• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

That theme's adorable. Weeeeeeeeeee/10 (that's an 8.5)

I think I might revisit some classic stuff I posted in the past soon. Until then, I'm posting even more Battle Garegga!
This arrangement comes from the M2 Shot Triggers port of Battle Garegga to the PS4, known as Battle Garegga Rev.2016, during the game's 20th anniversary. The M2 Shot Triggers label (note the red letters; it's like that in the label's logo) is a collaboration work between various creators and M2 to port SHMUPs in an arcade perfect condition with new features and online leaderboards, and frankly, from what I've seen of the two that are out there (this game and CAVE's Dangun Feveron) they're damn good - which is honestly expected after their work on games such as the SEGA 3D Classics series. Known for their top-notch emulation ports (the likes of which include the emulators used for SEGA's Virtual Console contributions on the Wii and 3DS), perhaps their most notable work in the 6th Generation of video games is the Japan-only SEGA AGES 2500 label on PS2, some of which contained expanded games/content or entirely new games, such as the case with Fantasy Zone II DX, an entirely new game created on modified System 16 hardware (dubbed "System 16C" and simply being a RAM upgrade on top of the original specs of the System 16B) for SEGA AGES 2500 Vol. 33: Fantasy Zone Complete Collection, later apparently and actually released on actual arcade hardware, and later still, recreated as part of SEGA 3D Classics itself as Fantasy Zone II W (where the original Master System version would later be recreated in SEGA 3D Classics Collection as an exclusive for the collection).

Their dedication to making top quality ports is to the point where they actually got several pro players of the game to test out BATTLE GAREGGA Rev.2016 before release to ensure that the port was arcade perfect, and among many others, they brought on the current WR holder for score leaderboards, T3-Kamui, along for the ride. This port allows the selection of four different soundtracks - The original arcade music, the SEGA Saturn arrangement, the REMIX 2016 soundtrack (originating from the BATTLE GAREGGA COMPLETE SOUNDTRACK, itself containing the Saturn arrange and the original songs), and this version - the Rev.2016 perfect edition soundtrack, a full rearrangement by the game's original composer, Manabu Namiki, which while sounding similar to the original arcade soundtrack, is filled with modern nuances to essentially make it the song we thought we were hearing back at the time of this game's first release in the arcades.
If you read the stuff in the above spoiler, cool! If not, that's okay, too. But that's enough dawdling for now - Today, I bring you one of the songs from the Rev.2016 perfect edition soundtrack, the all-new version of BATTLE GAREGGA's boss theme, Stab and Stomp!

(Listen until the 33:18 mark of the video!)

Stab and Stomp! (Boss - Air) / Manabu Namiki
BATTLE GAREGGA Rev.2016 Original Soundtrack - Rev.2016 perfect edition -

Not enough Explosion/10 (That's a 5.5-6/10; Sorry mate, it's not really my cup of coffee.)

The introduction music to Hyrule Warriors and, a medley of LoZ Main Theme ~ Ballad of the Goddesses ~ OoT Hyrule Field, all in orchestral glory. This is my favourite version of all music from the Zelda series, coming in from so far, my favourite Zelda game. There are two additional variations, but for now, here is the main version.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beaq8ysP-WQ

(Be careful! The music is quite loud!)

What is that sound effect at the beginning!? Is that someone hitting their mic? 8/10 regardless since the song itself is very good. I do like the variations in the menus as you mentioned, too, which does make it a bit sad when it's the only piece of dynamic music present in the 3DS version of the game, Hyrule Warriors Legends. All other instances of it were removed for some reason...
Not enough Explosion/10 (That's a 5.5-6/10; Sorry mate, it's not really my cup of coffee.)
This was the expected response, for multiple reasons - it's a boss battle theme in one of the more polarising examples of its genre. The aesthetics of the game are basically what you would do if Call of Duty were a top-down SHMUP instead, and a bunch of the songs definitely reflect that. I also tend to pick out boss battle themes which aren't terribly suited for listening on their own for the most part.

So let's break out of that and stick in some Pac-Man! Done by the main man behind many Ridge Racer soundtracks since Rage Racer, this is PAC IS PAC!

PAC IS PAC / Hiroshi Okubo
PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION SOUNDTRACKS (from PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2)

Edit: Also, I feel like I was a bit mean in sniping the above post so quickly. Do take your time to rate the song above my post as well!

Back
Top Bottom