• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Rate the Song

I can't say I love this song, but I sorta like it to be honest. Also, Charli looks nice. 9/10

I haven't listened to him in a while, but this song (and the MV) is quite nice. I was struggling between choosing this and another song that I used as an inspiration for a Fakemon I posted here, but I'll reveal it here next time I respond to one of these.

7.5/10
I really like the voices and the instrumental is great, especially the banjo.

This is normally the kind of song that I’d dislike (for many reasons), but this seems to be an exception to that rule. Maybe it’s just so silly that it loops back into awesome, or something? I mean, if you’re going to write a song like this, better go all the way, I suppose. I kid slightly, actually — it’s more than likely the novelty of the language barrier, I think — but in any case, I’ll give this song kudos for not being a complete waste of time for me as it otherwise would’ve been, and instead being something at least fairly entertaining. So with that said, 7/10.

Going back to millennium-era guilty pleasures here, with a song that I’d imagine many of you might recognize from a certain movie’s soundtrack album:

8/10
I'm a big fan of Beyoncé, I love her voice in the narration moments and the soft tone she uses in the chorus "I'm too classy" ♥, but I must admit that it isn't one of my favorite songs of hers.

This song was already among the ones I wanted to use here, coincidentally Beyoncé is the main lead so let's use it now XD

I honestly couldn’t really make heads or tails of things lyrically (although I suspect that the ever-present line “I’m only a man, but I do what I can” might give a hint as to where Grimes is getting at here. Maybe). Can you tell that I don’t listen to their music? Ahaha… anyways, I’m not really a fan of music where meanings are super-hard to parse or can otherwise be interpreted many different ways, even if said obscurities are clever (and especially if they’re not). But the music itself is catchy and of generally decent musical caliber, certainly more so than most other popular music from that time. And Grimes’ voice is, well… slightly less annoying than it could’ve been considering how high they go here! So I can say that I enjoyed that listen, even as I simultaneously feel like I didn’t get as much out of it as I suspect might’ve been intended. Maybe. Ultimately, 6.5/10.

I think I’ll go back one decade from my last entry with this next one, which will be interesting because I generally don’t like music from said decade, haha. There are exceptions, though! This song is from the (very) late 80s yet doesn’t seem to have aged a day in many regards:

Um, given the title, should I say anything?

Joking aside, this song’s surprising mix of hard metal and pop sensibility — along with the relatable lyrical content for people in this artist’s shoes, and food for thought for those who aren’t — is quite nice here! Still not my thing — pop music rarely is, in any form — but I can’t deny the quality. 8/10.

Going forwards to the dawn of the new millennium again, with something that you might be familiar with if you’re a certain age and lived in a European country. Not me with the latter, haha, but it reached my young years back then here in the States nonetheless and I still remember it after all of this time:

6/10. It sounds like music that would be played on a TikTok or YouTube Video montage. At first it sounded interesting but then it just then sounded like background music. Not something I would just listen to but maybe I would it to give a certain vibe to something.

Back
Top Bottom