• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate The Music Above (Ver. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some points make the lyrics sound a bit warped in a way that makes it sound very subtly autotuned for some reason. Granted, that's probably not the effect it was going for. The lyrics themselves as well as the genre, I'm not exactly fond of, but it was pretty good nonetheless. 7/10.

Who's a fan of drum & bass? The Wipeout series of futuristic racing games has long had a history of licensed electronic music forming the soundtracks to each instalment, the games themselves changing alongside the evolution of electronic music - in addition, in its early instalments, many of the artists featured in them became successful in the game's aftermath. Several songs are used in the game, the menus, the trailers and the opening sequences - for fans of the scene, it's sure to be a treat identifying them. The song I'm about to show you is one example, being featured in the opening to Wipeout 2048, the last game developed by SCE Studio Liverpool before they closed down.

Apparently, they say this particular song was an important milestone for the Dubstep genre, as the original version of this song was the first of its genre to reach #1 in the UK Singles Chart. A later EP features several remixes of this song by various artists, this version being a drum & bass take by the group Drumsound & Bassline Smith. Accompanying the opening cinematic of Wipeout 2048, which details the history of motorsport in its own universe up to the birth of anti-gravity racing, this is DJ Fresh's Louder (Drumsound & Bassline Smith Remix)!

Louder (Drumsound & Bassline Smith Remix) / DJ Fresh
Louder (Remixes) [feat. Sian Evans] - EP

I'm usually not a big fan of Linkin Park, but this song is quite enjoyable. 8/10

It's alright. The singer was a little difficult to understand. 6/10

Slow but neat. I did think that the intensity of the vocals at times may have been a bit dissonant for my expectations, though. 8/10.

Apparently, the song I'm about to post here has been used in three pieces of media I recognise for one reason or another - the film adaptation of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (maybe in its trailers, I don't know if it showed up in the movie proper), Duke Nukem Forever (definitely in the trailers this time), and WipEout Omega Collection (as one of the songs in the game's licensed soundtrack selection). I haven't listened to much of them (which I should probably fix because I hear their stuff's pretty good), but regardless of that, I present to you: The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die!

Invaders Must Die / The Prodigy
Invaders Must Die

Sounded futuristic and a bit trippy. Then it got a bit funky. The perception of the future in music is certainly a lot different than it usually is nowadays... 8/10.

Apparently the guys I'm about to post have been singing about their own name for literal decades at this point.

C-h-e-m-i-c-a-l / The Chemical Brothers

6/10 - It's okay, but there's not really any sort of definitive hook that I'd expect from this sort of song.

0/10 - 'The uploader has not made this video available in your country'
I tried looking for it elsewhere but couldn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom