• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the pokemon ability above!

3/10 Isn't very helpful (unless you're using a Fire team against a Flash Fire Heatran that just won't die and baits you to use Fire move #hate)

Mind's Eye

7/10, great ability, but it loses a couple of points only because it's exclusive to Necrozma and its forms.

Flame Body

9/10

Really love how the ability helps eggs hatch faster in the overworld, which, by itself would make for a useful ability even if it were to do nothing in battle. We got many abilities that do stuff in battle anyway.

However I wish that's all it did because battling Flame Body is pretty annoying and I don't really care to use it in battle since it's a low odds niche ngl.

Prankster

From a competitive standpoint, solid 9/10. Being able to get priority for status moves like leech seed and stealth rocks/spikes can really turn the table of a battle in the long run.

Power of Alchemy

7/10, again only because it's locked to one mon, still pretty good though

Ball Fetch

1/10 Absolutely trash because I'm pretty sure it's exclusive to Yamper (not even Boltund), and Yamper is early-game, where you're not going to be missing that many balls, and Yamper is only available in one game. I'd never use it

Full Metal Body

3/10 Sick name but ultimately its just Clear Body v2.0, so uhhh not very original all things considered.

Hospitality

5/10 the ability might be somewhat useful for specific tight situations, but 25% is not a whole lot.

Tera Shell

6/10. It sounds like an annoying ability to deal with. I haven't played Gen 9 yet, so this is based on what I researched.

Pickup

It seems good on paper but most Pokémon that have it are either bad or they have a better ability to run for example, whimsicott with prankster, scovillain with moody, shiftry with wind rider, etc

Cotton Down

5/10 good if there happens to be a sunny day in the field and assuming your opponent is trying to use status moves, but it feels very occasional.

Earth eater

Back
Top Bottom