• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate The Music Above (Ver. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not very familiar with this series, but I've heard good things about its music. This is a nice little song here, with its empowering lyrics standing out the most for me out of everything else. 7/10.

I never thought that I'd post a Beyoncé song here (her music typically isn't my thing), but her latest Lion King-inspired album — regardless of whatever you might feel about the remake itself — arguably lives up to its name (The Gift) in more ways than one, with sounds that I wouldn't have normally expected from her (but one that's appropriate considering how the album was created). Here's one of them:

9/10 - I like the feel of it a lot. It's got those "driving at night in the rain" vibes :V

8/10 ! its nice and chill like... summer time and with friends (my friends like this kind of music so thats why lol)
idk what the lyrics are saying exactly i've only paid attention to the music itself lol

7/10 - Can't decide how I feel about the guitar. It really works in some parts, but the lack of tonal variety is really noticeable throughout the song. Otherwise, I like the beat and especially the synth. The buildup pays off well too.

Knowing absolutely nothing about this series, the only thing I can say is... that was absolutely kickass from beginning to end. A solid 9/10 for that one.

Going back to Pokémon with a special version of what I'd expect to be a familiar tune around here:

...along with a bonus to go with that, because why not:

6/10 - I feel like it probably fits better as a soundtrack than a song. As a song, it has some good moments in the instrumentation, but it's mostly flat & doesn't really have a resolution.

It doesn't work quite as well as I would've hoped, unfortunately. Super Sonic Racing's music isn't, shall we say, "simple and clean" enough to not take over everything in this case, and things get especially messy once the song changes its key later. Still, it certainly does its best, and I happily listened to the entire thing. 6/10.

Speaking of Sonic...

Given the funny history of this OVA's music (namely, the lack of an official OST necessitating rips from the movie audio itself, with predictable results as you can probably hear above), I'll offer a few alternate ways to listen, such as:

And also:

8/10 - While it's prolly my least favorite song on that album, that's not saying much considering it's still a pretty kickin' song :V
I like the keyboard and drums especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom