• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Theaters, Ready Player One - 8/10
I love pop culture references, and the movie had great action scenes to go along with it. The character development was extremely lacking, however, and sometimes the visual effects were kinda cheesy

Outside, Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie - 9/10
I've wached some Hey Arnold episodes, and thought they were good. This television movie stood true to the show and made it more exciting, not to mention slightly modernizing it so that it can appeal to the newer audiences. I disliked the portrayals of most characters, though, and I felt like they were just there for nostalgia.

Godfather III

5/10

I know a lot of Godfather fans HATE this movie. I mean, they despise it so much that they believe it shouldn't exist. I'm more on the "meh" train. I agree it was a totally unnecessary movie and, yes, Sofia Coppola cannot act. That is not an understatement. She is a really bad actress (but she's a kickass director). Still, this movie had plenty of memorable scenes and it did not have a feel-good ending much like The Godfather II did, which I would have been more upset about if they did make it into a fairytale "happy ever after" story. It's not that the first movie had a warm, fuzzy feeling ending, but it did end on a note that didn't feel like the character of Michael Corleone was a complete, cold-hearted monster.

I think that's why people prefer the first two movies, myself being one of those people. The first gives way to the second, and the second was dark, and it ended on a note where power can corrupt and leave you completely alone. The third movie sort of does that, but it wasn't as impactful. It was mediocre at best. Not a movie I hate to the point I wish it didn't exist and, again, it had its moments, but it didn't need to be made. It's just there to be there, but I'll watch it if it's on.

Early Man: 9/10

I must say that what I got from this movie was most certainly not what I expected going in, but I absolutely loved it. Ardman's humour always hits the mark, and the premise is pretty original and entertaining.

The Way We Are - 8/10

A lovely, quiet little HK film I've been wanting to see forever. Couldn't find a copy with subs so I had to settle for watching it in Cantonese, and my Cantonese kinda sucks, but I think I got most of it.

Rebecca (1940) - 10/10

Utterly brilliant. A masterpiece unfolding at a perfect pace with wonderfully portrayed emotion. Every moment was crackling with energy and the ending was highly satisfying. My grim expectations were not met.

I cannot recommend this highly enough - any fan of classic films or films as a whole should watch this. If you're immediately wary of the Romance genre, disregard it and plough forth because it's worth it. Decidedly, old chap.

Tarzan (1999, Disney version) - 9/10

Wow. I'm surprised this movie is so underrated, because it's actually really good, if not one of Disney's best movies! And yes, I love all of Phil Collins' songs in this. Fight me. I think more Disney movies should be like this one. It's very atmospheric and subdued compared to some of their other works. Two Worlds is best song, no contest.

The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride 7/10

Being a sequel to one of the greatest animated movies of all time is a very tough act to follow, but they did a good enough job. Not One Of Us is the best song.
Much like the original being basically Hamlet, this direct-to-video sequel is pretty much Romeo and Juliet.

The Sound of Music (1965) - 10/10

I've never seen more beautiful sets in all of my life. I do not use the term lightly, and its not surprising that it spoke to me on a very personal level. Lineage, and all that. I usually become a tad morose and pining when I see European extravagance because it is quite literally my birthright but not this time, pard'ner - it was too brilliant to allow pettiness.
I'm going to buy that house.

Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms - 8.5/10

Seriously, this movie was absolutely BEAUTIFUL in every single way, and if anyone has talked to me at all, I do NOT use that word lightly. I'd rate this higher if not for a few weird dialogue choices, subplots that didn't get developed enough, and this one really baffling scene near the end. But wow, I am so glad I got to see this today. Definitely going on my top 10 favorite movie list somewhere. The second this is coming out on DVD, I'm buying it! Pre-ordering it, even!

Mission: Impossible – Fallout. 9/10.

It is now my fave MI movie aside from Ghost Protocol.

Baby Driver - 8/10
The first half of the film is a delight, as the main character is written in a very humanistic way where we get to know his motivations and what makes him the person he is today, and the choreographies and the action scenes are nice to watch. The second half shifts its focus to the action, it features nice plot twists and a very fast pace but it doesn't feel like what the movie was building up to. Also the ending is confusing, because...

Baby deserved going to jail, and it was something I expected to happen. But...what happened to his lost of hearing? How does he feel about that? And after all he went through, are you telling me that everything he did was for the girl? His character never comes full circle, and that made me very angry.

I recommend this movie if you think you are in the Autism Spectrum, you'll relate yourself to Baby.

Mission Impossible - 9/10
A very cool action movie, with fantastic sequences. It's a bit confusing to understand, as this time the characters' motivation and their alignment matter more than ever. The plot twist are very cool, and the stakes are raised. It's not a masterpiece, because the characters barely change, but it's entertaining.

I took off a point because of a missed opportunity for crossdressing at the middle of the film.

A Quiet Place - 9/10.

The movie's plot is decent. The character development and interactions with each other is lovely. The ending... eh, I wish it was written a bit differently.

Leon: The Professional - 10/10

This is the most beautiful film I have ever watched in my entire life. Every semblance hit me like a heavenly truck and its mark will affect me probably fifty years from now. Jean Reno was incredible, Gary Oldman was outstanding and Natalie Portman was captivating. I'm physically in pain and this is wonderful.

A Wrinkle In Time (2018) - 5/10. Ehhh...I didn't think this was all that good. I did like some of the things they did (Giving Calvin and Meg genuine chemistry and time to interact BEFORE deciding to become friends. Take note, original book!!!), but it was all style and no substance. The CGI was terrible, the story was a hot mess, many of the changes from the book were downright stupid and made no sense, Mrs Witch is little more than a philosophy spouting balloon of a woman and a huge waste of Oprah's talent (Seriously, I've seen her act better in Lifetime movies), and again, like the book, IT isn't properly dealt with. Maybe I'll watch the 2003 movie and see if that one's any better, even though L'Engle herself said she hated that one. Can't imagine her liking this one either. For what it's worth, I think the actors did very well with what they had to work with.

Anne of Green Gables (1985) - 8.5/10. Yeah, I can see why fans of the book love this movie. It's reasonably faithful, but makes enough changes to make things interesting and streamline the movie without hurting the pacing. The acting could be a bit cheesy sometimes, but hey, the book itself was kinda heavy on the cheese, but the costumes and sets were good, the atmosphere was wonderful, the cinematography is very good, and the movie stayed true to the original book. Although...I do find I like the Netflix series Anne With an E juuuuuust a little better, namely because there's more conflict and because I feel Amybeth McNulty is a better Anne than Megan Follows. Don't kill me!

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - 9/10.

A very good movie actually; it becomes evidently hard not to feel for those caught in the Holocaust. I appreciate the message the movie attempted to convey. I guess one or two torture scenes could have been great, but I'm not complaining.

Back
Top Bottom