• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Spider Man Homecoming 10/10
Absolutely amazing! It exceeded my expectations and is easily my favorite Marvel movie so far.

Cars: 9/10
Really like the concept of race cars and all the car references paralleling human concepts. The theme "speed isn't everything" applies appropriately for both racing and life itself. It was a nice touch that brilliantly mirrored humans as cars.

Cars2: 6/10
The James Bond parody wasn't necessary. It wasn't bad, but there's so many other ways they could have written the plot regarding race cars and automobiles in general instead of using the same old British spy story that's overused in at least several dozen other movies - quite disappointing especially since it is a Pixar film.

Planning to watch Cars3 next week. I hear that it is really good.

Wow, never expected to rate all the trilogy XD

Cars3: 8.5/10
Definitely better than Cars2. Like nearly every reviewer says, this should have been the sequel to Cars1. Cars3 deals with the universal theme of aging and dealing with the "threat" of the new generation and their new technology, the fear of losing your dream, career, and identity to someone new. I enjoyed what they did with the plot and the ending was just reasonably okay.
However, I wish they just let Lightning win with smart old-school tactics instead of having Cruz take his spot. Or develop the story in a different way with an additional sub-plot where Cruz becomes qualified as a race car and they both have a chance to race together. After all, Cruz did say that she admired Lightning while growing up, and wouldn't it be a great opportunity to actually compete against him in an actual race? Like, how a fan beats her childhood hero?

The movies I saw in theater this year so far:

($$$) = I enjoyed it
($$) = I thought it was okay
($) = I disliked it

The Lego Batman Movie ($$$)
Beauty and the Beast ($$$)
Smurfs: The Lost Village ($$$)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ($$$)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales ($$$)
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie ($$$)
Wonder Woman ($$$)
Cars 3 ($$$)
Despicable Me 3 ($$)
Spider-Man: Homecoming ($$$)

High Speed!: -Free! Starting Days-
7/10

The prequel to the popular swimming anime Free!! The visuals are beautiful - the weather, the water, the swimming motions - everything looks great for the eyes. The plot is straightforward and predictable - a sports team is formed, the members have difficulty getting along, they eventually work out their problems and win a competition. There are a lot of easter eggs and foreshadowing to the Free!! television series, which is certainly enjoyable.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes 8/10
I've only seen bits of the original Planet of the Apes first movie, but I was able to recognize several of the references. As for the plot, it was pretty interesting. However, I liked this better than the second film because they showed several types of relationships that exist between apes and humans, ranging from hostility to acceptance as family.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 7/10
While it was certainly interesting to see how the apes mirrored human behavior - especially with Koba's desire to take over both human and ape society, the gun fight scene was over the top. Infinite bullets for the apes ._.

War for the Planet of the Apes is going to be released in August where I live. I'm pretty excited for it. I might watch the original Planet of the Apes series if I get the opportunity.

Beauty and the Beast 2017 - 7/10

I liked the original animated version, but I didn't really love it either, unlike most people (And LeFou in that version was annoying as h*ll. He ruined the "Gaston" musical number for me. Thank GOD this new version improved on him and that scene!). It's not perfect, but nothing ever is, and I'd definitely watch this over most of the crap that gets released these days. I also really liked the new stuff, the new songs, and even the end credits.

Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie 8/10

While it certainly has its weak points (Tails, get that sinus infection checked buddy), it's all around a pretty good movie. The action is pretty good, and the soundtrack is phenomenal. The story suffers from some flaws (mainly showing us Metal from minute 1), but it's overall pretty decent (Metal's suicide still gives chills). Unfortunately you tend to get forced out of the moment somewhat regularly once Metal comes into the scene, since he's often drawn in super detail, and just looks out of place among the rest of the movie.
Still a great adaptation considering when it came out.
STRANGE isn't it?

A friend of mine who's really into the Dark Tower books wanted to see the movie so I went with him. It's crap.

Power Rangers (2017) - 7/10. It's not great, but I liked it. I didn't really love it, though. I did, however, LOVE their take on Billy and especially Rita Repulsa. Man, Rita in this one is a massive megab**** and I love it!

