• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Rate the Song

I was certainly not expecting to get what I got out of that based on what I first heard from the music and vocals, haha! I’m not sure if the visuals are “official” and/or if the song was specifically written to be viewed with them, but this is one case where I definitely think they’re extremely effective at getting the song’s emotional core across (much like I felt they did with a certain Ar Tonelico vocal song that I posted in the video game music thread a while back). Even simply having lyrics on screen to read along to helps a lot, I think (arguably an advantage that we non-Japanese speaking people have when it comes to stuff like this). Anyways, as far as sheer enjoyment goes, a solid 9/10 for that!

The following is a licensed song featured in Gran Turismo 6 and could therefore technically be considered video game music, but let’s see how it does here instead!

If you’re unable to view the above video for some reason, the song’s name is “Over There (Bingo)” by The Egg. An alternate video (of the non-official sort) can be viewed from this link.

Most of Lady Gaga’s music is not something that immediately appeals to me, through pretty much no fault of her own (I’m just not a big fan of modern pop music, is all, even when someone as obviously extremely talented as her is singing). That said, it’s to the song’s credit that I was able to enjoy it anyway, being catchy enough in that very modern pop music way. 7/10.

The following was originally posted by someone else in its “TV-size” version in the anime music thread. It was love at first listen for the opening theme of an anime that weirdly intrigued me at first sight — even before I knew what the premise was — and I’d like to see how the full version does here. So with that said:

(With an alternate link in case the above can’t be accessed for some reason.)

Back
Top Bottom