• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Zootopia 10/10

Watched for the first time just now. Wasn't expecting the previous post to be the same movie or score, lol.

The Little Mermaid (1975 anime version, NOT the Disney version)

7.5/10

I definitely like this version, though I haven't seen the Disney version in YEARS. I love that it's faithful to the original fairytale, especially the super dark and sad ending.

The Boxtrolls 8/10

Unbreakable 9/10

Seriously though, wow. Did not see that coming. I was sure I watched this film once, a very long time ago, but may have forgotten everything. I knew it had to do with superheroes and comics, and water. Great ending.

Last edited:
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

Captivating. It is easy for a movie to fall into a category and thus allow itself to become defined by how it expects others will perceive it. This is where this movie really manages to shine. It is a comedy, but it's also a drama. A film with very light moments that can immediately turn into extremely deep reflections on the human condition. For those of you who aren't familiar, it is a tale of mental illness, but more so a story of the dangers of conformity and the freedom that can be found in rebellious expression.

The cast was perfectly tailored to the movie, from the leads to the extras, each character has a story to tell that can be told even with the absence of lines. The score, by Jack Nitzsche, is the perfect accompaniment, adding an unsettling tone to a movie that is in constant balance between fun and the edgy.

This is a movie of contrasts, outside and in, and it is sure to satisfy any theater-goer looking to be gently lead into a somewhat tragic exploration of life as it is.
Four-stars.png

The Aviator: 8.3/10, iv watched it before but i cant get enough of di caprio's acting, he knows how to get into a character

Dragon Wars: D-War

1/10

God, this movie is shit!

I remember a friend taking me to see this film back in early 2008, I think, at a dollar theater and we missed a good chunk of the beginning because we arrived late. I guess the beginning was crucial to understanding the rest of the movie because I was beyond confused when it finished.

Then I saw it again today, this time from the beginning. I guess I kind of get it, but my attitude went from "what the hell was this movie about?" to "goddamn, this was a bad movie!" I mean, my expectations weren't exactly high since I remember how appalling the dialogue was when I last saw it, but now that I saw it again from the beginning, I don't know, it seemed a whole lot worse. Maybe because my taste in movies got slightly higher? Or maybe because I was 20 when I saw this movie and an eight year difference can really change a person's perspective on how a movie shouldn't work.

If the movie was bad yet fun to watch, I wouldn't be razzing it as much. I love Volcano and Twister because, while terrible, they're fun to watch with all that cheesy goodness! With Dragon Wars, it wasn't fun at all. I was just begging for it to be over. I haven't begged for a movie to be over since Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, The Human Centipede, and the live-action version of The Cat and the Hat.

The Jungle Book (1967 film): 8/10

The well known all-around classic. I'm a sucker for good animated movies that feature animals. I absolutely love it when all the work that goes into capturing the animals' movements and mannerisms pays off. This movie is actually a lot shorter then I remember. It effectively goes from one scene to the next with many of the most memorable pieces happening in or close to the first half. Something else that I picked up this time around is many of the instances of reused animation from other Disney features. More notably from The Sword in the Stone and 101 Dalmatians which I have seen more than the typically sited example Robin Hood. An overall fun and enjoyable movie.

Captain America Civil War: 9.5/10

Holy crap was this movie awesome. It somehow manages to squeeze in so many characters with new ones and still manage to make who they are and what they want clear. Black Panther and especially Spider-man were amazing and I can't wait to see more of them in their solo films. The airport fight scene might just be the best action scene in a comic book movie to date with how crazy it is. The villain wasn't the best and the frequent location jumps with oversized captions were a bit annoying but these are minor nitpicks. This movie pretty much did everything BVS was trying to do but better in practically every way possible. WB really needs to take notes or call it quits while they can.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
8/10
Had to rewatch, so my wife understand some of the jokes in Deadpool.

Back
Top Bottom