movie, I'm behind watching it*

7/10 - "La Casa Muda" (The Silent House)
Horror/Mystery, I would have rated higher except the movie didn't have enough horror in it, the subtitles I can't take off, which is so annoying for me since I already speak Spanish. Movie takes place in Montevideo, Uruguay - in an abandonned home. Movie is in Spanish, a language I already speak so you can tell why I hate the subtitles.

Pretty in Pink (1986) - 10/10

I like Molly Ringwald and "Brat Pack" films in general. One of my favorite 80's movies, and there's a lot, that I really love, the soundtrack is great and the characters are great. Ducky being my absolute fav character, being cute with his crush for Andie. Recommend this movie for those that like teen movies, the 80's, romance, and comedy-drama. Don't care what "critics" say and their ratings, this movie deserves a high score.

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens - 8.5/10

Very enjoyable and very funny, but something felt off to me, to give it a 9 or higher.

When the film started, it felt surreal. Star Wars should always be seen first in a movie theater, if possible.

I didn't think Disney would have the balls to kill off Han Solo (I thought Chewie would die first). So they impressed me with that.

Stalked by My Doctor (2015) - 4/10

Meh, it's a LMN/Lifetime movie and they don't exactly put out the best movies. Only watched it since nothing else was on, thought I'd give it a shot and think it might actually be good. It isn't, of course, if you've seen any LMN/Lifetime movie ever that deals with stalking, then you'll know what happens. Just change the title around a bit (instead of, for example, Stalked at 17 -> this movies title). Guy becomes obsessed with attractive girl, starts stalking her etc. pretty repetitive.

Madagascar (2005). This movie is an instant DreamWorks animated classic. They chose a great cast of comedians to voice the animals (Ben Stiller as Alex the Lion and Chris Rock as Marty the Zebra stood out the most, but I really enjoyed Sacha Baron Cohen as King Julien). The jokes themselves were quite clever, and it's worth at least one watch.

Mean Girls - 7.5/10
After years of praying, this was finally reaired in TV. It's a good film, with many memorable jokes and an enjoyable narrative. However some plot points could have been better planned, and the romantic relationship is very boring to watch.

The Good Dinosaur - 8/10
Excellent animation and worldbuilding, and decent enough characters. However, while being told well, it's still a classical story that doesn't offer as much as the past 2 Pixar movies. When the movie ends you get the feeling that somewthing was missing.

A bit of trivia: This is the first Pixar movie in which the main pair part ways at the end.

The Cider House Rules - 8/10
A 1999 movie about an orphan (Tobey Maguire) that wants to meet the world outside the orphanage. The film has good dramatic moments, and while it drags on the middle, and while it explain clearly while some things happened, it has a decent plot progression and a satisfying conclussion.

Prisoners (2013) - 9/10

The movie starts with the Dover family heading to a family friends house, the Birchs', for Thanksgiving. The two younger daughters Anna and Joy, go back to the Dovers' house to find a whistle that Anna lost. Things take a turn for the worst when the two young girls get kidnapped. Throughout half the movie is about Anna's father, Keller, taking the law into his own hands and find the two girls. It's satisfying to see one of the culprits, Alex Jones, get the shit beat out of him for helping with the kidnapping ( I don't care if he did have the IQ of a ten year old), plotted by his aunt, Holly. Luckily the girls are alive, but just barely in Anna's case since she was drugged the most. The only part I didn't like was when the father gets buried alive towards the end, he lives by using the whistle Anna wanted to find and the detective heard him, and they don't show him reunited with his daughter. Overall a good movie though.

13 Hours - 8.5/10

Michael Bay gets a lot of hate (for lack of a better word), but he did a great job with this one. It's about the six men and the attack from their point of view, the movie doesn't really go into the politics of what happened around the attack. Which is a good thing, because it would have been unnecessary.

Almost all day yesterday, I was binge watching the 5 Scary Movies.
They are comedy movies making fun of horror movies, I'm guessing sort of like saying 'stupid and idiotic mistakes actors make in the movies'.
Even if not everyone likes them, I always have fun watching them and do bring me hours of laughter.
I can rate them in my faovrite's order:

9/10 - Scary Movie 3

9/10 - Scary Movie 4

8/10 - Scary Movie 5

the main reason these two I ranked much lower is for Shortie.
I hate that 'rap music' for me had such a high-pitched voice, can't stand it for long
6.5/10 - Scary Movie 1

6/10 - Scary Movie 2

Attack on Titan live action movie

3/10

The anime is way way better. The movie has too much gore and you can't go anywhere without someone dying every 5 minutes. Granted, the anime is more or less the same, but there's more action involved and more impact in the anime.

Two things stood out to me
1. They changed Levi's name to a Japanese one
2. Levi and Mikasa have a thing going on. Idk who thought up that scene where Levi feeds Mikasa by hugging her from the back... I guess that was intentionally done to provoke Eren, but still.

Moon - 8/10
Low budget sci-fi movie that deserves more love.

It Happened One Night - 8/10
A classic. Witty and fun and popularized a lot of tropes found in romantic comedies today.

Spotlight - 8/10
An investigative drama that remains compelling the whole way through and treats its heavy subject matter with tact and honesty.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - 7/10
I prefer E.T., but this is wonderful too. Though tbh I need to rewatch because I was pretty tired when I saw it.

Clouds of Sils Maria - 5/10
Really disappointed. There's a ton of interesting ideas about art here, but the way it goes about presenting these themes is so repetitive and unsubtle. Plus the pacing is awful; there's about 45 minutes of unnecessary exposition. At least Juliette Binoche gives an A+ performance.

Goosebumps - 6/10
It was a decent movie. Nothing fantastic or good enough that it made me come out of the cinema thinking "OH MY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING!" or anything, but it wasn't terrible either. Just average, but still enjoyable.

The 5th Wave - 4/10
Very predictable, bland storyline, and forgettable characters. I have nothing else to say, other than it was pretty disappointing, as I had high hopes for this movie.

I have slouched for not giving out stuff here lately:
Deadpool HYSTERICAL stuff and glad FOX did make the Film A+
Hail, Casear! Maybe not my Favorite Coen Brothers Film but still good IMO, A-
Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens, just REALLY GOOD!! This Franchise was really brought back from the Dead since the Prequels were not good, and to me the stand out was Daisy Ridley as Rey, a Career is Born!

I saw Deadpool today and I'd give it an 8/10. There were some good laughs here and there, but I think I was expecting a little more.

The Revenant, Good Film but not as AMAZING as I think others make it out to be, Leo is Great in the Film, but just for me personally, I don't think he deserves the Oscar Win here but still very good, Film gets an A
Anomalisa, I JUST got back from this like an hour ago, has BREATHTAKING Animation that is... SOOOOO GORGEOUS to look at. Gets an A
Kung Fu Panda 3, oh these Films are SOOOOOOO GOOD and SOOOOOO MUCH FUN!! :) Felt good to have another Kung Fu Panda Movie after 5 Years without one, Bryan Cranston I found to be the Scene Stealer, Film gets an A.

I watched three so I'll quickly rate them all.
Zoolander 2 - 6/10. Not as bad as people say it is. It was quite amusing but not as good as the original.
Deadpool - 9/10. This may or may not be better than Guardians of the Galaxy. It was scathingly funny.
The Apartment - 10/10. There is no better romcom. Jack Lemmon was absolutely astounding. A classic in every sense of the word.

Back
Top Bottom