• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Rate The Music Above (Ver. 2)

MegaPod

Anxious Apparition Aficionado
Reaction score
7.7/10 Not bad.

With October approaching, I figured I’d return to this thread and kick off a chain of spooky or at least slightly Halloween-ish sounding songs that I listen to!
View: https://youtu.be/jzCqJ-8aQEo

Lone_Garurumon

Deal with it
Reaction score
7/10

Lyrics are kinda... Random, and I'm not a fan of the way the song just randomly changes for like, 10 seconds midway through, but it sounds good.

Firox Vee

*whats on the other side of the mountain?*
Reaction score
5/10
some parts of the song sound fun, half of it isn't something that catches my attention

Scatterbrain

InfiniteBakuphoon

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure if this song is supposed to be silly or serious... nontheless, 7/10.

I've thought a bit about what type of song I should post here next, and upon realizing that some the more recent songs on here have been kind of... unusual, you could say... I figured: why not follow through with a kind of unusual song myself? With that said:

Lone_Garurumon

Deal with it
Reaction score
7/10
It's a fun and catchy song, but it doesn't really commit to the "make a song out of error noises" concept as I'd like, since it doesn't actually use them that much.

InfiniteBakuphoon

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
I'm not really a big fan of Taylor Swift's music overall, but I can say that I did somewhat enjoy that one. 7/10.

I did really like this song of hers, though, from the first Hunger Games movie soundtrack:

Wispy Willow

Ducks
Reaction score
...I mean, I can see why others might like it, but it doesn't really do anything to grab me, to be honest. Though that may just be because I'm pretty tired right about now, but still. 6.25/10

And now for a true work of art this thread this thread has never seen before and will never be seen since.
I never thought I would witness true beauty, but here it is before us.

InfiniteBakuphoon

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
I... think I might have just shed a tear there... such beauty, indeed. :p 10/10

Now for a song that may actually make someone shed a tear... maybe more so right after watching the movie that precedes it, though. Nonetheless, here's the original ending theme from the first Pokémon movie... Kaze to Issho ni, aka Together with the Wind:

Johtohfiller

Reaction score
I always loved that song ever since I got a CD with it back in '98 or '99. 10/10

Been listening to Riot's latest album a lot.

InfiniteBakuphoon

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
I think that hearing this type of music in video games has prepared me well for this one :LOL:. It's definitely a pretty good song, so... 8/10.

Here's another Pokémon movie ending theme (apparently a fan favorite one... Chiisaki Mono, aka A Small Thing):

(There's also a version with translated lyrics here.)

Firox Vee

*whats on the other side of the mountain?*
Reaction score
4/10
sort of sounds like Beatles, not my choice in music, intro sounded good

Alice Cooper - "Feed My Frankenstein"

InfiniteBakuphoon

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
That's some... interesting lyrical content there. Musically speaking, it kind of has that warm synthy sound going on in the background, reminding me of 80's or early 90's pop music... which was never really my favorite era of music overall, honestly. It's nonetheless quite interesting to hear that type of sound in a song like this, though. 7/10.

This probably isn't the happiest song that I could post on Valentine's Day, but here we go anyway:

Oricorio

"Nevermore"
Reaction score
Looked at the "extra depressing" version, sounded pretty nice. 8.5/10.

This is one I sang at county chorus a while back.