• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Rate the video game music above

I Stand Out
Reaction score
8/10

Not 100% sure how to articulate why I like this one, but I do.
As side-note I'm surprised that video still exists given what's had to happen to the other Nintendo tracks

Reaction score
6/10, It's got some good parts but it's a little repetitive and bland especially when compared to a lot of Persona music.

Reactions: Ana
Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
Quite dramatic music and lyrics there, haha. It's also probably an example where the English version is arguably better, if only because you can appreciate said dramatic lyrics a bit better that way. That said, 8/10 for both.

shy deity
Reaction score
Both are great. But-
Original: 9/10
Remaster: 7.5/10
The original gets a higher score, while the remaster is still great and in high quality, it doesn't have the laugh in it. The laugh actually gives the original charm and a slight creepy feel, especially apparent when you play the game. While the remaster version of this track doesn't have the same charming, and intimidating, feel to it. (at least imo)

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
I preferred the original SNES version for its more pronounced drum track; the cover sounds a bit empty without them in comparison (while still being pretty decent, though; the enhanced guitar track helps). The song itself is great, with a nice intimate-yet-grand combination going on; a quite appropriate impression to get from a character theme. I'll give an 8/10 for the original and a 7/10 for the cover.

Part-Time Rescuer and Explorer
Reaction score
7/10 - While I'm not as well-versed with MK8's DLC course music, I'd say this one is pretty good. Not sure if it beats out Dragon Driftway though.