• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Eight days a week,the Beatles touring years.

I'd give it a 7/10 score,I love the Beatles but I've seen and read way better docs.

I definitely get there is no new Beatles material,but just to retell a story told so many times for the sake of doing it seemed forced.

Especially just throwing on "the touring years" and Ron Howard acting like it's a fresh approach.

Storks: 5/10
Just okay. The old tale of storks delivering babies made into a movie. It's not too bad, but a little too predictable with humorless humor.

Suicide Squad: 8/10
I enjoyed the movie, but I can see why it received a lot of hate.

Treasure Planet: 9.5/10
Stunning visuals and animation plus a nicely remade and rebooted plot of Treasure Island.

Christine (2016) - 9/10
Having knowledge of how the movie would end, being based on real events did not lessen its impact at all. I remember feeling short of breath due to anticipation as the climax slowly unfolded, which was immediately followed by a powerfully somber ending. Despite a few inaccuracies it still offered a powerful commentary on depression and how it could affect a person.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Definitely a 10/10 for me. It was so good, and it was definitely something I'd spend money on to see again.

Trainspotting. 9/10. It's quite a disturbing depiction of the drug scene in 1990s Britain. It's not for the faint of heart, so I'd give you fair warning. And Begbie will scare the living shit outta you

The Lego Batman Movie

Beautiful animation, fantastic action sequences, clever ties into the previous installations into the Batman franchise, and a few scenes that had some genuine emotion to them. That was offset by a super flimsy plot, some main characters who felt more like tools to advance Batman's story than individual characters on their own, and some weird additions in the final third that felt like a mish-mash of weird expositional devices and ex machinas building towards a disappointingly unimaginative ending.

3.5/5

It was a good movie, don't get me wrong, and worth an hour and a half of your life, but set your expectations appropriately. In this regard, my brother's remarks as we left the theater summed it up nicely.

"Remember who the target audience was."

Domestic Disturbance (2001) - 6/10

It was alright, not my favorite but not the worst movie I've seen, I only really watched it for the first time today because John Travolta was in it. I've seen movies with a similar plot that are better than this one though.

Precious

9/10

No, not Precious Pupp like in my username and avatar. Precious, the movie about a woman with a shitty life who lifts her head up high despite her upbringing. This would have been a great movie to watch in the comfort of my own home since it looked and sounded interesting. Instead, I was forced to watch it with a bad toothache in a Panamanian dentist's office (what was funny was that the Spanish subtitles were watered down compared to the F-bombs dropped during the movie). Not something that was exactly helpful to how my tooth felt. Then again, I've been through worse.

Watching the movie itself once my toothache was fixed and I was at home, it is a sobering reminder of what some people go through in life. Her life was complete shit, but she was able to turn things around on her own. Then ending wasn't what you call a traditional "happy ending," but it did end on a somewhat good note. Great movie. Had me in tears a lot of the times.

Angry Birds: The Movie
6/10
It's not that bad considering it's a 100-minute advertisement of the games. As a standalone movie? Nah.

Sing
7/10
I liked it mostly because I enjoyed the songs featured in it. I wish they reduced some of the cast and focused more on the main characters, though.

Back
Top Bottom