• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Rate the Song

I've heard of Kero Kero Bonito from somewhere... they're quite popular I think! This feels like it could be in like... an ambient puzzle game soundtrack? Something like Lumines or Tetris Effect, and I really like it when songs have that vibe. I'll give it a solid 7.6/10, and maybe I should listen to the full 7 minute version...

I first found this song from a popular-in-Japan YouTube/NicoNicoDouga video of some non-Japanese people in the early 2000s singing this song to very disastrous results (it's kind of charming though?)... one of the top results for searching this song is basically 'yuzu natsuiro foreigners' LOL. But yes, this song is called Natsuiro (summer-colored), by the band Yuzu! It feels very 2000s, I guess. Like I could see it being in the soundtrack of a movie from back then?

Totally agree with the your assessment, I can imagine it behind a montage in a 2000s movie. it sounds cheesy and sentimental in a way that I find really charming but a bit much. 7/10

Suitably groovy in that head-bop inducing kind of way… almost, that is. It unfortunately came off to me as more than a little musically messy at parts, making it hard for me to enjoy it to the fullest and for what it’s worth to my tastes in the first place. So with that said, 6/10.

If you’re a child of the 90s like I am, then you might be familiar with Space Jam, a weirdly major cultural event for the target audience of said movie (and the bane of many a parent and movie critic, in all likelihood). And if you’re indeed familiar with Space Jam, then you might also be familiar with the (in)famous soundtrack album associated with it, which was almost as much of a big deal as the movie itself (I had the cassette tape of it myself; not even CD, haha!). Here’s one part of said soundtrack (the title track, appropriately enough) that hasn’t completely aged like milk in the decades since its initial release:

10/10!
Oh my god, that movie is one of those that you watch over and over again and you never get bored, and the intro with that song is epic in itself, the only thing I could criticize is that it may feel a little long, but I'll overlook that :sneaky:. They went all out with the soundtrack, I Believe I Can Fly is another jewel.

I found it by chance but I remember it very well from a Chanel N°5 ad.

I'm still not a big fan of either Taylor Swift or this particular style of pop ballad, but I can't exactly say that I was bored or offended by this song in any case. So I'll give it a 6/10.

With that said, I think that there can only be one response to this in the year 2024:

Long live, indeed.
:p
/jk

(Perhaps I should make it a running gag on this thread that whenever I rate a Taylor Swift song on here, I absolutely must respond with a Beyoncé song...)

Back
Top Bottom