• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • We're launching a brand new series on the official Bulbagarden YouTube Channel! Watch here as AussieEevee attempts the Nuzlocke Challenge in HeartGold.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

Rate The Music Above (Ver. 2)

Merry Chrysalis
Reaction score
7.7/10 Not bad.

With October approaching, I figured I’d return to this thread and kick off a chain of spooky or at least slightly Halloween-ish sounding songs that I listen to!
View: https://youtu.be/jzCqJ-8aQEo

I Stand Out
Reaction score
7/10

Lyrics are kinda... Random, and I'm not a fan of the way the song just randomly changes for like, 10 seconds midway through, but it sounds good.

Vay

User Online
*relaxing by the river's edge*
Reaction score
5/10
some parts of the song sound fun, half of it isn't something that catches my attention

Scatterbrain

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure if this song is supposed to be silly or serious... nontheless, 7/10.

I've thought a bit about what type of song I should post here next, and upon realizing that some the more recent songs on here have been kind of... unusual, you could say... I figured: why not follow through with a kind of unusual song myself? With that said:

I Stand Out
Reaction score
7/10
It's a fun and catchy song, but it doesn't really commit to the "make a song out of error noises" concept as I'd like, since it doesn't actually use them that much.

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
I'm not really a big fan of Taylor Swift's music overall, but I can say that I did somewhat enjoy that one. 7/10.

I did really like this song of hers, though, from the first Hunger Games movie soundtrack:

Ducks
Reaction score
...I mean, I can see why others might like it, but it doesn't really do anything to grab me, to be honest. Though that may just be because I'm pretty tired right about now, but still. 6.25/10

And now for a true work of art this thread this thread has never seen before and will never be seen since.
I never thought I would witness true beauty, but here it is before us.

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
I... think I might have just shed a tear there... such beauty, indeed. :p 10/10

Now for a song that may actually make someone shed a tear... maybe more so right after watching the movie that precedes it, though. Nonetheless, here's the original ending theme from the first Pokémon movie... Kaze to Issho ni, aka Together with the Wind:

Reaction score
I always loved that song ever since I got a CD with it back in '98 or '99. 10/10

Been listening to Riot's latest album a lot.

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
I think that hearing this type of music in video games has prepared me well for this one :LOL:. It's definitely a pretty good song, so... 8/10.

Here's another Pokémon movie ending theme (apparently a fan favorite one... Chiisaki Mono, aka A Small Thing):

(There's also a version with translated lyrics here.)

Vay

User Online
*relaxing by the river's edge*
Reaction score
4/10
sort of sounds like Beatles, not my choice in music, intro sounded good

Alice Cooper - "Feed My Frankenstein"

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
That's some... interesting lyrical content there. Musically speaking, it kind of has that warm synthy sound going on in the background, reminding me of 80's or early 90's pop music... which was never really my favorite era of music overall, honestly. It's nonetheless quite interesting to hear that type of sound in a song like this, though. 7/10.

This probably isn't the happiest song that I could post on Valentine's Day, but here we go anyway:

Cool cat
Reaction score
Looked at the "extra depressing" version, sounded pretty nice. 8.5/10.

This is one I sang at county chorus a while back.