• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Rambo last blood: 5/10
Sylvester Stallone is back and he will kick everybody's ***. Well, what can you expect from Rambo? The title says everything, however there are some plot holes that I didn't like and could be written better. Moreover, I didn't know that the border between Mexico and USA was so uncontrolled and unwatched. I mean, everyone crosses the border like you cross a street.

Little Witch Academia - 7/10. Eh, this was cute. I didn't find it to be anything too special, and I kinda wanted to learn more about its world and how magic works. But then again, that's what the TV series is for. Might watch Enchanted Parade later on.

Escaping The NXIVM Cult - 5/10. Oh yay, another Lifetime movie based on a true story. There's a lot of these that have been coming out over the past month. But...I didn't find this one to be that good. I kinda thought the shorter, more factual Beyond The Headlines version was better.

Aladdin (1992) - 8.5/10. Saw this a million times during my childhood, and IMHO, it still holds up really well. Not gonna watch the live version, as this version has too much sentimental value to me.

I got in a gloomy mood and watched a movie from 1965 called The Battle of Algiers, which is one of those must-watch movies if you’re a wannabe film buff. It’s seriously good, not only is the style of the cinematography really clear and ahead of its time, but its portrayal of terrorism, authoritarianism, and war were very easy for me to understand as somebody who grew up under the specter of Iraq/Afghanistan. Which ultimately means that not much has changed since the ‘60s. Let’s call it a 9 or a 10/10 movie or something, point is you should see it. American movies were still answering to the puritanical Hays Code in 1965, which means this movie could not have been made in America in its time... and you’d be hard-presses to find a director today, anywhere, who’s interested in showing this conflict in a two-sided, compassionate, mature way. Go see it!

Mission Impossible Fallout you know what you're going to get with these, pretty impressive that old Tom has been making these since 1996! Still it was exciting, silly and instantly forgettable. 4/5

Serenity
Wanted to watch this after I'd watched Firefly a couple months ago since the movie is a sequel to it. Overall a good movie, but I wish they'd just made the series a little longer instead.

Downton Abbey

5.2/10

it was okay, but it was far from great in my eyes. It got kind of boring. The only reason I saw it was because my mom dragged me to it.

The Avengers

We got hooked on these movies when my younger brother got my parents into watching Infinity War, and we realized that everything we were seeing was out of order, so we decided to find the whole series and watch them from the start. I really liked this one, it felt like a real Avengers movie to me, and it was full of action like all the others are. These movies are one of the most highly grossing films on the market right now, so a true fan is bound to love them, as well as possibly catching the eye of new and interested fans.

9/10

Chicken Run

9/10

As a big Aardman fan, I am kicking myself for forgetting how good this film is. After all these years, it definitely still holds up despite being their first ever full-length film and Jane Horrocks' lines as Babs always have me in hoots, along with the flying lesson scenes.

I still can't believe they're making a sequel.

Last edited:
When Marnie Was There - 9/10. Such an adorable, heartfelt movie! If this is Ghibli's swansong, then they picked a bittersweet but still heartrending way to go out. The animation was sumptuous, the characters are all great, the mystery was well done, and I really liked Anna and Marnie's chemistry. So sweet and nice!

Abducted: The Mary Stauffer Story - 5/10. I tend to like the cheesy Lifetime movies, especially the ones inspired by true events. I saw an episode of the show Your Worst Nightmare that also depicted this story, and when I saw this was coming out, I decided to watch it. Ehh...it's not that great. The actresses who played Mary and Beth really missed the mark when trying to sound scared and frightened, and I feel like their poor acting kind of ruined what should have been climactic scenes. I prefer how Your Worst Nightmare depicted it.

Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal - 6.5/10. Marginally better than the above, and it had a pretty good message in regards to enforcing boundaries and not letting people get away with doing bad things, especially in school. But I found it rather predictable and cliche, and I felt like some issues didn't really get addressed (Such as one girl getting beat up by the titular cheerleaders over a misunderstanding and the subplot is just dropped). Eh, still like it just fine.

Seriously, what is it with me and Lifetime movies???

When Marnie Was There - 9/10. Such an adorable, heartfelt movie! If this is Ghibli's swansong, then they picked a bittersweet but still heartrending way to go out. The animation was sumptuous, the characters are all great, the mystery was well done, and I really liked Anna and Marnie's chemistry. So sweet and nice!
Wasn't Studio Ghibli just on a hiatus? I could have sworn that they said they were going to make another movie.

Dunno. I know they had been having financial issues after Miyazaki "retired" again, and they sort of went off the radar. I know some staff jumped ship and either went on to form Studio Ponoc or migrated to other studios. I know the guy who directed the Okko's Inn movie had previously worked with Ghibli.

Dunno. I know they had been having financial issues after Miyazaki "retired" again, and they sort of went off the radar. I know some staff jumped ship and either went on to form Studio Ponoc or migrated to other studios. I know the guy who directed the Okko's Inn movie had previously worked with Ghibli.
Reading a bit on Wikipedia, I guess I confused that with the fact that there's a new Miyazaki film coming called "How Do You Live?" I don't know what's going to happen to Ghibli after that.

A Quiet Place

6.8/10

it was rather scary. I enjoyed it. I couldn't help but feel a bit annoyed they didn't use better strategies to ward off the monsters, but I suppose if they did that, the movie would be less thrilling.

Circle 8/10

I reconmend this movie to anyone that wants to see a social experiment. This movie is about how normal people would act if they were forced to vote each other to die. What brings it down is is it feels stereotypical and sometimes obviously fake

Last edited:
The Circle 8/10

I reconmend this movie to anyone that wants to see a social experiment. This movie is about how normal people would act if they were forced to vote each other to die. What brings it down is is it feels stereotypical and sometimes obviously fake
Isn't that also the name of a movie about definitely-not-Facebook?

^ omg watched the same movie :D

2001: A Space Odyssey
7/10

I understand the significance of the movie. A space movie in the 60s? Impressive. But at times it can really drag out scenes.
And lol at the intermission when there are movies running nonstop over 3 hours.

Back
Top Bottom