• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate The Music Above (Ver. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
7/10- Really caught me off guard as it went on, I don't usually like songs about partying

Not a fan of the Gorillaz, but I'll admit this song's quite good. 6.5/10.
Thom Yorke said of Street Spirit, "This song is about staring the fucking devil right in the eyes. It drains me, it shakes me, and it hurts like hell every time I play it." Factoring this in while listening will help.

Last edited:
6.5/10- I think the guitar and verses are good, the chorus didn't do it for me

Did someone post the wrong timestamp? Or was that intentional? Not bad... I guess? 7/10.

I've been into this theme song as of recent, so I'll throw it out there with nothing but a question.
Can you count starting from ONE?

99 / MOB CHOIR
Opening Theme of Mob Psycho 100

On a side note, it's one of the few times a Japanese anime theme song is actually expository as opposed to just being a regular anime theme tune. You'll quickly get why if you've paid attention to Mob Psycho 100.

I can't say I was ever the biggest fan of this genre, but it's pretty good! 8/10. Also, it gives me some good material to send to a certain group of mine!

This song probably won't make sense for you guys without having listened to the original song (which contains lyrics), but I'm gonna share it anyway!

Aria of Death(死のアリア)Piano Solo Version / Keiichiro Shibuya
2013.12.28 Playing THE END Tokyo Spiral Hall

I haven't heard the original but that is some great piano playing. 9/10

It looks like a 70's movie. Wonder if it actually came from that era, or if it was simply made in that aesthetic... With all those cheesy cliche moments, it honestly looks like it could be both.
And then the synths kick in. Smooth stuff. 9/10 for its cheesiness.

After having seen @Chidamari Sketch use the anime adaptation of Land of the Lustrous as his most recent avatar/signature theme, and after seeing the opening sequence in the anime opening thread, I went ahead and watched the first three episodes. The opening song's lyrics really resonate with me, so why not? Let's post the opening song here!

Kyoumen no Nami / YURiKA Land of the Lustrous (Houseki no Kuni) OP
鏡面の波 / YURiKA

I haven't heard the original but that is some great piano playing.
I mean, it's quite difficult to listen to the original version of Aria for Death (Aria) unless you had the chance to watch THE END live like I did in October of 2017 here in Adelaide, or purchased the soundtrack - which I imported because this "Vocaloid Opera" left such an impression on me that I really, really wanted something to remember it by. Of course, due to this, there do exist uploads here and there of ATAK020's entire album, but I personally think that without having seen the production (or at least not listening to it in order), it would make the experience less special to listen to the original version of the song.

Of course, it helps that on my end, due to getting the Limited Edition, I have the entire script of the opera available to look at - in three different languages, even!

Well, the song certainly does love its gratuitous English (although prehaps my lack of exposure to anime theme songs may have something to do with my surprise here, as I suspect that this is hardly the first one to feature that). That said, it's hard to not get caught up in the energy that the rest of the song exudes, and I have to say that it's also hard for me to not hear that catchy, English-infused chorus in my head long after listening to the song! 8.5/10.

Here's my first contribution here:

4.5/10, it's... OK, I guess.

I dare you not to hum along to the chorus. :p

I've always liked the intimate acoustic sound that songs like this have. 8/10.

Now for something a bit different. Anyone here remember Windows 98? I sure do... including its surprisingly jamming theme song that played whenever you booted up a computer with Windows 98 on it for the first time:

Which was also apparently well-remembered enough to spawn an extended remake version almost a decade and a half later:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom