• Saph continues his journey through Galar...or does he? Watch here to see if he ever realizes he hasn't taken down the Starting Soon screen.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Rate the video game music above

Easy Breezy
Reaction score
8/10 - Very laid-back, which I was not expecting from the thumbnail, lol. I like it. Feels like it belongs to a quaint little town on a mountainside :V

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
I'll admit that I didn't expect this song to expand into something so pretty-sounding at first, but it's certainly a pleasant surprise! The strings and piano in particular are quite nice here. 8/10.

I believe this one was already posted here a very long time ago (back when we had music from this series show up on practically every page, haha), but let's see how it does this time around:

Easy Breezy
Reaction score
8/10 - Pretty, mellow, and well-structured. A bit long if it were to come up on shuffle, but I guess during gameplay that helps, since long tracks loop less often :V

Easy Breezy
Reaction score
8/10 - 's a jam \о/ I like the bass around a minute in and the thing that sounds like a railroad crossing bell, lol.

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
I forget about this game's music sometimes, which I'd argue is kind of underrated compared to a certain other game's soundtrack written by the same composer. It's not my favorite track from SimCity — it's almost a bit too slow and peaceful compared to the later, larger-city themes that I prefer — but then I also don't think there's really such a thing as a truly bad track from this game. 7/10.

How about something a bit wintery next?

2nd best boy
Reaction score
6/10 I like the track though it doesn't stand out too much imo, but it does sound like something you'd hear for a ruin area/level.

Now for my new favorite lord theme in the series (sorry Seliph and Ike):

Easy Breezy
Reaction score
9/10 - Love the atmosphere; the slow, tense drumming & the strings fading in and out make it feel real dire.

Reaction score
6/10. i do really like the mood, but the melody feels just a bit bland imo

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
While I'd say that I've heard greater examples of this style of music elsewhere, it's always nice to see a good chiptune song here on this thread. 7/10.

For the occasion (or kind of, at least):

2nd best boy
Reaction score
7/10 I like it, sounds like it could be a theme for a daytime patrol.

(I don't remember if I posted this specific track before, so apologies if I did)