War for the Planet of the Apes 8/10
Despite what many people complained about how the trailers had been misleading, I enjoyed the movie very much. The only problem that I had was that something else other than the disease helped the apes survive in the end. But then again, this series constantly reminds us just how helpless humans are against nature, and they did a good job showing it - including that contrast between the mottoes of humans and apes which eventually decided the fate of both sides. It certainly had a solid ending. A fitting end to the trilogy... but then I heard they announced a fourth film :/

The Lord of The Rings - The Fellowship of The Ring 9/10

Actually first time I watched it full. I've never been interested in epic fantasy settings aside The Hobbit prequels, but this movie just came out of the corner on TV and so I thought, "Why Not?"

While nowadays the CGI is kind of an under budget, I'm amused from the way its lore told. Peter Jackson's best film indeed, he did amazing upgrades on narratives. Iconic characters and scenes, truly a masterpiece of all time.

A Journey Through Fairyland - 8/10

It's a very beautiful anime movie and a pretty hardcore love letter to Fantasia. The plotline is very simple (misfit boy meets beautiful girl/fairy and travels to her world), the grand visuals and orchestral soundtrack are what really make this movie shine. The English dubbing can be a bit overacted and generic at times, but it's still decently good. Seriously, if you want to watch something that oozes love, passion, and heart, watch this. The DVD just came out after so many years of obscurity, so it's not hard to find anymore!

The Last Unicorn - 6/10

I found it on Netflix. The first half, while it has its flaws, is still very good and interesting! However, the second half of the movie took a severe drop in quality. The villain and love interest contribute nothing to the story, there are so many unanswered questions, the unicorn as a human is reduced to nothing but a lonely, stoic, whiny, lovesick shoujo anime girl who suddenly develops amnesia and angsts way too much! She also goes from "I hate you, Lear. Go away," to "Oh, Lear! I love you! Let's kiss passionately!" within two scenes, and the characters in question have ZERO chemistry or reason to fall in love. Talk about Strangled By The Red String. Yeah, the movie could have been so much better had the second half not been so terrible in terms of its story and how it handled its characters.

Last edited:
Blade Runner 2049. 9.5/10

I am normally skeptical of sequels, and they tend to be not as good as the original. There are exceptions to this, and Blade Runner 2049 fits into this category (I watched the original 1982 film on DVD in English class back in Year 11), and I think Blade Runner 2049 is actually better than the original (in fact some critics has called it one of the greatest sequels of all time). The original film was infamous for the fact that some of the companies mentioned in the film (such as Pan Am and Atari) collapsed not long after the original film was released, and I am a bit concerned that it will happen again.

I won't tell you what happens because it is a great film, but it is a bit long coming in at about 160 minutes. Bit early for Oscars-bait season though. This has Oscars all over it.

Gone With the Wind - 6/10

So yeah, thanks to Sundance airing this movie non-stop on Thanksgiving and having nothing better to watch, I decided to sit down and watch it. While I can definitely appreciate the effort put into it and the impact it had during its time, I honestly don't think its one of the best movies ever. Good God, Scarlet and Prissy were so whiny and bratty, Prissy even more so with her ear-bleedlingly screechy voice! And Rhett Butler was just a gigantic jerk who never seemed to decide whether he wanted to be nice or mean to Scarlet. I don't even want to go into the romanticism and racism the movie had, as others have done that already, so no need to beat that dead horse. The love triangles were annoying, Scarlet was a big brat and really indecisive ("Oh! I hate you Rhett!" to "Oh! I love you Rhett!" within two scenes. ALL THROUGHOUT THE MOVIE!!!), the movie itself felt really padded out at times, and all the tragedies piling up on each other near the end was a bit much.

Transformers (2007): 5/10

I'm gonna be completely honest here, the first movie, really not that bad. They get worse and worse as the series progresses, but the first one is pretty enjoyable. It's got some good action scenes, and any deviation from source material is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. Especially given that literally every other Transformers series changes stuff and doesn't get anywhere near as much vilification. It's pretty badly paced at times, and the action scenes can get kinda clustered, and the focus is definitely way too heavy on the humans for my taste, but all in all the action's decent, and it's not as bad as the ones that came after. Plus I can appreciate the effort that went into building the life sized models and the soundwave "teeth" in Prime's mouth are kinda cool.

Back
Top Bottom