• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate The Music Above (Ver. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vocals are a bit strange-sounding by typical standards, but they're actually rather fitting, I think... and backed up by some pretty decent music. I wasn't quite expecting to enjoy that as much as I did, so... 7.5/10.

Pokémon anime music again... this time an image song from the soundtrack of the original version of the second movie (Hateshinai Sekai, aka The Endless World):

3/10 The audio quality is bad and the mixing is atrocious which prevented me from enjoying it.

Bonus points to you if you actually sit through all 10 and a half minutes of this.

I listened to the whole thing! You've got to love the kind of song that doesn't even really start until almost four minutes in... although I actually preferred the first four minutes in this case, since I have a soft spot for... well, soft instrumental tracks. It's still a very nice-sounding song overall, though. 8/10.

Here's something much shorter :p (less than a third of the length, to be exact). A chiptune this time:

That was FIRE Definitely would not be possible to sequence on an NES, but I like that it appears to have been made in one of those 8-bit music programs. The bass and percussion reminded me of Squarepusher a little bit. I could see this track in a WayForward game. 8/10

10/10. When I was in community college, I used to compare my instructor/director to Skipper Dan. I don't think he appreciated it.

I really am not a fan of this slow, minimalist stuff, unless it has a good enough atmosphere (which this song doesn't). Singer was alright for the most part, although the falsetto didn't sound good. 3/10

Wow, and I thought that the last song by these guys was crazy-long; apparently that's just amateur hour by their standards, haha. And yes, I listened to all twenty-three minutes of that, somehow. I couldn't make heads or tails of the lyrics after that long, though, despite my (unpleasant) suspicions... oh well. The music was certainly great in any case, so... 8/10.

One might think that I'd never be able to rival the above in the sheer "what the hell?" factor, but I may have a contender here, if not in length then in lyrical content (or some might argue, anyway). It's courtesy of the Sonic the Hedgehog series... except that it's not actually from a Sonic game. Instead, from a rather bizarre OVA based on the series released back the 90s, here's its ending theme:

I like it. 7/10

This one reminds me a lot of Etrian Odyssey music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom