• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate The Music Above (Ver. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's certianly some metal music, and it's some good metal music, but it's a bit too loud or something for my particular tastes so 7/10.

More acoustic guitar music, I see... this time of a more bittersweet nature. A solid 8/10 for a song that's as beautiful and gentle as a father's love for his daughter...

...which is the complete opposite of the song that I have here!

(This is video game music that's not actually video game music, because it's actually a completely original, non-vide0 game song written for an expanded version of the NES sound chip... hence why it belongs here!)

Well, I may not be that big a fan of the intro personally, but the rest of it varies from 'good' to 'pretty darn good', so there's that. Oh, and 7.5.

Somehow that managed to be both quite hilarious and quite a bit disturbing at the same time... although I'd definitely expect the latter given the game's difficulty and art aesthetic. Kudos to the video's creators for the former, though! 8/10.

Now let's go for something less murderous and diabolical this time. Like, say... something from the Pokémon anime?

9/10 That was always one of my favourites. Pokémon Heroes has such a great soundtrack.

To continue the Pokémon theme (sort of), here's a song from a film Rica Matsumoto voice acted in (she doesn't sing this however):

I’ve seen the movie and I couldn’t recall the melody at all, so that’s a strike against it. Besides that though, this is how classical music ought to sound (keep your hands off the mixer, just let the musicians play music). Forgettable but pleasant as long as it’s there. 6/10

Y’all heard that new Kanye?

I don't like Kanye's new album and he's just become trash to me after the whole Trump thing and the slavery comments. 2/10.

I had to study this in my music class this year and honestly I stan

I was JUST about to post a Kate Bush song. Lol. Anyway, not my favourite of hers (I know it's beloved!), but it's Kate Bush so that's an automatic minimum 8/10.

From the same album:

Man, I haven’t heard that album in years. I hope I’m mistaken in thinking the Stone Roses were kind of a one-album wonder? I’d love to hear more, their style is great. Like a blend of the Police and the Smiths with a hint of Joy Division. 9/10

I’ll keep the ‘80s thing going with something completely different:

9/10

I like it, you wouldn't think that the noises it's using would work, but they really do. It also somehow seems... Almost familiar? I don't know how, but it does.

6/10; this just isn't my kind of music. Some parts of the beat sound like they could be in a Wipeout game, though, so that's cool.

Now for something completely different.

I like acoustic songs with interesting vocals and lyrics, but this one didn't affect me as much as I would've expected it to. It's clearly a good song nonetheless, so 7/10.

For the first time from me on this thread, here's a — kind of — mainstream popular song (and one of the few from this particular era of music that I truly like):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom