• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 4/10

I'm being generous, really.

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - 9/10.

A very good movie actually; it becomes evidently hard not to feel for those caught in the Holocaust. I appreciate the message the movie attempted to convey. I guess one or two torture scenes could have been great, but I'm not complaining.

I love that movie! I have it on DVD, along with the book! It's great! I also love that it didn't have a happy ending, because...seriously, would something like that REALLY end well for ANYONE in that situation?

Last movie I saw was Mr. Popper's Penguins.

Admittedly, I wasn't paying too much attention to it because I had to meet with my mentor during the movie and I was playing a game with my mom at the time, but I was still paying somewhat attention to it and it was pretty funny. I'd watch it again, tbh.

Zootopia (2016) and Attack the Block (2011)

I'd give Zootopia a healthy 7.9/10. The sloth bit took a too long for my liking and there were a few things that were reused to excess, but I loved that weasel played by Alan Tudyk and some of the pigs were seriously pretty. The muzzle bit was pretty sad, though, and my empathy levels are sky high. Can't take it man. Can't take it.

Attack the Block had John Boyega in it. That's reason enough to give it a 10/10 and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Biased, nepotistic, call it what you will but I love that man, man. And the experience was thoroughly enjoyable. Those wolf gorilla motherf-ckers were rad and Moses was a great character. And Ron Weed's Room will crack me up for no reason at all for a long, long time to come. I also liked Luke Treadaway's character. Effeminate and drugged and wants to be accepted by the hoods 'cause he just wants to be That Sort Of Guy. I liked the comradery, too. I wanna help my mates beat things to death. Now, time to search up 'how to procure some mates in five easy lessons'...

Hook (1991) - 9/10
It's an excellent movie. The actors and their acting was great, the sets were seriously nostalgic for me and it had that Steven Spielberg flair! It just makes the day better, y'know? I decided to watch it because of the anniversary of Robin William's death and its so nice to see that spark again - that lovely twinkle in his sad, sad eyes. It's strange how someone so depressed can have such vibrancy. He will be sorely missed.
HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS DUSTIN HOFFMAN, THOUGH. Recognised Gwyneth Paltrow immediately, however. I'm a wiz. And she's beautiful but whatever. Anyway, yes! It was awesome. Dante Basco being in it (Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender) was also sensational. I was expecting his acting to be cringey but it wasn't. He was good.

Brooklyn (2015) - 3/10
I want to be fair but C'MON. Nothing happened. At all. Not a dicky bird. I was expecting something! Anything. Getting mugged, or having a miscarriage or becoming a prostitute or something really depressing or something really wonderful but nope. She got on a boat. She met a dude. She went back on the boat. She met another dude, and last but not least... she hopped back on the boat.
WHAT THE HELL
I've got Irish blood so I wanted to see it. I can't fault the acting but the characters were like grey toast. Nothing was remotely funny, nor romantic nor tragic nor anything. It was just... bland. Bland bland bland bland and doubly boring. And there were too many Irish accents!! It's not a valid complaint but I mean come on.

To Boldly Flee
2/10

This thing was made by the people over at That Guy With the Glasses but it was over three hours long so I am going to treat it like a movie. This movie was not funny and it was a painful three hours to sit through. Yet at the same time, when I first saw this along with Kickassia and Suburban Knights, I thought these movies were cheesy for the sake of being cheesy. Something that would be an homage to a movie like The Room where it was so bad yet was still enjoyable. I come to find out that they put a lot of effort into these movies and wanted them to be taken seriously. They did not achieve that. I can say without a hint of irony that the acting and writing in The Room was a lot better and more enjoyable than the acting in Kickassia, Suburban Knights, and especially To Boldly Flee so that's quite a feat.

Heathers - 4/10 (The original movie, not the reboot that got canned)

Ehhh...I found this on Netflix and decided to see what the big deal was. I didn't really enjoy it. The characters were all annoying and dumb, the story was really stupid and nonsensical, I felt like the high school setting was little more than a caricature of what high schools actually are, and the ending was just as contrived and stupid. I did find out this was supposed to be a satire on sensationalizing teen suicides, so I guess the stupidity of everything might have been the point. Sorry guys, but I don't find myself liking this "classic" movie.

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters and its sequel, City on the Edge of Battle - 6/10 for both.

I've never been a fan of monster movies or sci-fi movies, mostly because technobabble always leaves me bored. But I was bored and decided to watch these two movies just for something new to watch. I liked them both a lot better than Heathers, and I was surprised at just how well done the CG animation is, especially when it comes to the little details like nicks and dents on everyone's armor and space suits. But the stories were kinda bland and the characters were all very one note. I will say this, though: the English dub for both movies are amazing and well acted.

Last edited:
Big Fish and Begonia - 6.5/10. For China's first animated movie that ISN'T blatantly ripping off other movies and stealing backgrounds and imagery from them, it's a valiant effort. It's a beautifully animated movie with a very interesting story and a mostly likeable cast. But I did feel some things weren't explained, and other elements were straight up unnecessary (In the beginning, a kid gets pooped on by a horse. On screen. REALLY?).

The Little Prince (2015) - 8.5/10. Now THIS was a good one! I read the original book in high school but wasn't attached to it in any way. I found this on Netflix, watched it, and was pleasantly surprised. This movie is wonderful! I'm really glad I saw it.

I've been on a movie kick, so might as well rate the ones I've seen so far!

Kubo and the Two Strings - 8/10. I've been wanting to see this for a while, but never got around to it until one of my favorite internet reviewers talked about it. I'm glad I watched it on his recommendation, because this is a great, wonderful, SERIOUSLY underrated movie that deserves way more attention than it's gotten. I do think the ending is a little odd, but I've seen worse endings.

Otaku no Video - 7.5/10 (Yes, I'm counting this as a movie even though it's technically a two-episode OVA). A short, compact, and surprisingly insightful anime celebrating fandom and geekdom. Sure, the characters aren't anything special, but seeing them fulfill their dreams is pretty satisfying. Also, the soundtrack and the opening theme is great.

Schindler's List - 8.5/10. So...yeah, I watched this. I see why people rave about it so much. It's definitely an epic, well made, downright heartbreaking movie that Steven Spielberg really put his heart and soul into. But I didn't find the characters to be interesting save for a select few, and the intentional black/white filtering made it nigh impossible for me to tell who was who most of the time. But Schindler's List's popularity is justified in every way, and it definitely deserves to be revered as one of the greatest films ever made. But I don't see myself watching it again unless I'm in the right mood.

Venom - 4/10
I enjoyed the movie. It just wasnt a good movie.

Oceans 8 - 9/10
Hated all the other oceans movies but loved this one.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 3/10
I dont even know what happened with this one but I gained zero enjoyment from it.

A Wrinkle In Time (2003) - 7.5/10. Clearly the superior movie adaptation compared to the 2018 version. Not sure why L'Engle hated this movie, because not only is IT actually properly dealt with (Though the way its executed has some flaws of its own, but hey, its still better than what the book did!), the people of Camazotz are actually saved! Yeah, watch this one. It's so much better than the 2018 movie by a long shot.

Venom: 9/10

This was fun. Seriously. The first act can get intense--there are definite horror undertones--but things change once we're introduced to the symbiote in question. And don't ask me how, but this works perfectly without Spider-Man. Mind. Blown! :D

Pokemon The Movie 3 - 9/10. Yeah, there's no denying it. Definitely the best Pokemon movie. Why can't more Pokemon movies be as well written and competent as this one?!

The Ryan White Story - 5.5/10. It was...okay. The main kid's acting seemed kind of forced at times, some of the transitions come right out of nowhere, and the movie glosses over some things (Like the kid's dog getting hit by a car and not getting any resolution for that. Did the dog die or survive?!) while putting too much time on other things that weren't needed, and the ending was very abrupt. I did think it was cute that they had Ryan White himself have a cameo in the movie.

Last edited:
Psycho Prom Queen - 3/10. Ugh. Terrible. The mean girl is a complete, one-note sociopath whose motivation for kidnapping a teacher, imprisoning her, and making other peoples' lives miserable is so laughable and bad.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

8/10

There's a lot going on in this movie. A lot. Some of the questions from the previous movie are answered, and there are new questions brought up as well. There's a bunch of information provided from the movie, which is fantastic if you want to dig deeper into the lores or history of the Wizarding World.

Cloverfield (via Netflix).

It's awesome, and pretty dang scary. Can I keep one of those "parasites" as a pet? Pretty please?~

Crazy Rich Asians

8/10. It’s got pretty funny moments with someone dropping a sick burn near the end, though the cast is a little bit too big for me to keep track of all their names.

Back
Top Bottom