• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Listening with headphones, the beeping in the first half stands out a little more than I think I would have liked. 7/10.

Why is it that Ayako Saso's recent contributions to Namco games are always long? Ah well, that's fine by me! Doubt many of you would be fans of her style in the same way that I am, though.

Nitro Witch / SamplingMasters AYA
RIDGE RACER 7 : direct audio

7/10
It sounds all fun and techno-y, but I watched it for about 5 minutes and I kept feeling like I was waiting for it to kick up. Like, the whole thing kinda feels like that opening before the real melody kicks in.

I always have a fondness for the instrumentation used in the 90's for video game music. That being said, outside of that this song didn't particularly stand out to me, especially since I have no attachment to the Mega Man franchise in general. 7/10.

Lemme DESTRUC your ears for a second, 'cause I'm posting some Shinji Hosoe today! I didn't even realise this song was a part of Taiko no Tatsujin, and apparently this one debuted in Taiko 0 - and ever since the previous song in the series before this one, Rotter Tarmination, it's apparently been a recurring trend for him to contribute to Taiko alongside fellow Sampling Master Ayako Saso (aka Sampling Masters AYA). Being a rhythm game song from Taiko, it won't last more than two minutes - but regardless, I present to you Sampling Masters MEGA's Dodon ga Do~n!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbu73UoVZsQ

ドドンガド〜ン / Sampling Masters MEGA
Taiko no Tatsujin Original Soundtrack "Full Combo!"

太鼓の達人 オリジナルサウンドトラック「フルコンボ!」

Has two of my favorite musical things - acoustic guitar and strings - and it gets progressively more exciting as it goes on. And ignoring the fact that I have absolutely no idea about the actual context of this song, it does have a rather optimistic kind of tone overall - to my ears, anyway - that's quite nice, especially with said favorite musical things present in the mix. 8/10.

Back
Top Bottom