• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Very bombastic! I love it. 9/10.

Let's go with something I've not posted in a long time: Ridge Racer! And on top of that, let's go with one of the SamplingMasters themselves - Ayako Saso, a long-time composer in the video game music industry, and part of things such as SuperSweep, she's known for not only hardcore techno and rave songs like fellow SamplingMaster Shinji Hosoe (Megaten/SamplingMasters MEGA) but also breakbeats and even disco! Let's take a look at one of her works done back when she was working at Namco, Lords of TECHNO, from Ridge Racer 2 and Ridge Racer Revolution.

Lords of TECHNO / Ayako Saso (Namco)
Namco Game Sound Express VOL.14 Ridge Racer 2

ナムコ ゲーム サウンド エクスプレス VOL.14 リッジレーサー2

...Eh, it was pretty good until the mechanical sounds enter the fray (or at least I thought they were mechanical at first, then I realised they were supposed to be birds). But hey, even then, it's still some pretty nice music with that particular cheese associated with games from back in the day, so 6.1/10.

Though if you'd prefer the full version, then here it is:

Something something @Six Paths

There is music in that post tho :V

7/10 - It's a little repetitive, but it is pretty atmospheric in some parts. I don't know if it's just this particular video, but the sound quality is kinda bad. It sounds a bit tinny, I think.

This is anime as hell. 8.5/10.
Never has a game of Pictionary sounded more epic... let alone on an NES!
That's the power of the Follin brothers! Perhaps it'd do you good to show you even more? Below I present to you a theme that's... perhaps too awesome to be deserving of the game it was composed for. This is Silver Surfer's Stage Theme 02!

Stage Theme 02 / Tim Follin
Silver Surfer (NES)

Also, on a side note, I'm fairly sure you already posted some music from him - specifically, the music from the unreleased Time Trax!

Back
Top Bottom