• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

I think I can see why you said that. It's like something you'd hear out of a soap opera in the 90's, especially from East Asia. It just sounds so fitting for a scenario such as high school drama. :ROFLMAO: 8/10.

I wrote in a blog a while back exploring my thoughts as I was listening to the music of Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu, of which there are several albums with varied sounds between them. Today, I bring you a song from the DFK Arrange Album. The duo of Kohta Takahashi and Kenji Ito known as RESONATOR came together to arrange the music of DFK in a way that makes it sound worlds away from their OST counterparts in all but their shared melody. Of particular note are songs like Ending, NameEntry and the themes for Stage 4 - these four songs take inspiration from arcade FM synth, notably sounding a lot like the arcade versions of Gradius II and Gradius III, and it is Stage4A that I'll be sharing with you this time around. I feel like @InfiniteBakuphoon will get a kick out of this one...

Stage4A / Kohta Takahashi (RESONATOR) Stage4A / 高橋コウタ (RESONATOR)
DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU ARRANGE ALBUM 怒首領蜂大復活 アレンジアルバム

6/10. Not bad, but I've never really liked singing in video game music, and the constant change of themes makes it a little hard to follow.

More Ace Combat music from yours truly. This is one of the briefing soundtracks from AC5! Even THE BRIEFING can have some good epic music that gets you pumped up for the mission.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP0S3xL2S8U

How ridiculous can a jet become? 7/10.
Not bad, but I've never really liked singing in video game music, and the constant change of themes makes it a little hard to follow.
Not a fan of medley-type songs? As for me, I honestly couldn't say I expected a stupid dope mix of Mario music, but there you go, haha. (For reference, this was what I was gonna write but I got distracted to the point where you posted before I could reply.)

More DFK Black Label Arrange today. The liner notes for this particular album show that Jake Kaufman is quite the SHMUP fan, idolised Manabu Namiki for about 10 years by the time this album came out, mentions constant trips to SHMUP forums to gain insight on how to start a PCB collection, and humorously mentions moving to Antarctica because of the immense pressure of arranging the song EVAC INDUSTRY - Judgement Day (Stage5), after he realised that Hitoshi Sakimoto once rearranged the track himself (though it doesn't mention that said arrangement is found in the Daioujou/Ketsui album released in 2003). If you're wondering who Sakimoto is, he's one of the founding members of Basiscape and the only one of the three that still remains there, as the other two (one of them being Namiki himself) have since left.

Today, I bring you his take on Ketsui's boss theme!

DARKENED Boss / Jake "Virt" Kaufman
DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU BLACK LABEL Arrange Mode Album
怒首領蜂大復活ブラックレーベル アレンジモード アルバム

"Just a couple more shots desu!"

Oooooo right up my alley. The "fake" horns are kind of cheesy, but otherwise, excellent. 9.5/10

This song is amazing, one of my favorite credits songs ever. It's slow and thoughtful, and the way they played it with real life shots of people in New York was great. Plus, I love jazz and anything that sounds like Cowboy Bebop.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m4tYUfYCj4

9/10

Secret of Mana's soundtrack is a candidate for my #1. I actually have a hat with Hiroki Kikuta's autograph on it.

Dunno what it is about fishing games but they always seem to have good music.

7.5/10 The tune from 0:17-0:24 sounded familiar for some reason...

Composer: Masashi Hamauzu
Fun fact: This song is also in World of Final Fantasy, and with cellos.:)

Back
Top Bottom