• With COPPA coming into full effect, the comments section and notifications for our YouTube videos are disabled. Not to worry, though, you can keep up with the latest episodes for all our ongoing series and provide your comments in the Bulbasocial section here.

Rate the video game music above

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
Has a pretty nice soundscape with an almost sleazily creepy atmosphere, even if — by design, probably — it doesn't leave that much of an impression as a traditional "song". I'd imagine this is one of those tracks that's better appreciated in context, but nonetheless: 7/10.

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
Whenever I hear that scratching sound effect at the beginning, I can't help but imagine the sound of a dog barking, haha. Otherwise, it seems perhaps a bit quiet and reserved for a battle theme, but it does have its moments of prettiness that makes it enjoyable to listen to anyway. 7/10.

(Also known as "Sunshine Cassette" on the OST proper.)

Smooth Sailing
Reaction score
9/10 - Fits its title perfectly. Makes me think of a sunny island beach :V

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
8/10 Ooooh, this sounds pretty! I've heard great things about this game.

Brutally Honest
Reaction score
I was half not going to listen to it and just mark the thread as read, but I'm glad I didn't.
Very strong inspiring vibes. 9/10 Near perfect, seems I like the Bravely Default soundtrack, should listen to the whole playlist sometime.

Song begins at 40 seconds:

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
A simple yet pretty introduction to the game that reminds me how much the PS1 can sound like the SNES, in a very good way. 8/10.

Speaking of which, this song below was probably more appropriate to post on December 3rd given that it was the PS1's 25th birthday then, but oh well! Again from Alundra (and incidentally another introduction-type song):

Byleth's best alt
Reaction score
7/10 getting some FE/TearRing Saga vibes. I remember my brother getting this game from a friend around '02 and I tried it out, never finished it though so this is now reminding me I should get around to playing it again.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
6/10 I like the song itself, but I'm docking points because the singer is trying way too hard to hit those high notes and just can't.

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
I'll refrain from saying too much out in the open in case I end up revealing too much, but I will say that compared to other, um... similarly-themed Pokémon songs, I wouldn't call it the best, but I'd definitely say that it compares very favorably. 7.5/10.

Since we're down the rabbit hole of posting Sword and Shield music now, I'll go ahead and post one of my personal favorites here. It's spoilered like the above because — of course — it should be, even though the song in question appears in the first half-hour of the game:

(Extended version to avoid spoiler-y thumbnails from appearing at the end; beware of them appearing when pausing the video, too.)