• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Rate the video game music above

Standing Out
Reaction score
Original: 6/10
Warriors Remix: 6/10

It's not bad, but the melody just isn't clicking with me for some reason. The Warriors version also sounds slightly hollower? I think is the word I'm looking for?

phenomenon
Reaction score
1. 5/10 maybe it's because I haven't played this game in a long time and can't really appreciate it much, but I'm just not too keen on the theme itself. That being said it's certainly not terrible either.

2. 8.5/10 the remix though is definitely my favorite of the two, it has something that makes it stand out to me more (besides it being a rock/metal remix).

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
Sounds appropriately grand, and quite pleasantly so (probably not so much for the ones being conquered, though!). 7.5/10.

(Title is "Life at Garreg Mach Monastery", just in case...)

phenomenon
Reaction score
8.5/10 certainly a nice theme to hear when gifting/recruiting/doing quests/just wandering the monastery before a certain event happens; also pretty much my new favorite calm/easy going theme in the FE series in general. (this theme is actually what I use when I play FE Heroes while in the castle, arena menu, etc.)

Speaking of which, have the sad theme of the monastery:

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
Sounds quite epic in its own way, even if I can't say that I got much out of the song myself (I'd probably need to know where it's playing at). Nonetheless, 7/10.

I've been really getting into the music of this series lately:

(It's the opening movie theme.)

phenomenon
Reaction score
8/10 I remember watching my brother play this game before I gave it a shot, the opening theme is one of those game songs that's still amazing imo (also it always gave me Solatorobo vibes, another great game with an amazing opening). I really need to play more from this series though.

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
It sounds suitably ominous for its title, even if the sound quality — or maybe the arrangement/whatever system it's running on — kind of reduces the overall impact a little bit. Maybe an orchestra would help here? That said, it's certainly not bad in this format, and it did grow on me as it went on. 7/10.

Help yourselves to another Atelier opening:

(The title of the actual song is "Looking Out at the Sea".)

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
8/10 Very pretty! But it did get weirdly creepy and ominous near the end. Plus, the vocals seemed to get overridden by the instrumentation. Wish this and all the other pre-Iris games came out in the US.

Standing Out
Reaction score
10/10
Jake Kaufman is just a god damn master of sound design. It perfectly suits the airship in which it plays, and is just a fun tune in general.