• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Rate the Song

It’s slightly hard to know exactly what’s going on here without subtitles. But with the sultry vocals, dreamy slow-mo cinematography, and overall visual language of the music video, I can get somewhat of a good idea of what I should be thinking about here, haha. Anyways, the music itself generally isn’t really my thing, with its highly synth nature along with the dark key and all of that reminding me a bit too much of a slicker and more modern version of 80s pop music. That said, I was never bored by the song or anything, so there’s certainly that in its favor. But overall, 6/10.

Three and a half years after its release, The Lion King: The Gift continues to live up to its name, haha, as I listen to it more. However I might feel about the movie that it’s attached to, at least we got this out of it as probably the best thing that came out of the whole project. Here’s (in my opinion, anyway!) one of the low-key better tracks from it:

7/10.
huh, I've never heard of this album before. I'm a big fan of the vocals/harmonies here; and the melody definitely sticks in my head after listening, so there's certainly something to be said for that. I will say the instrumental doesn't really leave too much of an impression on me, but that's likely just a personal taste thing - it is a very mellow song after all, and the understated sound works well here. Not the kind of thing I usually listen to but overall I like it!

So Vocaloid; sounds like Luka? Unsure at the moment, but good hear a vocaloid song I haven't heard before. 8/10

Apologies for the double screen and no subtitles, wanted to include the opening but this was the only one I could find. Full version isn't out yet either sadly but I just really like this song.

The Opening for Kamen Rider Geats: TRUST LAST by Koda Kumi X Shonan Kaze

This is a song that I’d probably normally dislike, but this was surprisingly fun for some reason. Perhaps because it’s accompanied by footage of the show that it’s the OP to, which matches the glorious goofiness of the song itself and kind of props it up into the realm of genuine awesomeness, I think, in its own unique way. I can see why people would like this song, and why it serves its purpose well as an opening song. I think I’d like to hear that full version one day, perhaps to some more video, haha. But for now, 7/10.

Might as well continue the Lion King train here, with a song that arguably might be forgotten about if you’re not familiar with the Broadway musical version (or if you’re a really big fan of the second movie where it also features):

This song is VERY GOOD to be very honest. Whether it's the man's voice or the instrumental itself I love every aspect of this song. 10/10

There's English subs for this one. It's from the Korean version of the musical Dracula with Kim Junsu.
https://youtu.be/AekpfJ1HnPE

YouTube link if anyone wants to listen to the above song. I can't say this is something I'd listen to every day, but it's good for what it is (just please don't blast it on speakers I will not appreciate it). 7.5/10

(Also I was waiting for someone to comment so thanks)

A song I will blast on my speakers is this one. I really like Kino's music (I even showed a song of theirs, not this one, to one of them my cousins today).

Last edited:
Well, these guys certainly have some swagger to spare, haha. Which helps a lot with these “I’m so baller” kind of songs, I suppose. They can actually be a guilty pleasure of mine depending on just how absolutely ridiculous and outrageous they can get. Ironically, the more that’s the case, the more disbelief that I can suspend. And since this is certainly on the more “ridiculous and outrageous” side of the scale, that, along with the surprisingly decent music backing it all up, earns it a 7/10, I think.

You know who else had some swagger? These ladies, who, with this song, probably represent the ultimate summation of late-90s/early-2000s pop music, in all of its ultra-slick, ultra-produced glory. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, though. This kind of music, too, can be a guilty pleasure of mine, haha, especially given that it was released during a very innocent and nostalgic time in my life. Meanwhile, I’ll let you guys decide what to think:

9/10.
I really like it! I don't think I've ever heard any music sung in Kazakh before. This particular style of modern pop music isn't normally something I enjoy, but this is a very pretty and catchy song and it's easy on the ears. (It actually inspired me to briefly check out a few more songs by these artists, which is usually a very difficult feat lol.) A thumbs-up from me.

I had to look this up on Youtube because I don't have Spotify. 8/10 !

How's this one from one of my favorite bands ?

Back
Top Bottom